Remember Me

The Missing Beauty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I won't break our promise. I don't care whether your Jeonghan is a boy. Right now, where ever Jeonghan is, as long as he’s alive, Mingyu will always find him, or the other way round. You can have my words."

Mr. Kim held his wife’s shoulders tight.

"Sure, honey... I swear they'll find a way," Mr. Kim said.

Mrs. Kim hadn't stopped crying for 3 days. She knew that her best friend was now going to be in better place, but it still hurt. Mr. Kim also reassured her that they'll try to find Jeonghan. But now, they must let both Mr. and Mrs. Yoon to go to their heavenly after life.

 

 

 

 

 

Jisoo slapped Jeonghan when the latter stepped inside the house through the back door. Jeonghan, who got slapped, go silent himself because he knew why and he definitely knew that he deserve that.

"I can't stop thinking that you found your real family and don’t remember or bother to come back here," Jisoo said in his cry. He's been waiting for Jeonghan all night in the kitchen, which connected to the back door. He knew that Jeonghan will come in through that door. He didn't know how, he just knew it.

"I'm so sorry, Jisoo-ya..."

"What took you so long to get back here, huh? I worried about your health and with that recall thing too, you know? I also thought that something bad happened to you! You should also call or at least text me back!"

Jeonghan bite his lips and then he hugged Jisoo, who definitely hugged him back. And they fell to the kitchen floor.

"I'm home," Jeonghan said softly.

Jisoo hugged him tight. "I'm so glad that you're fine. And welcome home, Hanie..."

They kept hugging like two small kittens for almost five minutes, until one of them started to speak out his mind.

"You will never believe what had happened..."

Jisoo released Jeonghan suddenly, and he squinted at the blonde haired boy. "Tell me everything, and don't even think about leaving one single detail!"

 

 

 

 

 

"You know that I love you, right?"

 

Jeonghan looking into Mingyu's puppy eyes—Jeonghan's weakness. His hand was still holding into Jeonghan's wrist tightly. The blonde haired realize that his hand was definitely smaller than Mingyu's, even though he was older--since Mingyu called him hyung.

"Were those friends more important than me?"

Mingyu asked with a serious voice. A little bit intimidating if Jeonghan could say. Anyway, he never said anything about Jisoo or Seungcheol...

"W-what?"

"Hyung, did you get your memories lost?"

They locked gaze with each other. And then Jeonghan nodded. "I'm sorry..." he said.

"So, I am the only one who keep remember about us, huh?"

Jeonghan was putting on his saddest expression. He couldn't say anything else than apologizing.

Mingyu's hand reached for Jeonghan's face, and caressed the latter's cheek.

"You're real..."

He saw how cute the confused Jeonghan blinked, he chuckled. And suddenly, he realized what he actually felt toward the older.

It was so obvious that he couldn't love another person heart-fully, and yet always think about Jeonghan all day long, but he never wanted to admit it. But Mingyu realized it wasn't normal. When his entire friend was bragging about their girlfriend, Mingyu was all alone and not even feeling envious. Even though he had so many girls adoring him, he showed no interest at all, making his entire friend feel envious instead. When all of his friends were talking about their weird dreams of girls, he almost never dreamt anything other than Jeonghan in his sleep.

He often laughed so sarcastically. He never even met Jeonghan again in the past 10 years, and yet he could recognize him right on the day they finally met again even though Jeonghan appearance now is quite different from he was when he's still 7.

The 7 years old Jeonghan was an angel, a big brother, a best friend, and Mingyu never had his eyes off of the older. Although he was quite weak, he was definitely bigger and taller than him, with his chubby cheeks and cute bunny eyes. He remembered how Jeonghan was already a elementary grade student, and Mingyu cried because they are now going to the different school. When his mom asked why he cried even after Jeonghan told him that he will pick Mingyu up from his kindergarten after school. That time he said...

 

"If I'm not with hyung, everyone will do bad things to him!"

 

And he cried again. Jeonghan had to skip school to accompany Mingyu all day long.

Felt like it was just happened yesterday. But now, Jeonghan in front of him looked all growing up and seems like he became stronger than he was, but still giving out an angelic aura with warm gaze. Even though he looked stronger, his slender body giving Mingyu the old feeling of having to protect him at all costs. But overall, he definitely grew up well, Mingyu glad he did.

He surely never met this version of Jeonghan, but why could Mingyu possibly be able to recognize him right away...

Dream was the only thing he got the clues from. It wasn't just about how Jeonghan looked like. He also knew how Jeonghan sleeps, how Jeonghan eats, how Jeonghan walks, how Jeonghan talks, also how Jeonghan keeps his hair long and blonde. But still, he only knows how, not why. That was why he kept wondering why. He knows everything about Jeonghan, until it felt not right. And all these dreams... please just say; was there even anyone out there who ever kept dreaming about someone far away and seeing him grew just from the dreams? Was that even possible? And even if Jeonghan was dead, why he kept dreaming about him growing up just like him?

The dreams kept appeared, felt like telling him not to forget about Jeonghan. No matter how hard he tried to not give it a damn, the dream won't let him. He often seeks for answer in that dream, but nothing showed up. He lost hope once, but it changed recently. So, instead of tried to throw away those feeling, Mingyu was trying to embrace it with all the memories he always had with him. That was the day when he realized...

 

Jeonghan already took his heart away with his disappearance long ago.

 

And maybe that was all he needed to do, because the next day, the missing beauty suddenly appeared. Now he thought; why didn't he just do that earlier?

 

"M-mingyu?"

"Hmm?"

"I should get ba—"

"I love you too, Hyung."

Jeonghan blinked as his heart beating so fast. Mingyu love him, too? But he never even mentioned his feeling toward the younger. What Mingyu knows that he didn't know?

But well, there's actually a lot.

"We just met, you know?"

Jeonghan said, uneasy.

Mingyu didn't know why, but he suddenly felt so angry. He couldn't believe that Jeonghan actually said that. Didn't he say that their childhood fri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter