CHAPTER 4: NO MORE WALLS

Then, Now and Forever

The absence of Baekhee not only created a whole new level of crankiness for Chanyeol but it was driving Jongin and Sehun crazy because Chanyeol refuses to speak or eat or play video games or go clubbing with them. He’s been real cranky and it’s driving his friends to jump into the Han river.

‘He is sick! He needs to go the hospital! How can he reject burgers?! He’s not human!’, Jongin cried when Chanyeol said burgers in front of him. (Jongin is known as the burger king in campus)

That night…

‘Come on! You’re acting like a child!’, Jongin rants.

‘Yeah, man! Let’s go clubbing tonight! I can’t let you affect my weekly routine because of your tantrum!’, Sehun continued. He’s extremely pissed when he didn’t visit the club last week and he didn’t manage to get the cute bartender’s (Luhan) number.

Chanyeol let out a muffled grunt, his head buried into his pillow. The two stared at the pathetic figure lying on the bed.

‘You are going with us!’, Jongin pulled Chanyeol’s leg causing him to fall flat on his face and Sehun who couldn’t give a damn anymore dragged his friend.

‘AISH! I’M NOT GOING!’, Chanyeol hugged the leg of the bed.

After an hour of convincing Chanyeol to go the club, miraculously, Chanyeol was dressed up in a denim shirt and tight ripped jeans.

‘What the hell you idiots, how can you walk or breathe in this thing?!’, Chanyeol hissed.

‘Oh, shut up. That’s called style. You can’t expect to show up in this awesome club with a graphic tee and baggy jeans. They’ll kick you out.’, Sehun deadpanned.

‘This is not fashion. This is a disaster.’

‘You are a disaster.’, Chanyeol was about to slap Sehun in the head until Jongin pulled him into a headlock.

‘Enjoy your time here, Chanyeol. Just don’t think about anything and drink to your heart’s content.’, Jongin ruffled Chanyeol’s hair.

‘AISH!’, Chanyeol pushed Jongin away and continued ‘Why am I friends with you two?!’

‘Because you have no one but us. Now shut up.’, Sehun showed the passes to the buff bouncer standing at the entrance. Chanyeol’s mouth hung open when he saw the tattoos on the bouncer’s muscular arm. I am walking into hell.

Chanyeol was greeted by the blinding neon lights from the stage and the booming loud song from the speakers.

‘Now, listen. We’ll meet up at the entrance at 2am alright? Now, excuse me because I have business to do.’, Sehun’s eye sparkled when his eyes met with the eyes of a bartender with brown long hair at the cocktail counter and went off.

Jongin and Chanyeol’s eyes followed Sehun and they saw him smiling flirtatiously at the female bartender. He then whispered into her ear, causing her to giggle.

‘Is that Luhan?’, Chanyeol asked and Jongin nodded.

‘Remember, 2am.’, Jongin left Chanyeol before he could say anything and Chanyeol couldn’t have felt more betrayed than ever.

Chanyeol stood there, dumbfounded and quickly scrammed to the sides when he saw a couple making out in front of him.

‘Stupid friends.’, Chanyeol muttered under his breath and head to the bar.

The bartender showed him the menu and Chanyeol ordered a ‘Tiffany Bleu’ because it sounded nice and he had no idea what liquid was served to him.

He took out his phone and went through his gallery. Pictures of him and Baekhee. He felt his chest tightened when he saw pictures of Baekhee smiling.

Back at Baekhee’s apartment…

Baekhee came back that evening to her apartment. She finally found the courage to face Chanyeol and talk to him. Unfortunately, Chanyeol was nowhere to be seen.

She was writing her literature report but her mind was thinking about Chanyeol. She didn’t see his shoes when she checked Chanyeol’s door, again, at 10pm. Where is he? Should I call him? It’s 12:45am now.

She took her phone and swiped the screen. A picture of Chanyeol and her at the amusement park, posing a ‘V’ sign with cotton candy on the other hand appeared. Baekhee stared at her wallpaper and thought of her conversation with Kyungsoo last night.

 

‘Why are you so afraid what will happen in the future? No one can predict the future, Baek.’

‘I know but I just don’t want to lose him if something goes wrong in our relationship.’, Baekhee mumbled weakly.

‘Listen, Baekhee. Every relationship have its ups and downs. There is no relationship in this world that are all rainbows and cotton candies. There will be a period where a couple will fight and they become stronger after overcoming the hurdles and strong waves together. That’s when a relationship becomes more loving, true and stronger. You overcome things together and since you two love each other so much, I don’t think Chanyeol or you would give up on each other.’, Kyungsoo said.

‘But what if we do give up on each other?’, Baekhee half-whispered as tears flowed down her cheeks.

‘Oh, Baek. You two like each other so much that I could puke.’, Kyungsoo pulled her into a hug.

Baekhee giggled and Kyungsoo continued ‘I’m confident that your relationship will work out, Baek. You can do this, girl!’, patting Baekhee’s back.

 

She scrolled through her contacts and paused at Chanyeol’s. She was about to call him when her phone rang and saw Chanyeol’s name on the screen. Baekhee was taken aback and she quickly calmed herself before answering his call. Calm down.

‘Hey…uh,yes…WHAT?!’

Baekhee stared at her watch. 1:30am. What on earth is he doing at this place?!

She entered the club and she gritted her teeth when she saw drunkards outside the club. She entered the club and saw a couple making out at the entrance. The male’s back was facing her and somehow, that figure seemed so familiar that she kept looking at them, until the female opened her eyes, sensing someone was eyeing them, and made eye contact with Baekhee. Feeling embarrassed, Baekhee quickly looked away and quickened her pace. She made her way to the bar counter and saw an unconscious Chanyeol.

‘You must be Baekhee. I pressed the speed dial and it was your name. He was knocked out after one glass.’, the bartender said.

Baekhee thanked him and pulled Chanyeol up and placed his arms around her and her other arm around Chanyeol’s waist to support his weight. The bartender offered to help her carry him and he was kind enough to call them a taxi. Baekhee thanked him numerous times before getting into the taxi.

She turned to Chanyeol. If he was conscious, Baekhee would’ve nagged him till his ears fall off. You are so in deep trouble, mister.

‘AISH, PARK CHANYEOL! STOP SLIPPING! I CAN’T REACH MY KEY!’, Baekhee stuffed her hands into her pocket, trying to find her key. She dropped Chanyeol on the ground because her arms couldn’t take it anymore. Her arms were numb.

After finding her key, she dragged Chanyeol and after a few hustles, she managed to put Chanyeol on her bed.

She sighed as she looked at the sleeping figure. She couldn’t help but to notice those dark circles around his eyes and how small his face had gotten. Aren’t you eating properly, Yeol?

The next morning…

Chanyeol let out a grunt when he heard his alarm. He got up, eyes still closed and reached for his phone. He tried to find it and kept patting his surroundings until he touched something soft. He caressed it. I don’t remember my phone being soft?

He slowly opened his eyes and saw a head with black long hair at the side of his bed.

‘AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!’

Chanyeol shrieked and tried to get off the bed. His landed on the ground with a loud thud and his lanky legs were on the bed. He was sandwiched between the wall and the bed. A rather funny position. T-This isn’t my bed! Where am I?

‘Oh my god, Yeol! Are you okay?’

Chanyeol's mouth hung wide open. B-B-Baekhee???

‘Yeol, are you okay?’, Baekhee asked again, concern in her eyes and voice.

‘Uhh, yeah. I-I’m fine.’, he tried to get up but he was stuck.

‘Hold on, I’ll…uh…help you.’, Baekhee crawled on her bed and pulled Chanyeol up with all her might. At the end, Chanyeol pushed his back against the wall forcefully to help him get on the bed again and he might have exert too much of force because he bumped into Baekhee and fell on top of her.

A wide-eyed and pink-faced Baekhee stared at a flustered-looking Chanyeol. Baekhee cleared and Chanyeol quickly got off and sat at the side of the bed.

‘I-I’ll get some honey lemon for you. F-For your hangover.’, Baekhee made awkward hand gestures and walked to the kitchen.

‘O-Oh…’, Chanyeol nodded awkwardly. Damn.

After a few minutes, Baekhee came out with a cup of warm honey lemon and handed it to Chanyeol, whom thanked her in a soft voice.

Baekhee sat beside Chanyeol, looking at him drinking in silence.

‘So, you go to the club when you’re upset?’, she broke the silence between them causing Chanyeol to choke on his drink.

Chanyeol coughed so badly until his face turned red and Baekhee patted his back.

‘N-NO…NO…I DON’T*cough*…SEHUN AND JONGIN DRAGGED*cough*ME I SWEAR*cough* BAEK I DIDN’T!’, Chanyeol defended himself between the coughs. He didn’t want Baekhee to think that he’s a crazy club addict like his friends.

Baekhee gestured him to finish his drink.

‘Thanks and Baek, I swear didn’t go there-‘

Baekhee kissed him on the lips for a brief moment before pulling away.

Chanyeol blinked for a few times, a blank look on his face. ‘W-What was that?’

Baekhee then cupped Chanyeol’s face and said in a low voice ‘You’re gonna hear this once so listen carefully, okay?’

She took in a deep breath and looked at Chanyeol in the eye.

‘I like you too, Yeol. I like it when you wish me good morning and goodnight, I like it when you give me caramel macchiato to energize myself, I like it when we walk to school together, I like it when we go for impromptu picnics in the park, I like it when you offer me your jacket when we do our assignments in the library. I like all these little things and gestures and I like it even more when you do it. I took you for granted, Yeol. I shouldn’t have built walls between us and shutting you away from me. And, I feel like a guy doing this but that doesn’t matter because you mean the world to me and I don’t mind doing for you. So, let’s date. Officially. Now.’

That’s it. She did it. She confessed. Baekhee was so damn proud of herself and she gave Chanyeol an eye-blinding smile.

Her smile fell when Chanyeol took way too long to react.

‘Yeol?’, Baekhee waved her hands in front of his face. She bit her lips. Was I too direct? Aish…Maybe I should’ve-

‘So, you like me too?’, Chanyeol asked, a goofy smile on his face.

‘That’s what I just-umph’

Chanyeol pushed Baekhee and pinned her on down bed and kissed her and Baekhee naturally looped her arms around Chanyeol’s neck, pulling him nearer and deepening the kiss. Lips molding perfectly together and Baekhee let out a shy moan when Chanyeol’s hand travelled downwards, his thumb rubbing small circles on her stomach.

The kiss broke and Chanyeol laid beside Baekhee, both gasping for air.

‘You know, I could get used to this.’, Baekhee turned to face Chanyeol.

‘You’re a good kisser, Baek. I still want more.’, Chanyeol pressed his lips on hers and Baekhee smiled into the kiss. Chanyeol playfully bit her lower lip and Baekhee giggled.

She pushed Chanyeol up and sat up straight. Chanyeol cupped Baekhee’s face and caressed her cheeks with his thumb.

'Back then in high school till today in university, my feelings have never once changed.', Chanyeol confessed. 'And it shall never change.'

Baekhee hugged Chanyeol and whispered into Chanyeol's ear, 'Thank you for not giving up on me.'

 

 

 

 

 

 


The next chapter will be the last chapter. Thank you dear subscribers and silent readers! Do comment and subscribe thank you!^^