The Beginning

Eden of Elves

“Honey!.... come on, we’re going to be late!”

Rushed footsteps could be heard running down the stairs. An ‘Ouch!’ was heard by Mr. Horvejkul. Knowing his wife must have hit something on her way to the car. He is getting impatient after waiting for more than an hour. As soon as he saw her, all his anger melts like ice cream. His wife, Mrs. Horvejkul is the prettiest woman he ever laid eyes onto.

“Why are you so quiet suddenly?”

“You’re pretty, like always”

He opens the door for her and crosses over to his door and enters. Since their driver is sick that day, Mr. Horvejkul has opted to drive by his own. With a smile on his face, he looks back at his son in the back seat.

“Ready to go, son?”

“Yes, father.”

Young Horvejkul only looks outside the window, not minding his parents’ lovely bicker. He looks at the droplets of water on the window screen. ‘Rain has fallen today’ he thoughts inside his mind.

“What was that?!”

“What, honey? Did you say something?”

“Nothing, it’s just. I saw something in the woods”

“Oh honey, I’m sure it’s only a deer or some friendly animal you just saw. Don’t worry about it. So, are you excited to meet your cousin, Junho?”

“Yeah”

The drive was quiet as Nichkhun started thinking about the thing he saw in the woods. While so deep in his thoughts, he did not realise that they actually has arrived to his cousin Junho’s birthday party. Forgetting all about what he saw, he become excited to give his present to Junho.

“Happy Birthday Junho!!!!”

“Hyung, thank you so much”

Nichkhun went on to talk about their favourite toys and how much collections they have of figurines from their favourite cartoons and comic books. Unknown to Nichkhun there was a pair of eyes that have been watching him since he passed the woods.

~~~

“Darling, can you drive like this?”

“Ehey, I’m not drunk yet. I just have a little too much of wine”

Mr. Horvejkul drives very carefully since the road has become slippery after the rain and the street light seem so dim for his eyes. He was so focused looking ahead that he yelped and swerve his steering wheel after a creature jumped onto the front of his car.

*screeeeech*

*BAAMM!!*

~after 30 minutes~

“Darling!!! Wake up!!!”

“Huh? What happen?”

“You crash into a tree. Oh no, I cannot feel my leg. Khun honey? Are you okay? Khun?!”

Mrs. Horvejkul ly to find the backseat empty without her son. She became panic and started to hyperventilate. Meanwhile Mr. Horvejkul just starting to regain his memory after suffering the shock from the crash.

“Where’s Khun?! Darling, Khunnie is gone”

Mrs. Horvejkul started to weep and wail while screaming her son’s name. “Khunnie!!!! KHUN!! KHUN!!”

Mr. Horvejkul staggers around the car trying to spot his only son. It doesn’t help with the dim light shining far from the crash site. Suddenly,

“Mister?”

Mr. Horvejkul turned around when he heard someone calling him. He saw a blurred figure pointing towards the woods.

“Your son, he’s there”

Without further question, he ran towards the direction with erratic heartbeat. Praying that his son made it alive. He saw a small body slumped under the tree.

“Son? Oh god, please wake up. I’m sorry, please wake up. I’ll give you anything, please son”

~~~

“It seems, he have quite the shock. You should wait a bit for him to wake up. I already run the test on his brain, nothing seems out of place or injured. He is probably unconscious due to the shock. Nothing to worry about”

“Thank you doctor. Thank you”

The doctor leaves the Horvejkuls inside their son’s hospital room after assuring that little Horvejkul is fine and healthy. Although the reason why the boy still hasn't wake up makes him confuse, he brush it off because the result come back positive. 

~after three days~

“Who are you?”