Chapter #2

Valentine's Mission

 

"Really, really nothing?" Jaemin has been following her classmate, Eunha for ten minutes or so now. Knowing that, their Math teacher will come late as usual, she decided on asking Eunha for her wisdom. 

Eunha was known to be a successful matchmaker on school. She was matchmaking their friends with boys outside their school for several times. Her ratio of success is something near 98%. The two percents would be if the friends are too picky or totally helpless. 

"I told you," Eunha sits on her chair, "I really have no one to match you with," 

Jaemin bites her bottom lip unconsciously. "Ah, why?" she whines, "Am I really bad?" 

Eunha looks at the girl who stands beside her desk and scans her from head to toe. 

"Honestly," Eunha says, "You're not bad, Shim Jaemin," 

Jaemin's eyes sparks with a fire upon hearing that. "Then why can't you matchmaking me?" she sits on the chair in front of Eunha's desk, pushing the owner away from her chair. 

"It's not that I don't want to," Eunha spills, "But I don't really have anyone to introduce you with. I am out of stock right now," 

"Aaah, how come on earth when I ask you, you suddenly go out of stock. Last month, you were busy to find Kim Sohye a boyfriend," 

Eunha gulps. The mentioned girl turns to them but Jaemin just clears , pretending she was talking about someone else. When she turns away, Eunha leans forward to Jaemin's side. 

"Psst, I gave her the last stock I have and I tell you it's not really good as it seems," Eunha says, rather honestly to Jaemin. 

Jaemin bulges her eyes out and Eunha nods her head with eyes that seems like saying 'Trust me, it's bad' 

Jaemin bobs her head upside down but then she shakes her head, "Even so!" she hits Eunha's desk with her palm and now that entire class throw their faces at them. 

Eunha glares at Jaemin and Jaemin says her apology lowly at her. She cheekily says that it was nothing at all to her class and once they already are ignoring them, she turns to Eunha again. 

"I really need someone to go out with. I don't care how bad he is. As long as he's good looking with fancy choices on clothes and smells good, I can go with it," she explains, "But I can't tolerate cigarette smells, so please find me a non-smoker one with minty breath," she smiles widely at Eunha. 

Eunha only rolls her eyes. 

"I really am not picky. I don't care what color is his head or how many piercings he has. I wouldn't care if he has tattoo all over his arms and also if he's beating someone to get money and buying his lunch," 

"Yah, do you think I'm low-grade matchmaker?" Eunha protests, "I will not matchmaking our girls to gangster or something like that. I choose carefully for my clients," 

Jaemin pouts, "Then find one for me, too," 

Eunha sighs, "I hate to reject work offers, really, really. But I really have no one right now, Jaemin-ah. All good boys I knew already have girlfriend. And I strongly forbide cheating," she gives Jaemin a firm look. 

Jaemin purses her lips tight and thinks about something. "It's not true though. I know a perfectly good guy and I swear he's single since he was born," Jaemin mutters to herself. 

Eunha looks at her, absolutely is clueless. "Then.. Why don't you go out with him?" she stupidly asks. 

Jaemin bugs her eyes out, "NO!! I would never go out with him," she strongly denies. "I don't need someone like him. He's probably the worst guy to go out with," 

"But you just said, he is good," Eunha reminds her and Jaemin shakes her head. 

"No, I was wrong. I'll take it back," Jaemin says, "He's the worst guy I ever know and that is why I swear, he is single since he was born," Jaemin gives Eunha an assurance look on her face, convincing her with her fiery eyes. 

"O-okay," Eunha awkwardly replies, "I believe in you," 

Jaemin smiles at her, "Then can you find someone for me? I really need it. I need to prove the worst guy that he was wrong," 

"About what?" Eunha raises an eyebrow. 

"That I will be the last person someone would ask for a date," Jaemin confesses. 

Eunha gasps out loud. "Shut up," she says. 

Jaemin nods at her, protruding her lower lips in petulent face.

Eunha stares at her and her heart starts to melt for that poor little creature.

"No one has right to said so, even if you're the ugliest person in the world, which is not," Eunha says.

Jaemin begins to smile at her and Eunha returns it. She takes Jaemin's hands and says, "I will make sure that guy will pay for what he has said. No matter what, never let someone looks down on you," 

"I, Jung Eunha, myself, the cupid angel, will be your fairy god mother from now on. I'll help you to prove that this guy is really wrong on his words," 

"Really?" Jaemin repeats to make sure she didn't just misheard it. 

Eunha nods, "Yes, sweety cupcake. I'll find someone for you in no time soon," 

"AHHHHH!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU JUNG EUNHA, REALLY, REALLY, LOVE YOU, REALLY, SO MUCH," Jaemin squeezes her friend's hand tight while screaming out her lungs. Eunha just laughs at her childish comments. 

"Yah!" Jaemin stands up from her seat, "I will have boyfriend for the first time of my life," she announces proudly to the class but her classmates only gape at her. 

Jaemin could only ignore them. Her mind is already full of anticipation of having boyfriend. Finally. 

"I'll have a boyfriend, I'll have a boyfriend, I'll have a boyfriend, I'll have a boyfriend.." Jaemin loudly cheers while dorky-dancing to her own song. She probably is out of her mind already. 

"Ehem," suddenly a voice of person clearing throat appears but Jaemin is too busy to listen it. 

While everyone is running to their own places, Jaemin still moves her feet here and there while shaking her body right and left. 

"MISS SHIM JAEMIN?" it's the voice of Mrs Lee, their Math teacher and Jaemin is startled by it. 

She turns over to look at the teacher desk, "Mrs Lee, you're here?" Jaemin foolishly asks. 

Her teacher scoffs right away, "Yes, I am, Miss Shim. Now that if you are not busy anymore to announcing your dating issues which is..NOT important, please sit down on your seat and we'll have the class start," 

"Yes, Mrs Lee," she replies. Jaemin is sure that her face already turn red like a tomato by the time she walk to her desk while her classmates is holding their laugh, at least, from Mrs Lee. 

She shyly looks at Mrs Lee and reserves on her seat. Not a long time after that, Mrs Lee begins her lesson and the class turns into serious mode. 

Jaemin sneakily glances at Eunha when she heard her calling her name silently. 

"Psst," Eunha points out at something below her desk. Jaemin isn't understand at first but when she realizes that Eunha was trying to tell about her phone in her drawer, Jaemin turns to look at her own phone. 

She carefully turns it on inside the drawer. 

Instead of a text, she got a multichat invitation from Eunha. She accepts it right away. 


First attempt. 
Group Blind date this Saturday. 
Subject : 
Jeon Somi, Kang Yerim, Shim Jaemin, Park Eunha.
Target :
Students from AA Vocational School


Jaemin nearly screams in happiness again but she is thinking on her right mind to not to. 

She looks at Eunha and Eunha stares at her dumbfounded-ly.

Jaemin throws last glance to Mrs Lee who was writing something on the board. When she is sure the situation is save, she looks at Eunha again. 

She mouthed an inaudible gratitude to Eunha and Eunha who easily reads , just smiles at her. Jaemin doesn't stop at that. She makes a big heart shape with both of her hand on the top of her head. She mouthed 'Saranghaeyo' to emphasizes. Eunha laughs silently at her. 

"Miss Shim," Mrs Lee calls out for her name again and her classmates turns at her direction. 
She is caught red-handed by the teacher and class. 

Jaemin dryly laughs at her foolish act, "Saranghae, Mrs Lee?" she turns to give the big heart to her teacher.

While her class begins to laugh at her once again, Mrs Lee just shakes her head and scold her right away. But Shim Jaemin doesn't care. Even if the whole world laughs at her, she wants them to see that she is the happiest person at the moment. 

 

 

"Oh, Shim Jaemin, you're home?" Sehun catches the glimpse of girl figure and he suspects it's Shim Jaemin. 

Jaemin turns back to see the person and she hates to know that it was actually the last person she wants to meet for now. 

"Yah, Oh Sehun, what are you doing at my place?" Jaemin walks inside the room to clearly see Oh Sehun was sitting there, on the dining room, on her dining spot. 

"Move away, it's my place," she reminds Sehun. 

Her mother comes from the kitchen with a bowl of dak baechu guk (Korean's chicken soup). 

"How rude, Shim Jaemin," her mother complains, "Go change yourself and wash your hands first. Sehun is going to have a dinner here. There is no one in the house," she puts down the soup and Sehun's hair in full adoration. 

"Aigoo, how handsome is Our Sehunnie," her mom cooes like he was a baby. Sehun smiles at her right away, trying to be cute.

Jaemin scoffs and decides to walk to her bedroom first. 

She places her backpack down to the floor beside her desk ans sit on the corner of her bed. She undoes her socks first before she untie her hair and start ing her uniform. 

"So, have you find a boyfriend yet?" 

Sehun's voice is surprising Jaemin. 

She looks at her door which she left open just like usual. She never really close it because her room is the farthest at the hallway. 

"Yah, you startled me," Jaemin says, walking to the side of her door and push it further to block the view from outside but not fully close it. 

Sehun actually knew her habit so he was standing backsiding the room on the wall. He doesn't have any intention to peek at her while she's changing. 

"Answer me, have you or have you not?" Sehun ignores her complain and repeats his question.

Jaemin laughs heartily, "Why? Are you scared that I'm going to win, Oh Sehun?" by the time Sehun was talking, she already undid her full attire. 

She places her dirty clothes on the basket and walks to her closet to find clothes.

"Just so you know, Oh Sehun, my time will definitely rise," she slips the shirt over her head, "My friend is going to find a decent guy for me," she informs. 

It suddenly turns silence and Jaemin notices she was probably talking to the wall instead. She wears her pants and when she is done, she opens the door to walks outside, only to find a figure was still standing there on the hallway. 

"Ah, you scared me," Jaemin is startled, "Yah! I thought you were left already," she feels the urge to shout at Sehun. 

Sehun blankly stares at him. "Your friend who? Your schoolmate?" he asks, arrogantly put his hands cross over his chest while leaning on the wall. 

Jaemin promptly nods, appears proud on herself. 

"Tsk, you really are helpless, I see," Sehun smirks. "You even need a help from your friend to find you a boyfriend. Are you not confident at yourself, huh?" 

Jaemin doesn't expect him to say that for sure. He caught her off guard. 

"N-no," her forehead crinkles, she bites her bottom lips unconsciously, "I am fine and confident of myself completely, but having a helping hand is not wrong, too," 

"You know that I'm going to girl school and I rarely meet new guys so I've been thinking on asking my friend instead," Jaemin explains. 

Sehun nods at her albeit he isn't satisfied yet. 

"Just see if I finally meet a good guy," Jaemin says, "I'll make sure he is 180 degrees different from you," 

Sehun glares at her, "That's right. Let's see if you can find one who looks exactly different from me and wait until you cry to me in the end," Sehun snorts. 

"Just shut up. I don't think you know what are you talking about," Jaemin says, passing him by through the hallway. 

"Ah," she turns around once again, "I'll let you be the first person to know this," Jaemin softly says. 

"What?" 

"I'll meet the guy this Saturday," she informs. 

Sehun's eyes grow wider immediately. "This Saturday?" he asks.

Jaemin nods and smiles sweetly at him. Before he could ask more, Jaemin already turns her heel around to walk back to the dining room. 

She doesn't just go without letting her evil laugh echoes on the hallway once again. 

Sehun starts to feel irritated by it. Noticing he cannot do anything about her annoying laugh, he kicks on the wall and hurt his leg instead. 

Jaemin doesn't let this off from her guard and laughs even more when she understands the situation. 

"Aishh..," Sehun curses under his breath, "That girl is really.."