Heartbreak at a Wedding

See You Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sand was warm between your toes as you stood next to Jen on the beach. There was a makeshift wedding arch set up for rehearsal, and the wedding party was just arriving. Jen was texting Luhan to find out where he and the groomsmen were. The wedding was less than 24 hours away, and Jen was becoming a nervous wreck. When you tried to talk her out of a beach wedding, you knew she wouldn’t let it go; that’s what she had wanted since she was a child. You hoped she didn’t regret it now that she had dragged you several hours away from home.

 

“The guys are gonna be a little late.” She sighed, looking at her phone.

 

“That’s fine. That gives me enough time to ask you why the hell didn’t you tell me Minseok is the best man.” You gave her a pointed look.

 

“Did Luhan tell you?”

 

“No, I ran into Minseok at a store. Oh, look, there are the guys.” You looked past Jen, and she whipped around.

 

Luhan led the group of guys down the stone stairs from the hotel resort. Minseok wore a button down with the first few buttons undone, showing off his collarbones. Your eyes trailed up to his face to see him smirking. As they finally made it to the girls, Minseok stood by your side.

 

“You should probably keep your staring more discreet.” He whispered in your ear.

 

You playfully shoved his shoulder, “Bite me, Minseok.”

 

“You would like that, wouldn’t you?” He winked and walked over to Luhan.

 

You heard Jen’s cousin snort next to you. “Not. A. Word.” You warned her.

 

“Y/N, come meet the other groomsmen.” Jen suddenly tugged your arm towards the group of guys, “You remember Joonmyeon. This is Yixing; he was also in their frat. This is Luhan’s friend from work, Kris.”

 

Kris was extremely tall; he stuck out like a sore thumb amongst the wedding party. You smiled at the groomsmen and greeted them. When the guys walked off with Jen’s mom rattling off instructions, Jen nudged you gently with her elbow.

 

“That’s the guy Luhan wants to set you up with.” She gestured vaguely in their direction.

 

“Who? Kris?” You scrunched your eyebrows.

 

She nodded happily.

 

“Jen… You know I don’t want a relationship right now.”

 

“Oh, come on. It’s been a few years since you’ve dated anyone. I know he seems a bit stand offish, but he’s really sweet. Don’t let his resting face scare you off.”

 

“I dated Sehun. Resting face doesn’t faze me.” You shifted your gaze back to the guys, noting Minseok quickly looking away from you. Did your heart just flutter?

 

-

 

Water cascaded down the rocks into the pool, creating a cool, light mist over you as you sat in lounge chairs talking with the bride-to-be about little details for the wedding. The rehearsal had gone smoothly after the guys became serious. When Minseok escorted you down the aisle, you couldn’t help but imagine your own wedding. The only thing that was a blur was the person waiting at the alter.

 

A splash caused the two of you to jerk your heads in that direction, finding Luhan and his friends in the pool. Jen looked back at you with a mischievous grin. You knew what she was thinking.

 

“No, don’t even think about it.” You gave her pointed stare.

 

“At least just talk to Kris. What if you really like him?” She whined.

 

“I guess we’ll never know.”

 

“You’re such a party pooper. He said you’re really pretty.”

 

“My mom said that too, but I’m not gonna date her.” The glare Jen threw at you almost made you laugh.

 

“That’s different, you little !” She smacked your leg.

 

You noticed Luhan sneaking up behind her with his index finger to his lips. “You’re right.” A grin spread across your face as Luhan lifted her from her chair, her squealing in surprise.

 

“You don’t have your phone on you, do you?” He asked.

 

“No.” She answered hesitantly.

 

“Good.” He laughed before tossing her into the water.

 

When Jen breached the surface, she let out a loud scream, “Luhan! I’m going to kill you!”

 

He playfully mocked her and jumped in close

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter