Chapter 2

The painful love that freed my soul

 

“Yah! Wake up L!” Sungyeol yelled, tossing his large, weird plush toy at him,
Myungsoo woke up from a sore deep sleep, he could barely move, his last practice was pretty hard on him, he pushed himself harder than he usually did.

 

Myungsoo got up from his top bunk bed and hit his head on the ceiling,
“Augh! I have to remember to stop doing that!” Myungsoo mumbled as he rubbed his head.

 

“Yah Myungsoo, you’re going to be late for school.” Sungyeol said,

 

“Ugh, fine, fine.” Myungsoo said getting his gym bag and bag pack,
Myungsoo walked to the bathroom, half asleep, and went to brush his teeth and wash up.

 

“Yah L.” Sungyeol said, grabbing his things.

 

“What do you want Chaedong?”

 

“Yah… Still calling me that?
Anyway, I can’t give you rides anymore.”

 

“Bwoh? Wae!?" Myungsoo asked, spitting toothpaste foam at Sungyeol,

 

“Say it not spray it….” Sungyeol mumbled,

 

“Yah! Why? I hate walking up all the way here!”

 

“Don’t worry Myungsoo, my grandpa is best friends with the driver, you’re getting a free ride.”

 

“That’s not the point retard!”

 

“Yah! I have to extend my hours to pay for the bills in here!
And since you pay our rent late, I have to make some sacrifices!”
Sungyeol shouted,

 

“Aish…. Fine, such a bother….” Myungsoo said and then spitting out his toothpaste on the sink.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“Are you ready yet?” In Ha’s dad asked as In Ha was putting on her normal shoes.

 

“Ugh…. I can’t believe you’re making me wear this….” In Ha whined,

 

“Your teacher called and complained how you wore flashy clothing around campus instead of your uniform, but since you’re new to the whole common school thing, you’re lucky she’s not suspending you.”

 

“Appa! This outfit is a fashion disaster! And how dare you make me wear shoes that normal people wear…. Converse…. Ugh, make me sick….”

 

“I think you look beautiful no matter what, you’re Appa’s beautiful princess remember, don’t let anyone tell you different.”

 

“Well I can’t argue with that~” In Ha smiled and grabbed her father’s arm and left the house, leaving for school and work.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Myungsoo emerged out of the bus and walked towards the front of his school,
While In Ha’s dad’s car just parked beside the bus and In Ha came out,
            “Appa! I’m leaving! Work hard today!” In Ha smiled,

            “Ah Neh~ Now go and get A’s! Make Appa proud!” Her dad smiled, waving, In Ha smiled and walked off, waving.

 

“Bye Appa! Saranghae!” She smiled

 

Her dad drove off and left. She smiled and walked in the entrance of school,
“Bye Appa~” How stupid…. One of the Queenkas in school mocked her.
She pretended she didn’t hear anything and proceeded to walk.
In Ha didn’t like drama or fights, since she saw it a lot with other girls on sitcoms she watched.

            Her dad always told her to stay out of trouble and just work hard and study for school. Not waste time.

 

            In Ha then looked up and saw Myungsoo, the boy she saw at the bus. She could recognize any gorgeous face from far away. He seemed to be in a hurry and ran into the school, taking out his boxing gloves.

 

            In Ha tilted her hear and looked at him with curiosity,
“Why’s he in such a hurry? Is he a boxer?” In Ha said to herself.
She took out of the picture he dropped from the bus yesterday out of her skirt pocket, “When should I give this to him….. Hm, maybe he’ll be taking the bus today. I’ll give it to him then.” She said to herself.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

“Left! Right! Left! Right!” Myungsoo’s coach yelled at him,
Myungsoo was punching the glove pads as he was focused on the opponent’s weak spot,

 

“That’s it Myungsoo! More force!” His coach yelled,

 

Myungsoo decided to end it with a last punch and even made his coach slide away,

 

“Wah! You’re getting more like a professional everyday!” His coach commented,

 

“Thanks…..” Myungsoo said out of breath and chugging down his entire water down.

 

“You be like that in next month’s champion, we’ll bound to make it even to nationals!” His coach said, patting his back.

 

“Ah Neh…..Don’t worry coach, I got this.” Myungsoo smiled.

 

“ Great, bell’s going to ring for first period, get changed and hurry to class.”

 

“Alright.” He nodded and wiped off a trickle of sweat, His coach walked out of the boxing room and it was Myungsoo left in the room.

 

Myungsoo decided to change out of his sweaty gym clothes and went to the locker room to change. He walked in and went to his gym locker and changed,
All Myungsoo could think of now was the big game ahead of him, the entire school was going to be there for his game, it was probably the biggest game for the whole school, people made a big deal out of it and even made posters all around school, cheering for Myungsoo’s victory in the game, and even his teachers didn’t give him some assigned projects so he would focus on the game.

            Myungsoo sat on the bench and put oh his school uniform, when all of a sudden, something fell out of his gym bag. Myungsoo looked at it and saw it was his necklace. The necklace his girlfriend gave him before the day of the huge tournament last year.

 

FLASHBACK

 

“Alright Myungsoo! You got this!” His past coach smiled,

 

“Neh, I’m ready for the big game coach!” Myungsoo jumped,

 

“Don’t exhaust yourself kid, rest and eat a lot tonight! Tomorrows a big day and I don’t want you tired on me!” His coach grinned, patting his back.

 

“Course, I’m ready for it!” Myungsoo nodded.

 

“Alright, lock before you leave, I have a teacher meeting.”

 

“Got it coach.” Myungsoo said.

 

He heard hs coach walk off and the door later closed in. Myungsoo was left alone, till he heard a familiar voice,

 

“Excited now are we?”  Myungsoo’s girlfriend, Dong Hee smiled,

 

“Dong Hee!” Myungsoo smiled and walked up to her, planting her a kiss on the cheek,

 

“Hey! I’m so excited for your game! You’re totally going to win Myungsoo!”
Dong Hee smiled,

 

“I better, especially with my girlfriend in the front row, cheering me on!”

 

“ You got that right! I’ll be the loudest in the entire audience, yelling your name!”

 

Myungsoo smiled and lifted her up, twirling her around,
“Yah! Myungsoo~ Put me down!” She whined as he spun even faster.

 

Myungsoo then stopped and embraced her,
“Gosh…. I’m so lucky to have you Dong Hee….. What would my life be without you?” Myungsoo asked.

 

“You’d be forever alone and die alone~”

 

The couple laughed and Dong Hee paused,
“Ah, I have something for you!” Dong Hee smiled,

 

“Oh?” Myungsoo asked,

 

Dong Hee took out something out of her purse,
in search of her gift. She then took out the gift that was in a small box, wrapped.

 

“ Augh….. Buying me gifts again?”

 

“I made this for you Myungsoo! Take it!” She smiled.

 

“Araso!” Myungsoo received the gift,
“Can I open it?”

 

“Yes! I wanna see your face!”

Myngsoo quickly opened the gift and found a neckalace, it was a necklace with an infinite sign.

            “Wah! You made this?”

 

“Neh! Pretty neat huh? I made an infinity sign, because that’s how long my love will go on for you.”

 

“Wah! This is beautuiful! I’m so luck I have you Dong Hee.”

 

“We’ll always be together Myungsoo.” Dong Hee stated,
She tip toed and planted him a tender kiss on the lips.
He slowly closed his eyes and pulled her closer. When they
finally parted lips, Dong Hee laughed at Myungsoo’s red cheeks and held his hand.

“Let’s go! I wanna eat!”

 

“Anything for you Dong Hee~”

 

 

END OF FLASH BACK

 

 

A tear slid out of Myungsoo’s eye, he sighed and stared at the beautiful gift Dong Hee made for him a year ago when she was his, but it was all in the past. Dong Hee left him already, but he couldn’t seem to leave Dong Hee.