Chapter 3

The painful love that freed my soul

 

“Ugh… This is so boring….” In Ha whispered,
In Ha was just in her desk doodling her terrible drawings all over her notes, she found class super boring because she hated math, she barely understood anything that the teacher was teaching, so she decided to entertain herself by drawing and playing with the split ends on her hair.

 

All of a sudden the door opened and because of her boredom, her short intention span made her look up,

            It was the boy from the bus. She was confused why he was her, she never saw him in class before, other wise she would’ve noticed.

 

“Kim Myungsoo!” The teacher smiled, “Had practice today?”

 

“Ah  Neh, my coach gave me an excuse yesterday for this class, I had to practice a little longer.”

 

“No problem! We don’t want you to lose that huge game now do we?”

 

All of a sudden the entire class cheered for Myungsoo, except In Ha, who sat here like a clueless sheep. All she could do was stare at Myungsoo’s amazing face.
However, she was puzzled about this game the teacher was talking about.

 

“He boxes right? Is he somestar athlete?” She whispered to herself.

 

“ Go ahead and sit down Myungsoo and you can forget about that essay due tomorrow, I’ll extend it after the game.”

 

“Bw-Bwoh!?” In Ha yelled and stood up from her seat.

 

The entire class took their attention away from Myungsoo to In Ha, She looked like a complete idiot, standing there shocked,

 

“Is there something you’d like to share with the class In Ha?”

 

“H-Huh? U-Uh……. Ani….” She whispered and sat back down,
“Tch, How embarrassing…” The Queenka commented and laughed with her friends.

 

In Ha glared away and stared out the window, Myungsoo looked at In Ha,
“Have I seen her before?” He whispered,
“She looks familiar…” She shrugged it off and walked to his assigned seat.

 

In Ha stared at Myungsoo who sat at the front while she sat all the way in the back of the corner. It then hit In Ha, “Ah…. I have to remember to give him the picture….”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

During lunch hour, Myungsoo decided to go take a nap in his desk,
“Yah Oppa~~” Queenka Hyuna smiled,

 

Myungsoo sat there in silence, he never talked to any of his class mates, he mostly did his work and kept things to himself. He had trust issues ever since the struggles from last year, he wanted to stay away from people e wasn’t close to, especially women.

 

“ Yah Hyuna, quit trying, you know Myungsoo doesn’t talk to anyone.”
Her friend commented,

 

“Hmmm? Araso, I’ll try next time, Myungsoo seems to be tired from practice.”
Hyuna smiled and skipped away with her friends.

 

“Someone needs to tell her to get a longer skirt..….”
In Ha mumbled as she was chewing her sandwich.

In Ha, still didn’t make any friends, she mostly just sat on her desk and would eat her lunch as she would be drawing on random crap.

Out of the blue, a girl with long and silky brown hair came up to her and sat next to the desk next to her,

“Hello, are you In Ha?” The girl asked,

 

In Ha’s eyes widened, that someone actually wanted to talk to her, she never socialized with one person at all during school.

 

“Uh, Yeah.” In Ha responded,

 

“I sit two desks away from you, I’m Yoona, I saw that you were new and I wanted to introduce myself.”

 

“Well, I’m In Ha and I’m the face of Ulzzang, is what Appa told me, so it must be true.”

 

Yoona chuckled as she opened her water bottle,
“Wah, you’re so cute. You really are home schooled, I never met someone like you before.

 

“Well….  I am face of Ulzzang.”

 

“Ahahaha, Neh. I hope we can be friends.”

 

Friends? Wait!? I’ll have my very own first friend other than my dad, and fashion designer!?

 

“OMO! That’s sweet of you to say! Of course we can be friends!”
In Ha’s face beamed,

 

“Aigoo, you have a weird ayego you know that?” Yoona laughed.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

After a long day of school, school finally ended. Myungsoo was the first to walk out of class and to the bus stop since he finally had a day off of boxing.

While In Ha Was walking with Yoona out of school,

“Wah, so your dad was really the big owner of the company, shame that it was bankrupt….”

 

“Neh…. Can you believe it!? I lost everything just like that! I lost all my purses, expensive clothes, and even my Lexus!”

Yoona was surprised what In Ha had,
“Oh….. I’m sorry about that.”

 

“It’s fine, at least I have you to listen to my problems.”

 

“Of course! What are friends for?” Yoona smiled,


All of a sudden a horn honkd in front of the school,
“Omo, it’s my boyfriend Taecyeon! I have to go! I’ll see you tomorrow neh?”

 

“Neh! Bye new friend!” In Ha waved.

 

In Ha then walked to the other corner of school, waiting for her bus.
In Ha was standing there, looking around, when all of a sudden, she sees Myungsoo sleeping on the bus stop bench.

             In Ha gazed at Myungsoo’s amazing presence and  walked up closer to him to get a better look of Myungsoo, he was even more amazing when you saw him up close.

 

“ Wah, now I’m so unsure if I’m the face of Ulzzang anymore.” In Ha whispered.

 

She wanted to touch his face; until the bus came on the wrong time.
In Ha groaned and looked at Myungsoo who was still asleep.

“Should I wake him?” In Ha said.

 

She tugged onto Myungsoo’s blazer,

“Yah…… Yah….. Ahjussi, bus is here.” In Ha said with a red face.

Myungsoo’s eyes slowly opened, and he woke up.
Myungsoo looked at In Ha who woke him, she glanced at him multiple times,
“What? You should thank me I woke you up.”
In Ha mumbled,

 

Myungsoo’s bored expression made it obvious he wasn’t going to speak, he got up from the bench, grabbed his bag, and walked past In Ha with there shoulders bumping to each other. In Ha looked back as she saw Myungsoo enter the bus,
She scoffed and rolled her eyes,

 

“Who does this guy think he is?” She said to herself.
She wanted to just throw her ugly shoes at him, hoping he’d die.

 

In Ha grabbed her stuff and walked into the bus, paying with her bus ticket.
She looked at Myungsoo who sat on the same seat on the bus, asleep.

 

In Ha glared at him as she walked to the seat as she did yesterday.
“This guy….. Pabo, I oughtta….” She clenched her fist and looked away with an angry look.

 

The bus driver looked at the two with his head mirror and snickered at the two.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Once the bus stopped to Myungsoo’s and In Ha’s stop, In Ha saw that Myungsoo was still asleep.

 

“No In Ha! He’s a jerk! Just leave him! He’ll probably end up somewhere far! Be lost, poor and hungry!” In Ha thought.

 

She walked out of her seat and proceeded out of the bus, but a slight pain of guilt twisted in her chest, it felt tight. She turned around and stared at Myungsoo.

            She groaned and stomped towards Myungsoo’s seat,

“Yah! Rude Ahjussi! Wake up! This is the last stop!” In Ha yelled.

 

Myungsoo woke up from his long slumber and saw In Ha,
He tilted his head and In Ha looked at him nervously,

 

“You…. Why are you looking at me like that?” In Ha asked.

 

“You woke me up even though I ignored you in the bus stop,
do you like me or something?” Myungsoo asked.

 

“B-Bwoh!? Tch! AH! PFT! Why are you getting weird ideas! HUH!?You’re a stranger! I don’t even know you! I’m just being a good citizen!”

 

“Aish so loud…. Myungsoo mumbled and grabbed his bag, walking out of the bus.

 

“THIS GUY! He’s driving me crazy!!!!” In Ha yelled to herself,
she walked out of the bus and saw Myungsoo walk the opposite way as her.

In Ha bit her lip, debating if she should really throw something at him.

 

All of a sudden she remembered,
“Ah picture!” She said to herself.

 

She quickly took out the picture in her skirt pocket and yelled,
“Ahjussi! Ahjussi! Wait up!” In Ha yelled.

 

Myungsoo didn’t turn until she annoyed him with the repeated words,
“AHJUSSI! AHJUSSI! AHJUSSI!”

 

He turned around and had an annoyed look plastered on his face.

 

“Are you some stalker?” Myungsoo asked.

 

“Bwoh!? Stalker! Yah! I’m no stalker!”

 

“You follow me around, and someone who likes someone when they don’t like them back and follow them is a stalker.”

 

“I’m not a stalker!”

 

“Then a ert?”

 

“I’m not a stalker or ert! I’m Yoo In Ha! I’m the flower face of Ulzzang all across of Seoul! I’m so rich I could get the entire Seoul population and fly them to Paris!!!I am the main model of BB cream! I am not a common folk!!!”

 

“Aish…. You’re really bratty you know that? If you’re not a stalker or ert, what do you want?”

 

“Yah!----- Ah…… Uh, you dropped this yesterday at the bus, I wanted to give it to you but you left.” In Ha said, handing him the picture.

 

 

Myungsoo looked at the picture and his heart throbbed.

 

“It’s yours right? Take it.” She handed him the picture.


Myungsoo took the picture and immediately tore it in half.
In Ha gasped as he tore it into pieces.

 

“Yah! What’s your problem!?” In Ha yelled,

 

“It’s mine right? I can do whatever I want with it.”

 

In Ha stood there shocked,

“Don’t follow me, talk to me, or look at me. Looking at you bothers me.
Pretend we never even talked, don’t act like you know me in school too.
You’re voice is annoying and I beg to differ you are the face of Ulzzang, you’re a stalker, a ert. Now go or I’ll call the cops.” Myungsoo spoke angrily.

 

In Ha should be furious, but Myungsoo really looked intimidating,
she was too scared to do anything. He was the main star athlete; she didn’t want to be sent to her deathbed.

 

Myungsoo then turned around and walked away.
Leaving In Ha speechless with the torn pieces flying away in front of her.