Leaving

Youth, Your Spring

[Yeoseo Island]

Yoona: Happy Birthday! We couldn't get you a cake so we bought the ingredients.
Jiyeon: Flour, eggs, confetti, and we also bought a special ingedients.
Byul: Fish sauce cake.
Yoona: Class is starting soon, let's go back.
Jiyeon: Happy Birthday, Lee Ara!

It is normal, things like this happened everyday, just a little more special since it is my 16th birthday. I could not speak up at all, may be it has become a habit.

Student: So stink...
Ara: Sorry.
Student: What did she do this time?
Ara: Ah, the fish sauce smell...

I always hate to go school, I always wanted to take off and just stay at home but it would be more noisy and annoying, I would just be vexing at other things. At the very least, school has an area where you can sit down and think for a bit. A stop station, I called it. When I first go to school, I expected many good things to happen but it turns out differently. You have to set a place for yourself, that's how it is. I always am the center for others to bully, I don't talk back and just thought it was for fun, but things just got worst and before I realize everything, the name Ara being call less than the time when I first started school.

Ara: I am home.
Mom: Divorce. Let's divorce and live our own way.
Ara: ...
Dad: Ara...
Ara: I will come back later.
Mom: Since you've heard everything, come and listen.

Dad and Mom get into quarrels quite a lot since I and eonnie started middle school. Work and love and us, that's all they quarreled about. I barely talk to my parents, or at least my Mom, because she always said she has works but it will be because of sister.

Mom: We will divorce so you will go with me.
Ara: ...
Mom: Your Dad cannot do anything to help you.
Ara: Then I am going with Dad.
Dad: Ara.
Ara: Mom said you won't be able to help me so it means I can start to learn how to help myself survive in the society.

I never stop anyone from doing things that they want or don't want because my two cents comments never get to their sense at all. I tend to lay back and let everyone decide... once it is confirmed I will come forward but it just beyond my expectation.

Ara: I will go and delivery afternoon's news.
Ayeon: Mom, I will go to my friend's house.
Ara: When are you going to be home, eonnie?
Ayeon: Eww... did you get bully again?

Jimin: She is over there!
Danbi: I heard you confessed to Kai!
Jimin: Why did you?! Can you just like him quietly?! Your news degrade him badly at school!!!

Giyeok: Oh?! KAI'S GIRL!
Kai: Stop it guys!
Ayeon: You confessed to Kai? Yah, you sure can attracted any kind of girls.
Kai: Stop it! She is not my type!
Ara: I didn't confess to him. You also think you are my type? You are wrong.
Kai: Yah!
Jimin: (Throw eggs) No shame at all.
Danbi: Get lost!!!

Ah, I cannot like anyone properly. I just give up after an unwatned accident, I give up on harboring feeling for boys. Even if I do, it will be a pain for me later on, since I am nothing but a weed in their backyard.

Ayeon: Careful when you go out. People catch on you really fast.
Ara: Dad?
Ayeon: What's wrong?
Ara: I can survive, I will definitely survive in this society with you so let's move away.
Dad: Ara.
Ara: I will comeback tonight after work. Please help me clean out my bed first.
Ayeon: Yah! What do you mean?! Mom?!

I always want to have a normal life where no one will bully me or see me as nothing. I also want to cry too, I want to laugh too. I just want thing to be simple, as much as possible.

Ara: (Breath hard) ...
Woohyun: Ara?
Ara: Saem! I will move away soon, please give me your positive energy. All of them...
Woohyun: Move? To where?
Ara: My parents divorced so I will live with my Dad. I need more energy to move on. I will become strong and when it happens please do come and see me.
Woohyun: Hhmm... I got it. But will you be ok?
Ara: I might not be able to see you again Saem... The rumors about me confessed to Kai is wrong, the one I like is Saem.
Woohyun: Thank you for your feeling but I cannot think of you more than a student...
Ara: Thank you for listening... I also hope you will become a real teacher soon.
Woohyun: Thank you Ara.

Woohyun Saem is the first person to notice me and talk to me. I always follow him since his senior days and able to be his student in his first year of teaching. I will always respect Saem so I hope Saem will also remember me. I will live and become stronger and a more successful student so Saem will notice me more, when time comes I will confess to him again.

Ara: Saem, I will grow up and become a more beautiful lady and when time comes, I hope to confess to you again in a more mature way.
Woohyun: Yes yes. I will definitely give you an answer with an appropriate confession.
Ara: (Take picture of Woohyun)
Woohyun: This kid.
Ara: With this, I will keep myself safe from guys. I will use it well, Saem.
Woohyun: Tch... Write to me often, I will reply.
Ara: Yes. I am taking off. Good bye.

Dad: You are back?
Ara: Yes.
Dad: Let's move in with your grandma after the end-of-term exam.
Ara: Yes.
Dad: I couldn't keep the promise with you and become a divorcee.
Ara: I am ok. Mom always involved in affairs so it really didn't surprise me. I am tired...

It was the happiest moment in my life that I can finally accept their divorce and let my Dad free from Mom's grasp. It will be just me, Dad and Grandma from now on. I must score a good grade on these finals to be where no one can reach me.

Woohyun: Here, your student information, I put it in order.
Ara: Thank you Saem.
Woohyun: And your mark for final and your diploma. I realized when your Dad came just now, you won't be joining us for the graduation, aren't you?
Ara: I'm sorry...
Woohyun: Well, whatever it is, congrate on graduating Middle School. Here is your gift.
Ara: Eh? A phone charm?
Woohyun: Why? Hate it? Then give it back!
Ara: No? It just the same as my gift for you, a phone charm.
Woohyun: Did you stole my idea?
Ara: Yes sir, I did.
Woohyun: Isn't this too girly? A clover leaf?
Ara: Isn't it too manly? A one piece tag?
Woohyun: Thank you. I will see you later?
Ara: Yes. Thank you for everything, Saem.

When we see each other again, I hope to see the clover phone charm on your phone. I will definitely see Saem again, if I cannot then I will come and find Saem.

Dad: Ara.
Woohyun: Hello.
Ara: Thank you, Saem.
Dad: Thank you for everything. If you have a chance, pleaze do come and visit our family store.
Woohyun: Yes. You, study okay? Don't let this first place drop.
Ara: Yes sir. If Saem cannot find me then I will go find Saem. Definitely cannot have a girlfriend until then.
Woohyun: Hhmm... What if you have a boyfriend first?
Ara: There is no way.
Woohyun: Ok, go. Your Dad is waiting.

I will start a new life in a new city.

Dad: My daughter got first place, I heard?
Ara: Yes, so please treat me something nice.
Dad: Thank you, Ara.
Ara: Why are you saying thank you all of sudden?
Dad: We always fight and ignore your feeling, and I know your Mom favors your sister over you.
Ara: Stepmom.
Dad: Yes yes. But despite that, you didn't become a rebel and grew up so well. Dad is thankful for that and probably Mom too.
Ara: I will get to see Grandma for the first time...
Dad: Talking about that... she used to be a yankee so you might want to be careful.
Ara: Yes sir.
Dad: So! I will buy you your most favorite foods today!
Ara: Do you even know?
Dad: Tonkatsu with hot steamed rice and cheese on top with sweet bread as side dish.
Ara: That's Mom's favorite!
Dad: Really?
Ara: I love bread so just buy me bread.

The breeze starts to smell different from this point... I will miss this sea smell of Yeoseo Island. Even if I leave this place, I kind of don't want my name to disappear from here, since I was born on the Yeoseo Island. I will live well. 

************************************************************************************************************

I did post a new story... But like I said I cannot and never guarantee if this story will ever have an ending. It is a story that I wrote when I was tired and bored of university's life. I will try, notice the word "TRY", to update as much as possible and I will TRY not to make it as a chore so I can finish this story happily. 

SPOILER! JOOHEON will appear in the next chapter! 

Talking about SPOILER, MONSTA X is coming back. They are so hardworking but people over look them and so I hope if you read this message, I don't say "stan Monsta X" but "DO STAN MONSTA X." We, Monbebe and other lovely fandoms also wish Monsta X to harvest their 1st win with this comeback, even if it is only 1 or 2 trophies, we will appreciate it as much as the Nation's Treasure. Please do support because of their hardwork and their creativity in making the songs, don't follow the popular trend and just give your favs a trophy. I'm begging you whoever love my 7 dorks.

SIDE WAYS CORNER!

Q: Send me a smile if you like the first chapter so far. Also, do you ever try listen to Monsta X?

Image result for cute jooheon gif

If you like and happy reading this story, please DO LIKE/COMMENT/SHARE. (p.s I posted 2nd chap. see you there)