Chapter #3

Valentine's Mission

The awaiting Saturday for Jaemin is finally come. She was already preparing for her first blind date meeting for a while from Eunha. She even asked for more cash from her mom to buy new dress and a pair shoes that will definitely compliment it. It was actually Jaemin's personal most favorite part. It was blue-suede shoe with single strap and simple chunky heels. Jaemin even thought even if the blind date is going to be a total disaster in the end, she will not regret because at least, she found a reason to buy this shoes. 

Jaemin is off to Eunha's house early in the morning. Eunha promised to help her with make up and hair do. Even though Jaemin is confident enough with her casual look, Eunha assured her that it never wrong to go bolder than usual sometimes. Beside, it lures guy easier than any other way. 

Sehun is completely clueless because Jaemin was keep this blind date for herself even if he was plestering her every hour, minutes, and seconds in his life. And then, when he found out that Jaemin isn't in her bed although it was just 08.00 a.m. in the morning, he finally realizes that Jaemin isn't playing with her words. And slowly but sure, this fact starts to creep him out. 

"Oh my, my, isn't that the same girl who was crying whole night just because she was touched by a guy in 7th grade?" Sehun thinks to himself while looking at the picture of Jaemin on her desk. 

"Are you okay, Jaemin?" Eunha asks, just to make sure of her condition because since the seconds they arrived at the place, Jaemin's face turned pale right away and she was very quiet despite her bright side in daily life. 

"H-huh, y-yes, I'm fine," Jaemin replies and she is surprised by herself that she is stattering. 

The other girl, Somi and Yerim, looks at her in ridiculously way. Jaemin is totally nervous, they could tell. 

"Don't forget to breath, Jaemin. Relax, you won't enjoy it if you don't relax," Eunha reminds her the basic rule of first meeting. Jaemin only nods at her, blankly stares at her own shoes. 

'Look at those shoes, Jaemin. Isn't it pretty? You're eveb prettier than that', she keeps telling on herself. Somehow her shoes becomes her lucky charm for the day. She feels the strength as soon as her eyes land on it. 

A moment later, Jaemin feels a nudge on her arm. She abruptly lifts her head up and straighten her sit position. 

"Hey, are you guys from SS Girl Academy?" a young boy around their age asks, standing right in front of their table. 

Eunha is the first one who stands amongst them and greets the boy, "Yes, we are. I guess you're from AA Vocational School, right? I was the one who arranged this. My name is Jung Eunha," she says. 

"Ah, then I was talking to you before. I'm Kim Doyoung. I remember your profile picture," that boy with orange colored hair says. 

As Eunha starts to shake hands with Kim Doyoung, his other friends come to stand beside him. 

"Well, this is my friend, from my left side, Jeon Somi, Kim Yerim," Eunha says as Somi and Yeri waves to the boys, "And right here, is Shim Jaemin," 

"Hello," Jaemin softly says, she doesn't dare to look at their eyes but nods a little bow to them. 

The boys smile or bow back before Doyoung introduces them. 

"So these are also my friends. Mark Lee, Kim Mingyu, and Jeon Wonwoo," he says. 

Each of them greets formally to the girls before they finally decides to pick their seat. They sits across to each other. 

Before they continues to talk, they agrees to order food to eat while they converse to each other later. 

Jaemin sits uneasily and she has a mixed feeling inside her stomach, thanks to the nervous-ness. 

The guy who sits in the opposite of her doesn't help the situation. He has an intimidating gazes that Jaemin is afraid to look at directly. He has single eyelid and he covers them with classic round glasses. His hair neatly arranged and the black color suits the short haircut. He wears bright yellow sweater yet he still somehow seems cold to Jaemin. 

Jaemin cannot count how many times she should gulp while trying to find words to initiate the conversation. The others seem has no problem and Jaemin could only stares at them enviously. 

Her forehead crinkles and she doesn't know how she suddenly sigh desperately. But she does hear when the boy in front of her silently chuckles. 

She looks at him with puzzled expression. 

He greets her with a smile. "What..is your name? I'm sorry I wasn't paying attention before," he says. 

"Oh, S-Shim," Jaemin stupidly makes mistakes. 

"Shim?" 

"Ah, no. I mean, my name's Shim. Jaemin. Shim Jaemin," she replies. 

The guy nods at her. "Shim Jaemin ssi. My name is Jeon Wonwoo," he tells while offering his hand, "Handshake?"

"N-nice to meet you, Jeon Wonwoo ssi," Jaemin greets back while handshakes him. 

"Is this your first time?" Wonwoo asks again and Jaemin promptly nods. 

"I see. This is my first time, too. I am nervous as well," he says, "So I was just quietly staring at you before," 

"Just be comfortable to each other first," he suggests. He sends another smile and for the first time in that day, Jaemin could calm herself down. It was something in his deep voice that sounds so earnest. 

Jaemin shyly nods at him to declare her agreement. They starts to join the conversation with another pairs and although being the quietest part of them, Jaemin seems to enjoy the group meeting. The boys from vocational school are actually good. They are so bright and noisy just like any other boys but also seems so kind and adorable at the same time. 

Jaemin is a talkative one but when around people she barely knows, she somehow is being inferior. She pays good attention while other speaks and silently she follows their story whatever it is. She manages to join the conversation if one of them ask her but just continues to eat and listen when they don't. 

"Yah, Shim Jaemin. I thought you're so quiet today. But I guess you're just enjoying the food, aren't you?" Kim Doyoung who sits beside Wonwoo teases her. 

Jaemin gasps in embarassment. She is indeed was having the tempura in . "No, it's not," she denies.

She actually doesn't know what to do so whenever the other talks, she keeps on stuffing with anything. 

"Yes, it's right. I watched her motive as well," Mark Lee adds and the rest of them laughs at her. Jaemin drops her chopstick and quickly swallows her food. 

She whines and nags at them, saying that she isn't greedy for food or something, but they keep on playing with her. In the end, to cut it short, Jaemin finally agrees on whatever they call her. Neither Doyoung or Mark is being serious anyway. They are just teasing Jaemin for fun. And their game is success to be honest. After that, the conversation runs smoother than before. Jaemin feels more comfortable and she even starts to speak up mpre confidently after that. It feels like she was being surrounded by her old friends. 

After having the lunch, they decide to continue the group date to nearest karaoke place. 

The eight of them walks together without any awkwardness. They get a long so easily and well with each other. The youth spirit that full of playfullness within brought them together and none of them is hard to going with. 

They hold a singing duet competition and choose the partner randomly. Somi shouts for Mingyu excitedly first and Doyoung choses Eunha to go sing with. Jaemin doesn't expect anyone to shout her name and neither she wants special someone so she lets Yeri to pick her own choice. Surprisingly, Yeri goes for Mark and she left with no other but Wonwoo again. They will be the last to go.

"Guess we'll be partner until the end of the day," Wonwoo jokes and Jaemin nods as she couldn't agree more.

"Are you good at singing?" Wonwoo asks. Jaemin timidly shakes her head. She actually is terrible with notes and following music to sing. No wonder going to karaoke is always more like having fun for her before, especially with Sehun. Those two makes the easiest song sounds terrible but in the contrary makes the worst sounds exciting. 

"Ah, I see. Let's don't think about winning the battle. Just do it for fun," Wonwoo says, "Should we choose the song together?" 

Jaemin nods at him, "Sure," she says, "I'll search at my phone first," 

Wonwoo sits patiently and watch as the other performs while Jaemin looks for the song in the list of her phone. 

She has no idea of what kind of voice will come from Wonwoo's mouth but she thinks he probably has talent because he doesn't look nervous like her. And though he has deep voice just like Sehun, his laugh is a whole lot better than Sehun. Sehun's was annoying, like spongebob.

'Aish. Shim Jaemin. What does it have something to do with Sehun? You don't have to think about him now' she mentally thinks as she realizes she was bringing up Sehun to her mind. 

By the time, Eunha and Doyoung finish their performance. They choose Love Day by Eunji ft Yoseob. Somi and Mingyu are up next to perform. As expected they choose for a song like Some from Soyou ft Junggigo. They finish the song easily and even dance sweetly with each other. Somi and Mingyu are actually the most assuring partner to happen soon. They look good together with similar body proportion and stuff. Eunha and Doyoung are more likely the matchmaker couple. They are just there for having fun. 

Jaemin awkwardly feels nervous. She never really think everyone would do pretty well with their performance. Yeri and Mark are already standing in the front. They steal playful glances at each other before start and when the music starts, they surprisingly do a good job too with Ordinary Love by Park Kyung ft Park Boram. Jaemin is totally clueless of her own friends ability to sing. 

She unconsciously bites her bottom lips hesitantly but Wonwoo who sees that she's being nervous again, gives an assurance that she doesn't have to think anything about win or lose. 

"We'll do it for fun," he says. 

Jaemin smiles bitterly at him. Although that Wonwoo seems not feel burdensome, she actually does. She couldn't imagine how would he react when he hear she sings later. 

"Woaahhh!!" others are cheering and clapping for Mark and Yeri after they finish the song. They comes back to sit when the screen shows their score is 88 which makes them into the second place now. Somi and Mingyu makes 91, tied with Eunha and Doyoung. 

"Now, our last couple for today. Wonwoo and Jaemin," Doyoung who takes a role as MC introduces them to stand up so they do. 

Jaemin isn't really prepared with the song but since Wonwoo says he'll help her get trough this, she will just going to put everything on her luck. 

The familiar music comes as intro. All of them are surprised that Wonwoo and Jaemin choose the song. 

Jaemin is told to snap her fingers as the beat goes on. She does it shyly but Wonwoo shows her two thumbs up instead while standing behind her and fake a whistle as the original song sounds. 

1..2..3.. Some beats follow before finally Wonwoo starts,

"Ni nuneul bomyeon nan Trouble maker.., " Wonwoo sings as he throw a glance to Jaemin. 

The other cheers even louder than before when he sings surprisingly good with his naturally deep voice. He sounds even cooler than when Hyunseung sings. Jaemin can't help but gape at him too. She doesn't expect to be partner with amazing person like him. Now that she knows, she feels more burdensome than before. 

She misses her part easily while Wonwoo only smiles and continue the song without any doubt. Since it's pretty fast, Wonwoo ends up take part that originally was done alternately. But when the chorus comes up, Wonwoo moves closer to her and bump his shoulder to make her sings. 

Jaemin finally comes back to her soul and she weakly joins in the wrong time, making the others directly scold her. Her voice comes out in crack and it even out of tune. 

Jaemin feels totally hot, out of embarassment while Wonwoo can't help but laugh in the middle of singing. When the first chorus finish, Jaemin promptly apologize to Wonwoo and suggest to stop but Wonwoo says it was nothing and she should continues it until end. 

Wonwoo even asks the other friend to encourage her so Jaemin stays in the front. Hyuna's rap will be the next so Jaemin needs to take her part. 

"You can do it, Shim Jaemin," Wonwoo makes a cheer based on the beat and the other follow him as well. 

Jaemin takes a deep breath before she opens once again. She is doing it very softly since she was shy to continue but then Wonwoo joins the girl's part, turning her more confident to open since her voice will blend with Wonwoo's voice. Wonwoo even makes it more fun with doing the dance shamelessly just like what Hyuna did in mv by himself. 

Doyoung comes in front to help him as Jaemin would never does it anytime soon. The other stands as well and they end up sing it together until the song is finally over. 

Although it was kind of messy and chaotic, the score comes higher instead. Wonwoo and Jaemin gets the second place with score 89. 

Wonwoo asks for a high five and Jaemin returns it although she feels very embarassed that time. 

"Yah, Shim Jaemin, it was because of Wonwoo and Doyoung for their performance. Beside that, you're actually the last among us," Mark says as he doesn't like to lose. 

"I know it, I'm sorry for your lost," Jaemin replies, without even being any regretful like she says. Instead, she feels so much happier after it was all finish. 

They continue to play in karaoke room for another minutes but this time they surely will not let Jaemin to sing because she was really terrible to be honest, just like what she thought. 

Jaemin was just done applying paper mask on her face when Sehun barges inside her room out of blue from nowhere. 

He topples his body on the bed and sneak into Jaemin's side. Jaemin opens her eyes only to see him smiling like idiot. 

"What is it, Oh Sehun? Why did you come to my room at this hour?" she says as she close her eyes once again and leans back comfortably the pillow behind her. 

Sehun drops his head on her shoulder. 

"So how it is? Your date?" Sehun abruptly asks. 

Jaemin shrugs, first to answer and second to make Sehun throw his head to any other place but her shoulder. 

"It was exciting," she fastly responses. 

"Really?" Sehun becomes more interested when Jaemin said so, "I mean, did it go well? Anyone contact you after that?"

Jaemin opens her eyes in instant. She thought the date was done amazingly but the idea of someone contacting her is out of her idea. 

"Oh, you're right," she straightens up and strecthes out to grab her phones from the drawer. 

"What's right?" Sehun obliviously asks and in a split of second, he smirks. "Ah.. No one is asking for your number before, right?" he guesses it out of blue, and somehow it is right. 

No one asked for Jaemin's number when they were apart before.

"I know it, Shim Jaemin. Although I am pretty impressive taht you work hard for this day, in the end.." Sehun sighs, "People will ignore anyway. I'm sorry for you-umph" 

Before he could start rambling again, Jaemin puts her palm on his face. Her hand is quite small but it is enough to shut him up. 

"Sehu~n.." Jaemin cooes his name softly. Upon her face mask, Sehun could still see her boring face underneath. Jaemin shakes her head slowly, "Please don't pity me," she says. 

Sehun raises an eyebrow to her. She doesn't look like happy. 

"Please pity yourself, Sehun. Because…," Jaemin utters while standing up on the floor. She stands right beside her bed to face Sehun directly. 

"I definitely will get a boyfriend," she smiles triumphantly and Sehun gapes, speechless. 

Jaemin shouts then and she crazily dances in happiness like the way she did in classroom before. 

Sehun looks at her uninterestedly. He is more interested in what makes she is sure like that. So he sneakily takes her phone whose screen doesn't turn off yet. 

And there he sees, an opened chat still left un-reply. He carefully looks at it and sees a black and white picture of boy in the profile of chat sender. 

It was unknown to Jaemin's phone but seems like Jaemin surely know who it was. 


Hi, Shim Jaemin. 
I got your number from your friend. 
This is Jeon Wonwoo.
It was fun in the gathering before 
Hope to see you again later. 

Friend? 😁