Polaris, Sun, and Moon

POMME | Monsant Christmas

 

The party starts smoothly, the drinks came pouring in, the food was delicious (she had to pat her back for that), the interior was on point, the carrot bundles in front of the “I promise to love you” installation is her most favorite of all because Jiyong specifically designed that part for her – “smooth moves to swept her away 101” by G-Dragon.

                         

 

Dara mingles with her +82 squad the most since no YG artists are present due to schedule conflict. Good thing, she's close enough with everyone in the squad so she would've feel so out of place while Jiyong entertains a handful of guests – besides they're on their usual stealth mode, lowkey friends set up like they always do at parties. Cameras are everywhere so its better to keep a distance.
 

The surprise of the night was when Dami Kwon announced her engagement with her long time beau, gaining approval and excitement from everyone. This explains the tight security, the large number of guest and the huge groom and bride teddy bears stationed on the lounge.

Thinking the surprise is over, here comes the biggest shock of the night for Dara. Kiko was invited and arrived late. Millions of thought ran through her mind justifying her presence – right. Kiko was once Dami's model for her brand, Rare Market.
 

Although it has been years since Jiyong and Kiko split up, it pains her heart to see them together, to hear the media talking about them everytime, and to hear people say that they should get back together.
Her festive mood is already ruined but she had to stay in respect to Dami.

 

Kiko is having a good laugh with the +82 squad – her former squad before she turned her back on them to avoid issues and to move on from the breakup with Jiyong, although they remain good friends as she regarded Jiyong as her wise, older brother.

 

Observing from afar, Dara knows that everyone adores Kiko. Her wide smile, her honest eyes, her perfect body proportions, her model stance and charisma – she hated to admit, but its true that she can easily pass as a stinky poop in comparison to her. Poop to Gold. Nice.


Its been a while.

 

Jiyong must be happy see her again.

 

Does he miss her?

 

Strings of thoughts ran through her mind while sipping her martini. She felt uneasiness and a slight pang of pain knowing the possibilities that Jiyong might still have lingering feelings for Kiko.

Dara is just seated on the farthest part of the sofa, gulping her drink. Their eyes met and Kiko quickly smiled and Dara returned the favor – it was awkward in all points since they do not talk at each other since forever. Her eyes back on Jiyong who was still in the +82 squad's area.


 

A while ago he's busy roaming around and now that Kiko's here, he's staying?

 

Avoiding the media, my *ss. He can't even check on me.

 

Omg, am I jealous?
 

Dara became uneasy and gone is her happy, bubbly self a while ago. She busied herself in the corner, drinking a lot and rejecting her friends offer to dance with them. She rather drown herself in alcohol than to see Kiko and Jiyong together.

 

Bajowoo, a very good friend of Dara sensed her sudden mood change and her perfectly knows the reason. why He tagged along Nakajima to pull Dara out of her dark corner and asked her to eat cup noodles with them.

They talked over hot noodles in the balcony area, away from the people and smell of liquor.

“You're obviously jealous, Dara-chan. it” Masahiro Nakajima while munching on the side dishes.


“Jealous over nothing. Don't mind it Dara-yah, She's a past.” Bajowoo comforted her.


“Yaaaah~ who told you I'm jealous? I'm not! That relationship was waaaaay too expired to revive. Plus how can Jiyong have interest on her again? Is it possible? Yes she looks fine, but I'm pretty too..blah blah blah.” Dara continues her rants while the two could only side eye each other.

Bajowoo whispered, “Not jealous, aye?!”

 

When they went back inside the Monsant, she was then immediately tugged by GeeEun, (Bigbang's stylist) for a photo op with GD and the rest. Realizing Dara's beside him, Jiyong immediately wrapped his hands around her waist. Dara flinched a bit when she felt Jiyong's hands around her, and immediately moved to the farther side. This is a clear sign that something was off with her.

 

Dara amuses herself by watching the people happily mingling around like butterflies while seated on the corner side of the cafe . She shot a glance to the side, only to see her boyfriend, his ex and their friends playing a game. All controls failed when she saw how Jiyong took the liquor shot intended for Kiko.

“Why am I even here?” she thought and quickly exited her way out of Monsant, carefully holding in the tears that are about to escape from her eyes.

In the lounge, Dami was on her way back after a phone call when she saw Dara leaving.

“Oh. Are you going? The party's not yet over.” Dami protested.


“Ah. Ani Unnie, I'm just trying to get fresh air.” She replied with a trembling voice, so as not to offend the newly engaged sister.

Don't be like this, Dara-ah. Whatever you see or hear, shake it off. Just trust my brother's feelings. Alright?” She assured her, patting her arm and warmly smiling at her.


She knows even without Dara telling her. Is there a big “JEALOUS” sign written all over her face that everyone sees it?
Is she that shallow? Does she handle the situation so poorly? Dara could only look down and smile.

Sit beside the bears, I'll take some pictures of you. Aigoo~ you're even cuter than the bears.” Dami teased and joked at her as she takes random pictures of Dara on the lounge to make her feel a little better.

       

 

Because of Dami's sweet gestures, she found herself on the balcony again. The cold wind seeping through her skin, the smell of the sea calming her, but never leaving the thought of his man inside the walled room, enjoying himself with who the hell knows.

Suddenly, Dara heard the friction of the metal chair against the floor, approaching her. She never bother to look behind as it may destroy the little piece of happiness she is having.

 

Hello.” A weak, but sweet voice echoed. It was Kiko, now seated beside her.

 

Although startled, Dara tried to keep her composure and decided to put aside all her ugly thoughts just for tonight.

Its just all an awkward mess..” she keeps telling to herself.

 

 “Most days I hated you, but I always hated myself more” Kiko opened up, like an ex and a current could suddenly do casual girly talks.

It made Dara's eye brows furrowed for a bit, clueless of where Kiko is going with her statement. 

“I hated myself that I need to let go of Jiyong for you. I hated you because you were there by the minute he dumped me.” Kiko blurted out, lazily stretched her long, intimidating legs while seeming to wait for a retort.
 

“I waited for him because I know it's worth it.” Dara confidently answered back, looking at her while trying to figure out the sense out of this moment.

 

“We're all a er for somebody – and I still do.” Kiko never broke from the heated stare. “I still love him, Dara.”

 

The confession made Dara a little bit uneasy. Now its crystal clear that Kiko isn't giving up yet – and its scarier because there might be part of Jiyong that wants her back too. It makes Dara weak inside out.


Tears are b in her eyes, but she immediately stopped them before falling. “Kiko..” Dara sighed heavily by the mention of her name. “The stars were never meant to find you a home.”, she muttered, while looking at the beautiful night sky. Even without looking, she knows those words confuse the woman beside her. “You need to be your own star, so you can comfort someone longing for your light. - Jiyong is mine. I am his polaris, his sun, his moon.. don't expect me to back down just because you still have feelings for him.” Weird, but she found herself smiling.

“I bruise easy, but that doesn’t mean I’m not strong."

 

As if the tension wasn't there, Kiko welcomed Dara's thoughts with a genuine smile.

Though I'm okay now. I know he won't come back. You are Jiyong's poetry now – and even then.”

 

Even after hearing those seemingly kind words, Dara remain seated, frozen while looking at the horizon, maybe thinking.

Kiko stood up, respectfully bowed to her and left.

Although their talk isn't what she expected, Dara felt a bit heavier inside, with lots of unanswered thoughts and fear. She hail a cab and returned to the Kwon's residence nearby, where she is staying.

 

--

 

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY EVERYONE~ ♥

Choose to spread love today (and every chance you get)

These days, I always sound so positive.. have you notice?

Truthfully, inside I am getting burnt out by all the demands I have to comply.. 
Oh well.. I updated so I could breathe for a while.
Funny how our precious OTP can make me smile and feel happy.. 

and of course, your comments also lighten up my day, so thank you, thank you, my dear readers.. ♥

thank you for sparing some of your time, I hope I am giving you GOOD VIBES ONLY ♥

kekeke.. 

-RO