Chapter 4

how to deal with pregnancy by kim taehyung & min yoongi

 

stay close to bathroom

 

'You look like death.'

 

It's a calm day at BTS dorm, the fifth day of a week long break for the boys. Even if Namjoon and Yoongi are still going to the studio to work on their songs the other boys have decided to just stay at home and rest as much as they can in this time.

 

When they hear Seokjin's statement Hoseok, Jimin and Jungkook look at Taehyung's curled and covered with a blanket form on the couch, forgetting about their game.

 

Taehyung only groans in response.

 

'What's wrong?' Jungkook asks.

 

Hearing Jungkook's question Taehyung buries his face in the cushion, not wanting anyone to pay attention to him. Seokjin's frown deepens. The younger boy looks miserable.

 

'Taehyung isn't feeling well.'

 

There's shuffling and Taehyung can hear someone coming closer. He wishes they would just leave him alone; it's not the first time someone doesn't feel alright when they're together. He doesn't understand why there's such a circus because of him.

 

'Tae?' Are you okay?' he hears Hoseok's voice filled with concern.

 

'I'm not dying, people,' Taehyung snaps, although he sounds miserable rather than annoyed. He looks at Hoseok and the older boy admits that the other is really pale. 'I've been feeling nauseous for weeks already, it's nothing new.'

 

'Yes, but today you look worse than before.' Taehyung pouts at the remark but Seokjin ignores it as he continues. 'Does anything hurt?'

 

'No, hyung. Just tired.'

 

Seokjin hums sympathetically. His fingers brush Taehyung's strands and the younger can't help but lean closer at the touch, enjoying the small moment of affection. He may not want his friends to pay much attention to him but it would be an obvious lie if Taehyung said he didn't like others touching him. Yoongi would be the best of course but with his absence Taehyung is happy that at least there were other members who can take care of that.

 

'Maybe you should try to sleep, then,' Seokjin suggests, his voice warm and soft and if Taehyung didn't feel like throwing up everything he's eaten he'd feel blessed. 'You should rest.'

 

'I'm fine,' Taehyung murmurs, smiling gently, his eyes are closed. Seokjin shakes his head fondly at the latter.

 

'Stop being stubborn finally and listen to your hyung.'

 


 

Taehyung hates everyone and everything. He hates food. He hates the tea that Jimin was drinking in his presence. He hates Jimin. He hates himself.

 

Especially, he hates vomiting in the middle of night (it's not night yet but it's dark outside already so Taehyung wants to thin it is) with everyone gathering outside the bathroom.

 

Taehyung hates being pregnant.

 

He knows that feeling nauseous and vomiting is one of early pregnancy symptoms or whatever it's called but why the hell people decided to name it morning sickness is beyond him. It's past 8pm, there are many hours left before it's morning.

 

And now he's sitting on the bathroom floor, the tiles are pleasantly cold. His eyes are closed, he's tired and sweating already but he can't stand up and wash himself or go to bed. It's this moment when he wonders if he's going to puke again or not, his stomach is restless but there's still a chance it will calm down.

 

There's a commotion outside the bathroom, bigger than before. If Taehyung didn't feel like he'd be curious what's going on but for now he has a slightly bigger problem, in his opinion at least.

 

Seconds later there's a knock on the door.

 

'Taehyung?'

 

Maybe it shouldn't really matter but suddenly Taehyung feels a bit better knowing that Yoongi's finally home. Taehyung frowns, though, because Yoongi sounds worried. Again.

 

Someone says something, too quietly for Taehyung to recognize who and what, but then the voices die down and it's not this noisy anymore. Taehyung's grateful for that at least.

 

'I told the guys to leave us alone,' he hears again from the other side of the door. 'Can you open the door so I can come in?'

 

Taehyung hesitates only for a brief moment, unsure if he does want Yoongi to see him like this. He can't deny that he wants his boyfriend to comfort him, though.

 

The boy stands up, his legs feel like jelly and his hands are shaking, and the boy comes closer to the door before grabbing the knob and opening it.

 

As soon as the door opens Yoongi steps inside. One look at Taehyung is enough for him to see that the younger boy is anything but alright. Yoongi can't really be surprised.

 

He wants to ask Taehyung if he's feeling better or worse but before he can even open his mouth the other isn't in front of him anymore but leaning over the toilet, coughing and retching again.

 

It's disgusting but Yoongi dismisses the thought, kneeling beside his lover. He's awkward, uncertain what he should do - because he knows that Taehyung wants him to do anything but stare dumbly at the latter as he's puking his guts out.

 

Yoongi puts his hand on Taehyung's back and draws circles on it trying to comfort the younger but Taehyung's shirt is soaked with sweat and Yoongi wonders that maybe he doesn't really make things better.

 

That's why Yoongi avoids being around sick people. He never knows what to do.

 

Taehyung vomits for a longer while before finally it seems that there's nothing left in his stomach that he can get rid of.

 

'It's disgusting,' he says, voicing Yoongi's previous thought, still kneeling in front of the toilet. 'Sorry.'

 

Yoongi ignores what Taehyung has said, brushing off the younger's strands of hair that have fallen on his forehead and covered Taehyung's eyes. 'You're feeling better now?'

 

Taehyung shakes his head. 'No, but I'm done. I think. Can we go to bed?'

 

Yoongi says nothing more.

 

Taehyung is lazy but Yoongi makes sure that the other brushes his teeth and takes a shower before they go to bed. It's not this late but Taehyung is tired and wants to cuddle and Yoongi can't say no. Even if he didn't want to and tried to escape Taehyung still knows what to do so Yoongi definitely wouldn't say no.

 

'You know,' Taehyung says when they're in bed, their legs tangled together, Taehyung's arm thrown over Yoongi's form.

 

Yoongi hums in response, waiting for whatever Taehyung will tell him.

 

'I think we should switch rooms with Kookie and Jimin.'

 

'Why the would you want that,' Yoongi asks, furrowing his eyebrows at the weird thought. If anyone asked him Yoongi would say that switching with the two is the worst idea anyone would ever have.

 

'Their room is the closest to the bathroom.'

 

Of course. Yoongi makes a great effort not to roll his eyes, in case Taehyung sees it.

 

'I'm not sure if I would want that. Who knows what they two do together in that room.'

 

'True. But I think they'd be even more traumatized if they knew what we did in our room, hyung.'

 

Taehyung smiles at Yoongi. He's still pale and visibly tired, dark bags under his eyes, but he seems comfortable for the first time in days. He hasn't smiled like this for so long and for a while Yoongi almost forgets what they're talking about.

 

'I guess it's not this hard for anyone to guess what happened between us here.' Yoongi almost, almost looks at Taehyung's tummy. Almost. 'But still, we're not switching rooms.'

 

Taehyung just rolls his eyes. 'Okay, okay. Let me suffer here.'

 

Yoongi scoffs. 'Now you're just being overdramatic.'

 

It earns a shrug from Taehyung and Yoongi can't help but smile, too. Finally Taehyung doesn't worry and Yoongi wishes they could talk more, but he knows that Taehyung should rest finally.

 

'For now, forget which room you're in and sleep. You're tired.'

 

'No, I'm not,' Taehyung denies, in spite of his previous complaining and a yawn he lets out soon after seeing these words. Yoongi smirks and Taehyung isn't sure if he loves or hates the older for always knowing better. '...fine.'

 

 

 

When Taehyung wakes up five hours later and rushes to the bathroom to vomit again, hoping that he hasn't woken anyone, he makes a mental note to make it clear to Yoongi that they should switch the rooms in the end.