Song Seunghyun and his wonderful dongsaeng.

It was because of her. (Sequel to As time goes by)

Aigoo my Mingki fell asleep.  She needs to learn to not sleep in such random places. She's a girl! A pretty one at that! I shall not give her up to just any man!

I gaze at her sleeping figure. She's so different. She was so innocent and pure, but I can't deny the fact that she shouldn't be so innocent after what happened. 

I'm sure none you guys know what really happened.  Minji was always so secretive, I wouldn't blame you guys if you were confused. Minji and I have always been really close, we treated eachother like brother and sister, yet we never once thought we were anywhere near brother and sister types.  Being as only children we always wanted to spoil eachother. 

But as we got older, I noticed a change in Minji.  She was, well, becoming a young woman.  Soon guys would start taking notice to her, at first it didn't bother me. I mean, who was I to bud into her and her relationships. 

Being so close to Minji, not once have I ever thought about getting a girlfriend.  I have one girl to spoil if I add another, I would be broke!

But Jiyeon was different. Park Jiyeon. She was amazingly breathtaking, if I had to say so, she was prettier than Minji. And I made sure to always tell Jiyeon she was beautiful.

Soon enough, Minji and I were no longer close. And when I found out than Taemin was the aggressive type, I let it go. I thought, why should I be the one taking care of her? She is old enough to take good care of herself.

I heard all around the school of Taemin and Minji's relationship after they came back from Jeju Island. But shortly after they cam back I noticed that Taemin's eyes weren't on Minji, but another girl.

What did I do?

I let it go, again. She wasn't my responsibility anymore, not that she ever was.  But I found her importance in my life slowly decreasing with the passing days.

Then Jiyeon wanted to stay at my place for awhile.  Of course I would let her in, I mean it's my girlfriend. I loved her.

Loved.

But while we were talking, my door rang.

Not wanting to bother Jiyeon, I got up and answered the door to find a crying Minji there. 

"Oppa, help me." 

She gave me a desperate look. I turned back to Jiyeon, who was looking at me with a confused look, but still her face etched with a smile. 

I can't leave Jiyeon, I haven't seen her in days.

Minji wasn't my responsibility. She should be able to take care of herself.

"Opp-"

I couldn't hear the rest, because I already slammed the door shut.

Not my responsibility, not anymore.

Not ever.

"mmf."

I quickly jump back to present time, again gazing at the sleeping Minji.

I noticed one by one, drops of tears came down. 

Falling, falling, falling.

Quickly, as if they have somewhere to go.

I'm so sorry, Minji.

"I'm so sorry."

I get lost in my tears, drowning in them.

"It's alright Oppa."

And as usual Minji pulls me from my darkest fears.

She was always there.

I just wasn't.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anneyong readers!~ 

My winter break started so I should be able to update more often!~

The previous chapter was a flashback with Krystal and Taemin. Not present. This was before Minji's story.

This has some flashback/present scenery with Song Seunghyun and his little dongsaeng.