Violet

Not Sorry

Violet’s Point Of View

 

 It’s 7.38 pm when my phone rang. I picked it up to hear Hoseok’s voice from the other side , and yes , I was just punched out from my office at that time.

 

 “ Yah Jung Violet ! Are you free tonight ? “ , he asked out of nowhere , without a proper greeting , and everyone wonders why I didn’t greeted him properly. I pressed the button with a down arrow , making it flashed blue light , indicating that the button is still working. Why didn’t I get down by stairs ? Because my office is on 13th floor, so let me enjoy my live.

 

 “ I’m quite busy right now , why ? “ , I said , obviously lying. The only thing I need now is my sofa and some foods , I’m freaking hungry ! I could hear he scoffed from the phone.

 

 “ I knew you’re not ! Yah , come and help us pick some pets ! I’m waiting under your office building ! “ , he said before ending the call. Seriously Jung Hoseok ? You asked me to help you after my tiring day and called me so abruptly ? You’re lucky that I’m your friend !

 

 I walked to see Hoseok’s car at the front of bus stand , and I saw Hayoung too ! Oh Hayoung is Hoseok’s wife and they have been married for a year and expecting their first baby. I’ll be a proud aunt ! I opened the back door before getting in Hoseok’s car, he just grinned at me as I glared at him.

 

 “ What’s with that long face ? Don’t you feel happy to help me ? “ , Hoseok asking the obvious , making me snorted before glaring at the his back.

 

 “ Of course I am ! But you have to treat me meal ! I’m broke and hungry “ , I said without any shame. He should be ashamed for disturbing my resting hour, darn you. Hoseok then drives to a pet store which located quite far from my office , our way was filled with baseless chatters and gossips from me and Hayoung. This mom-to-be is so into gossip since she’s pregnant , so I have a strong feeling saying that the baby will be a girl.

 

 “ Here we go ~ “ , Hoseok announced as he turned off the vehicle’s engine. Being a gentleman he is , he opened the door for his beloved wife , and leave me behind. Why are you still alive , Jung Hoseok ? My eyes cant help but to wonders at the variety of pets in there , and cats were the most appealing to me. I swiftly picked up an orange furred cat , bringing it on my embrace. Playing with the paws , I called for Hayoung , showing it to her. Hayoung beamed excitedly at the cat , and its fur.

 

 “ This one looks so cute ~! Yeobo , can we take her ? “ , Hayoung cooed before she asked Hoseok about the cat. Hoseok showed his unsure expression .

 

 “ You sure ? don’t you want to look around for others too ? “, he asked Hayoung and Hayoung shooked her head vigorously , before nodding them after that. What even ?

 

 “ Let’s take two of them , can we ? “ , Hoseok groaned before he smiled and grabbed Hayoung’s waist , looking for other pet to bring home. Yes , I am just a bystander , Hoseok , nothing’s more.

 

 “ Yah , why are you standing there ? Come and help me to choose here ! Don’t let this preggy human did it , she loved everything she saw “ , Hoseok said as he pinched Hayoung’s cheeks playfully. I get to him and start looking in the cage of cats. That’s when we saw a cute little buddy , with black and white fur. It’s so small and cute.

 

 “ Hello , friend ~ How are you doing ? Come here ~ “ , I cooed as my hands try to reach for it , but the cat’s meow is louder than I expected. Scared, maybe ?

 

 “ Yah , you’re too harsh , call her nicely “ , Hoseok said , nudging me before trying to call for the kitty , too bad it doesn’t worked. When I noticed that the kitty is coming forward , I grabbed her with a swift motion, bring her from the cage into my arm.

 

 “ Yah , how about this , isn’t she’s cute ? Look at the round eyes and these soft paws ~! “ , I asked to Hayoung , who’s have a guilty expression , what is wrong with her ? That’s when Hoseok suddenly shoved me aside , to greet whoever with us. I turned around to see a face that I wished I wouldn’t see anymore. Our eyes met for a while , and I looked away , doesn’t really interested to see him.

 

 “ It’s been a long time ! Wow , you looks much more charming and handsome ! Are you getting skinnier ? “ , Hoseok asked to him and he answered but I doesn’t really heard him. The urge to kill him is rising in sudden. What the is he doing here ? Trying to ease the awkward situation , Hayoung took the cat we have earlier and dragged my arm with her.

 

 “  This one is cute ~! Yah , let’s take her and another one “ , she said before leading my way to the counter. After reaching the counter , I glanced back to see Hoseok was gone with that bastard. Should I stay longer ? of course not.

 

 “ Uhm “ , I cleared my throat before coming out with an excuse to be home.

 

 “ Hayoung-ah , my boss just messaged me , he said I’m in charge for morning shift tomorrow, since our staff is taking his leave -- “ , I said as I pretended to check on my handphone , but then , Hayoung cut my words before she patted my shoulder.

 

 “ Tomorrow is a public holiday , Violet-sshi , nice try but you failed “ , yes , that’s so smart of you , Jung Violet. I scoffed before putting my hands into the pocket of my pants , before noticing that Hoseok is already waiting for us outside , along with the guy.

 

 “ But I don’t feel like looking at him “ , Hayoung just shrugged at my words before she shoved the cage of our pets to me , and heading outside. Later on , we settled at a cafe nearby. Hoseok is sitting next to Ten , while I’m with Hayoung , facing Hoseok. It’s awkward though .