Chapter 2

Who Knew?

"YOU'RE PREGNANT?!" Misaki's father screamed at her, his face livid with anger. "You begged me to stay in Japan for 6 months and I agreed just so you could finish the year at Keio before transferring here. Now, only 2 months after, you tell me you're pregnant because of a one night stand on your last day in Tokyo?"

Misaki could do nothing but cry as she wraps her arms around her middle, as if protecting the life inside it. She just got home from the hospital after she had herself checked. She hasn't been feeling well lately and now she knows why. She couldn't look at her father, knowing how much anger and disappointment she would see in his eyes. She has always been her father's princess and she knows how much this hurt him.

"Who is the father?"

She knew he would ask this question. Which father wouldn't want to know such important information. She knows that her father would force marriage, especially in this situation, but she has already made up her mind not to bring trouble to Arashi. It was her fault as much as Sho's and she doesn't want her father to do anything rash.

"I...I don't know who b-but...I'm keeping the baby." Her voice trembled as she clutched onto her stomach protectively.

"There's no way you're keeping that child." She cringed at her father's cold tone. "Put it up for adoption."

"No dad! Please." Misaki knelt down onto the floor. "This is my child. Please."

"Put it up for adoption or I will disown you." Her father commanded before walking out of the house.

Misaki heard her father's car driving away and she was left alone, crying in the middle of the living room. She loves her father dearly but she will not lose her child. Quickly making up her mind, she packed her things and left for the airport. She doesn't know what she's doing but one thing is for sure, she needs to go back to Japan.

Everything was rushed that she was lucky enough to be able to get on the earliest flight to Japan. She tried to relax and sleep on the plane but she felt nothing but restlessness. As the pilot announced that they have arrived, a thought suddenly hit her. Where was she going to stay? She couldn't exactly go to her friends because they would surely ask her a lot of questions. No matter how much she loves her friends, they do have the tendency to blab things out without meaning to. After keeping the secret for so long, she doesn't really want to risk her friends suddenly blurting out that Sakurai Sho was the father of her baby.

She was in a complete loss as she walked to the airport lobby and took a seat in the lounge area. She took out her wallet to see how much money she had when a she noticed a calling card in one of the pockets. She took it out and her eyes widened as she read the card. The name Aiba Masaki was clearly printed on the card, together with a number and an e-mail address. Remembering what Aiba told her before she left, she didn't hesitate to go to a phone booth and call Arashi's miracle boy.

"Moshi Moshi?" Aiba's cheerful voice greeted her from the other line and she couldn't keep the tears in anymore.

"A-Aiba-san." Misaki's voice trembled as she spoke. "Shimoyama Misaki desu."

"Misaki-chan." Aiba gasped before she heard him excusing himself from the people he was with then the sound of a closing door. "Are you alright."

"Aiba-san...I...I..." Misaki tried to speak but she was crying so hard that she couldn't even get a word out.

"Where are you?"

"Narita Airport."

"Wait for me, I'll come get you."

*****


If the other members found it odd that Aiba suddenly sat up straight and headed out the door after answering a phone call, they didn't voice it out. Aiba is a very open individual. He laughs loudly, cries loudly, has tantrums every now and then, and voluntarily shares unwanted information with the other members no matter how useless or gross it is. That's why when he becomes secretive all of a sudden a lot of questions come up.

"Sorry guys, I have to go." Aiba said the moment he got back to the room. He quickly gathered his things and was about to head out the door when a hand suddenly held him back.

"Where are you going Aiba-chan?" Sho asked as he tried to pull Aiba back to the couch. "You're the one who wanted to hang out tonight."

"I really don't have time for this now guys. I'll make it up to you guys, just, I really need to go." Aiba yanked his arm away from Sho with an irritated look on his face before rushing out the door to prevent anyone else from stopping him.

"Did Aiba-chan really get irritated or did I just imagine it all?" Sho asked the others, his eyes wide with shock.

"Not to mention he just threw away dinner plans with us that easily when he was the one who organized it all." Jun said with a pout as he lead the dazed Sho to a seat.

"Maybe he just really needs to go. He'll tell us when he's ready." Ohno said as he gently pat Sho's back before going back to reading the information about the next location he would be going to for D no Arashi.

Sho and Jun eventually agreed with Ohno and let the matter drop. The two continued on talking about other stuff while Nino kept silent the whole time. Among the members, Nino has known Aiba the longest. They lived in the same dorm during training as juniors, they rode the same trains to and from work, they even used each others underwear at some point in time. After observing how Aiba reacted during and after the call, there was one thing Nino was sure about. His best friend was hiding something from him and he didn't like it one bit.