Chapter 3

Who Knew?

Misaki didn't recognize Aiba when he arrived. If he didn't giggle when he tapped her shoulder she wouldn't have known who he was. She managed to calm herself down after she called him but Aiba still noticed the redness of her eyes and the tear tracks on her cheeks. He didn't ask her any questions. He simply smiled, took her bags, and lead her to his car.

The ride from the airport was quiet but it was comfortable. Aiba was going to ask Misaki where she would like to go but she was already asleep when he turned to ask. Knowing that he couldn't really take her back to his own apartment without the risk of someone getting their picture, he decided to head to his parents' house in Chiba. He was going to visit them tomorrow anyway so getting there a little early doesn't really matter. He called his parents at the next red light, explaining Misaki's situation and asking them if she could stay with them for a while. His parents were worried but agreed with his decision and told him that warm food and beds would be waiting for them when they get there.

The other members tried calling his phone but he didn't answer them. He didn't even hear the phone ringing. The only thing he was thinking about was what happened to Misaki. From the moment he found out what happened with her and Sho, Aiba felt that he has to be there for her. Most people would think that it's normal ("Aiba-chan's always so helpful." 'Masaki is such a nice boy") and wouldn't even blink at what he does but there is deeper reason as to why he wants to help Misaki. He just hopes that he is wrong. He let out a sigh as he parked infront of his parents' house.

"Misaki-chan." Aiba called out softly and shook Misaki's arm gently. "Misaki-chan we're here."

"Hm?" Misaki asked as her eyes fluttered open. She squinted a bit a looked at her surroundings before remembering who she was with. "Ah! Sorry I fell asleep Aiba-san."

"It's alright." Aiba chuckled before he both of them got out of the car. "We're in Chiba. I didn't know where to take you and well, I can't let you stay in my apartment so I took you here. This is my parents' house."

"Wah! Keikarou da!" Misaki gasped before she blushed as Aiba laughed out loud. "Sorry. My friends and I wanted to eat here before but it's always full."

"Don't apologize so much. I'm used to people reacting that way since we debuted. I have your things, let's go in."

Aiba led Misaki to the side-door as to not cause a commotion inside the restaurant. His parents welcomed them warmly and sent them upstairs to get some rest. Yuusuke was there to welcome them as he set the food on the table. His family easily warmed up to Misaki. He was grateful that no one asked them any questions and just made sure that Misaki was comfortable. After eating, Aiba's parents and Yuusuke headed back to the restaurant as he showed Misaki to her room.

"Here's the guest room, you have your own bathroom there and feel free to use the closets for your things." Aiba smiled and sat down on the bed. "I'll be here for a couple of days before heading back to Tokyo for work."

"Thank you very much for doing this Aiba-san. Even though we just met a couple of months ago."

"Maa~ Stop being so polite. Just call me Masaki, or Aiba-chan like the others. Since you'll be staying here, its like you're my younger sister already. Besides, I already call you Misaki-chan ne?"

"Hai." Misaki smiled sadly as Aiba pulled her to sit beside him on the bed. "Now, as your new nii-chan, is it alright if I ask you what happened? I thought you said you were leaving Japan for a long time."

"I...I had a fight with my father." Misaki answered quietly as she bit her lip. "We had a huge fight and I ran away. I don't know what to do so I decided to come back."

"Eh? Running away is not the solution Misaki-chan. You two should talk it out properly. He is still your father so it can't be somethi --"

"I'm preganant." Misaki said as she cut off Aiba's talk. "Aiba-chan, I'm preganant."

"O-okay, maybe it is something big." Aiba gulped as he asks the question he fears to know the answer to. "Is it...anou...uhm..."

"It's Sakurai-san's. He's the father." Misaki answered with a trembling voice.

Aiba was never so sad about being right before. The situation he was fearing ever since the incident at Sho's apartment 2 months ago came true. Aiba couldn't say or do anything but just hold the now crying Misaki in his arms until the girl fell asleep.

Sho-chan, what are we going to do?

*****

Aiba had promised Misaki to help her through what she's going through and he plans on keeping that promise. How he's going to do it? He has no idea whatsoever. Only one thing is clear to him and that is to let Sho know that he's going to be a father whether he likes it or not. He was making his way to their room in the Jimusho when his manager called him on the phone and told him that Johnny wants to see him as soon as possible.

A number of things went through his mind as he rode the elevator that will take him to Johnny's floor but he has a sinking suspicion that it was about Misaki. The doors opened and he cursed the elevator for being fast as he walked to Johnny's office. The president's assistant smiled at him softly and escorted him inside. Johnny was in the middle of a phone call but signed for him to sit down.

"Yes. Thank you." Johnny ended the call and turned to Aiba with a sofft smile. "My miracle boy, how are you?"

"I-I'm fine sir."

"Really?" Johnny said as he raised an eyebrow. "You see, a little birdie told me that you might have something you want to tell me. Like the reason why you rushed out in the middle of a photoshoot to pick up a girl from the airport?"

"I...she...she's just a friend of mine Johnny-san. She needed my help and I'm really sorry for not finishing the shoot."

"Just a friend?" Johnny smirked as he opened a folder and read its contents oput loud. "Shimoyama Misaki. 21 years old, daughter of Shimoyama Masahiro of Shimoyama Motors. Attended Keio University until April of this year. 2 months preganant."

"Sir, it's not --"

"It's not what Aiba-chan?"

"She really is just my friend Johnny-san. I just want to help so I let her stay at my parent's home in Chiba. She had a fight with her dad because of the baby."

"Hmmm." Johnny sat back on his chair and looked at Aiba, waiting for him to blurt out any other information. He scrutinized the idol infront of him and found no sign that the boy was lying. Johnny sighed and smiled at the nervous boy. "Okay, I believe you. I just want you to know that even if she wasn't just a friend and that the kid is yours I wouldn't keep you from being happy. I learned my lesson the last time and I don't want you to feel that again."

"Thank you sir."

"But Aiba-chan, I want you to tell me the truth. Who is the father?"

"Sir, I..."

"As I said, I learned my lesson. I will not interfere as long as it does not reach the media before I can make sure everything is okay."

"I will tell you sir, but please let me be the one to tell the father about this."

"Okay."

"The baby...it..." Aiba sighed and took a deep breath. "The baby is Sho-chan's. He's the father."