Chapter 1

Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

30 October 2017, Monday

He stuffed his MP3 player, his novel which he labeled as the most important thing in the world, extra shirts and pants inside small brown leather backpack.

Wearing his wrist watch swiftly, he carefully put on some hair gel on his hair. A wireless Bluetooth earphone was hanging around his neck.

He stood by the mirror. In a crisp white shirt with black slacks. He was already satisfied by a single glance of himself on the mirror. He looked okay enough to strive the day.

He walked out of his room with his bag in his hand. He passed by Seyoung in her baggy pajama pants and Pokémon tee. 

He slides on his stoking covered feet to the kitchen, opening up the fridge. One hand was reaching a bottle of chocolate milk.

His fourteen years old niece raises her brow, sitting on the kitchen bar stool while her eyes observing him sipping his cold drink.

"First of all, you're digusting. Second of all, who are you and what the heck did you did to my uncle who wakes up only after eleven? Where are you going early in the morning?" said his niece before ruffling her messy bed hair, yawning once and glanced on the clock. 

"It's just seven-thirty in the morning." A sly smirk graced his lips as he walked towards his sister. Slapping her forehead where a loud thud could be heard, he took his Nike Roshe off the shoe cabinet.

"You idiot. I have to open the store or otherwise, the three of us will go bankrupt." He grinned, putting his feet inside the shoes.

"Right... Hey, I have a flight back to Colorado tonight. You'll take me to the airport, right?" He nodded, finished lace up his sneakers' shoelaces.

"Come and visit your sister once in awhile. A vacation won't hurt, don't you think? Yunho misses his fifteen years of older brother."

"It's not funny, Seyoung. It is never once funny. To laugh off that Grand Canyon scale . I'll get going now." He said again, hugging his beloved niece and kissed her crown.

"Yeah right. My flight is nine o'clock. Don't dare you to forget."

He exited his apartment, earphones already attached in his ears while "One Call Away" by Charlie Puth was playing. He stormed off, down the staircases. He reached his bike before riding it away.

The cafe was a couple block away from his apartment, taking him only 8 minutes by bicycle.

Fog formed in the air as he was breathing out.

He gets down from his bike, walking away to the glass tinted entry door and unlocking the automatic door. He stepped inside, cursing the freezing weather. He leisurely took off his jacket. "Finally..."

Getting his black mini apron with the shop's logo on it, he tie it up around his waist. He lifted the blinds when morning sunshine shrined through the windows, lighting up the dark cafe's atmosphere.

Furnished with modern fixtures, each tables are white while the seats were black bar stools. The floor is natural stone tiling and wall is also black masculine patterned wallpaper. He stepped to the counter, his back facing it when his hands started to get busy, brewing fresh ice mocha for himself.

He glanced a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter