Chapter one

The painful love that freed my soul

 

Myungsoo finally finished practice; his coach was nagging to him constantly how his throw punches were his major weak spots and how he will never make it into Seoul Academy with his lack of training. It didn’t really bother Myungsoo, he liked the feeling of training harder and more excuses to punch his best friend Sungyeol, as his punching dummy.

 

Myungsoo stood at front of the school; he looked around if Sungyeol was anywhere or at least his car. Usually he would be at school at this time around, it was unusual for Sungyeol to be late. Myungsoo’s brow furrowed and he dug in his gym bag in search of his phone; he then found it and quickly dialed Sungyeol’s number.

 

“Yeobosayo?”

 

“Yah, Sungyeol, where are you?”

 

“OH! Myungsoo! I’m sorry! My boss made me stay a little longer for our home project, do you mind if you could take the bus or something?”

 

“Aish Sungyeol, so irresponsible for keeping time.”

 

“You’re lucky I even let you share a roof with me!”

 

“I’m just kidding Yah! Anyways, go out and eat today, cause I hate being your wife and always cooking your meals!” Myungsoo yelled, immediately hung up and blew his hair.

 

“Ugh…. I hate taking the bus… Especially to Sungyeol’s place, he lives so far!”

 

Myungsoo ran into the other corner of school, as in cue, the bus just stopped in front of Myungsoo and he quickly got on.

 

“Morning Ahjussi.” I said paying on the slot machine,

 

“Hello Myungsoo, I haven’t seen you on the bus for a while.”

 

“Only today, my friend couldn’t pick me up.”

 

“I see, did you just come from your boxing practice?”

 

“Yeah, I just finished.”

 

“Are you gonna kick on next months championship? I heard the other school’s champion is tough.”

 

“Yah Ahjussi, this is my future! Last year I couldn’t make it due to my leg issue, but I’m Kim Myungsoo! I’ll definitely make it this year.” Myungsoo smiled,

 

“Better be! I bet a mother load on your championship! Also the best colleges are going to be there, looking for a fighter like you.”

 

“Araso, you won’t be disappointed Ahjussi.”

 

Myungsoo walked off and went to the far cornerand saton his seat he usually sat.
Myungsoo was finally seeing a bright future ahead of him again; earning another chance to fight against another champion is what Myungsoo was waiting all his life to get to. After his sudden divorce with parents, neither one taking him, he still managed to work hard, even without their help.
            Myungsoo was your everyday rich guy hat you’d spot from a far at the streets, he alays wore the best clothes, had the nice things, and the best looks. But everything changed once the sudden failed marriage came upon him, he had to move out and live with his friend Sungyeol with his grandfather, he had to get a job that paid well for his tuition money, or should I say jobs. He had one as a Nike shoe employee, one as skating cashier, and one part time he does as a balloon seller with him having to wear a ridiculous bear costume.

            It’s been a long year for him to get on his back again and to find another opportunity, he lost contacts with all his friends except Sungyeol, he never went to have fun at all like your everyday college good looking guy, he always focused on boxing and only that, he trained everyday and every night until he saw blood.
Myungsoo used to go to parties and clubbing before when he was rich, but looking at what he was now, he knew he became a better person.

 

Myungsoo sighed from the hard working practice, he looked out the window and saw that it was going to rain, crap and Sungyeol’s place was a fifteen minute walk, since he lives up on the hills. He didn’t even bring an umbrella.

 

“Aish…. What a bother.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“WHAT!? Oppa! What do you mean I have to take the bus!!!???” Yoo In Ha yelled in the phone,

 

“It’s not that bad! I told you we can’t afford a driver anymore In Ha.
We’re not going to spoil you now, we are regular people now!”

 

“But I don’t wanna be regular! I wanna be rich!!!!” In Ha complained.

 

“Yah! Just go! Appa has to work now!” In Ha’s father hung up,

 

“Appa? Appa! APPA!!!!???” She yelled at the turned off cell phone,
She whined like a little girl,

 

“Regular? REGULAR!? I’m In Ha!!! I’m the top face of all of Ullzang! I’m a model for BB cream for out loud! I’m not regular!!!!!” In Ha yelled.

 

People stared at her as if she was a lunatic, considering how she was talking to herself, made it look like it. In Ha walked toward the bus stop on the corner of school. She was so embarrassed, to be taking the bus, she was the richest amongst all rich.

            She had maids and butlers, aligned to help her, bodyguards to carry her stuff, and unlimited Louis Viton bags. It made her feel like trash that one of the most successful man whose company went down, was her dad. In Ha lost everything after that, she had to give away all her belongings, not a single Juicy, Gucci, or Viton bag was left. She lost everything like that.

            Today she just transferred to a public school, it was terrible, she didn’t know how to act normal, since she was home schooled all her life. In Ha didn’t make a lot of friends, she felt she was better than anyone and didn’t have time to talk to the common people, when it never hit her she was one of them.

 

“ Aish…. Where’s the bus…. It’s sprinkling a little…” In Ha pouted.

 

The bus came right on time and parked in front of the bus stop,
In Ha walked in the bus and greeted, even though she didn’t like common people, she loved her elders.

 

“Hello Ahjussi!” In Ha bowed and entered the money on the slot,

 

“Morning pretty miss! A little too fancy to be riding the bus?”

 

“A-Ah…. My driver’s car broke down and I’m in desperate for a ride!”
She lied to hide that she was normal.

 

“Oh? Well, mind taking a seat miss?”

 

“Ah! Neh!” In Ha walked in the bus.
She walked toward a spot that had no one occupying.
As she sat down, she took out her cell phone, trying to dial
her dad’s number again.

 

After many failed attempts of missed calls,
She gave up and tossed it in her purse.
“Aish….. That Appa…. He has a car! Why won’t he at least pick me up? His angel, pretty flower is taking the bus~” She whined.

 

“Aish…. So loud and annoying…” She heard a voice a cross from her,
It was a boy, he seemed really exhausted, he wore her same school uniform, he had a Adidas gym bag next to him, and it looked like he was bothered by something. Which was obviously her.

 

In Ha looked at the boy more, and realized he was very handsome.
However, the fact he told her she was loud and annoying changed her whole perspective.

 

“Tch…. Loud…. I’m Yoo In Ha…. The face of Ulzzang…” She whispered, looking away and flipped her hair.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

The bus finally stopped their last stop; Myungsoo and In Ha were the last two on the bus, since both homes were far away.

 

In Ha looked at Myungsoo who didn’t even glance at her, grabbed his bag, and walked off the bus.
            “Tch….. Jerk….” She mumbled and walked, as she walked, she saw a picture on the floor,

 

“Huh? What’s this?” She said and picked up the picture.
She saw the same boy she saw on the bus with an extremely beautiful girl and two people who looked like his parents.

 

“This must be his…” She looked up and walked fast out of the bus.

 

“Yah! Ahjussi! Yah Ahjussi!” She yelled, trying to find the boy,
But he wasn’t there, probably left already.

 

“Yah…. What am I going to do with this….” She mumbled,

Then again, they went to the same school, so she’ll encounter him again.