Chapter 4

Who Knew?

Nino sat on the hallway, infront of the special elevator to Johnny-san's office, waiting for bestfriend. The circumstances regarding Aiba was getting more intriguing. Aside from the way Aiba acted to a phonecall a couple of days ago, it was very very rare for Arashi's sunshine to be summoned by the company president. The last time it happened was because of a secret girlfriend and the result wasn't pretty.

Sitting there and waiting wasn't even on his agenda for the day, neither was confronting Aiba about his behaviour lately. He had arrived early at the Jimusho and was thinking of lounging at their band room while playing the new game he had bought when he caught sight of Aiba walking slowly with a contemplative look on his face. He was about to call out to the other when the phone rang and caused the other one freeze before heading to the special elevator.

"Ah! Nino-chan." Aiba's gasped caught his attention and he stood up. "What are you doing there?"

"Waiting for you." Nino sighed and grabbed Aiba's wrist before pulling him into an empty rehearsal studio. "Masaki, are you okay?"

"Why do you suddenly ask that?"

"Because I'm your bestfriend and I'm worried." Nino sighed and leaned on the wall. " You're acting strange. You threw away dinner plans that you planned yourself, you have secretive phonecalls, you neither answer our calls nor reply to our messages, and now you just got back from Johnny-san. What the hell is going on Masaki?"

"I wish I could tell you Kazu but I can't." Aiba sighed. "I can't tell anyone until I talk to the people involved. I just want to fix everything as soon as possible."

"Fine." Nino snapped with a glare. "You don't have to tell me but you have to promise me you won't get in trouble."

"I promise I'll be careful Kazu." Aiba smiled and dragged Nino out of the studio. "Let's head to the room now before we become late and have Jun whip our asses."


******

Misaki couldn't help but think, as she helped out in the Keikarou kitchen, that she was lucky. Aiba's parents have refused her help, saying that she was a guest, when she insisted that it was the only way she could repay their kindness. Contrary to what her friends at school believe, Misaki does have interests outside of school and one of them was Arashi. She's been to their concerts, bought their albums and singles, watched their dramas and movies, basically did everything an Arashi fan would do except exclaim to the world that she was one.

Her father has firmly implied that anything outside business and studies was prohibited. Not that he would ever find out since he was always out on business anyway. There was a reason she was into Arashi and that was because she has been a huge Aiba Masaki fan since before he debuted with Arashi. She has always been amused by the tallest MAIN member who was trying his best to seem quiet and serious even though you can still see the way his eyes sparkle at cute and shiny objects.

How she ended up with Sakurai Sho was something she never expected, no matter how much her classmates insisted that he was interested in her. Arashi's Keio Boy as he was popularly known. The politician's son who was studying Economics while being an Idol at the same time. Of course she knows that he studies at Keio, which Arashi fan doesn't? It's just that it doesn't affect her as much as the others are. She admires him but beyond that, she doesn't know.

"Misaki-chan, are you okay?"  Aiba's mom asked one she saw the young woman spaced out in the kitchen.

"Ah! Sorry Aiba-san, I was thinking about things." Misaki smiled softly as she finished drying the dishes.

"It's fine dear. You want to talk about it?"

"Aiba-san, what if you had everything planned out already then something unexpected happened and ruined everything you hoped for, what would you do?"

"You know, that's exactly how I felt when Masaki suddenly said that he applied to be a Johnny. He was supposed to graduate, take over the family business, have his own family, and maybe play baseball during weekends. I never dreamed of having an Idol for a son, even though he never knew that he was signing up to be one." Aiba's mother laughed. "But now? Whenever I see him with the others, bright smles on their faces and sparkles in their eyes, I can't help but think that that is where he was meant to be. He was meant to shine and give happiness to people."

"He does seem to love what he does." Misaki smiled as he remembered an A no Arashi experiment she once saw on TV. "Though his experiments really seem dangerous every now and then."

"It makes him happy. I would never have it any other way."



******


"Ne, Sho-chan. We're on in 10 minutes." Aiba called as the older one was going through letters for T no Arashi. "Can I talk to you for a minute? In private?"

"Eh?" Sho looked up from the letters and glanced at Aiba. "Is something wrong?"

"Well, no...yes...maybe?" Aiba said nervously. "I just really need to tell you something."

"O-kay. Let's go to the roo..." Sho's phone suddenly rang as he was getting up. "Ah! I'll just answer this okay?"

"Okay."

"Thanks!" Sho smiled before answering the phone. "Moshi Moshi? Miyu-chan! Eh? Sure! Dinner sounds great! Yeah. Ja!"

Aiba was intrigued with Sho's happy tone but pretended to be reading one of Nino's mangas. Somehow the name Mmiyu-chan sounds familiar but he can't really remember who it was. He turned another page until Sho tapped his shoulder.

"I can't believe it! Miyu-chan asked me out to dinner!"

"Miyu-chan?" Aiba asked softly.

"Ah! Sakai Wakana-chan. You know, Mouko from Cats Eye?"

"Oh. Dinner eh? Is it a date?" Aiba asked in a teasing tone just so he could know if it is a date or not.

"I don't know. I hope it is." Sho smiled widely and slung his arm around Aiba's shoulders. "So, let's go to the roof and talk?"

"Ah!" Aiba smiled sheepishly and rubbed his neck. Sho looked really happy about the dinner invite and he didn't want to remove the smile off of the older one's face so he decided to just talk about it later. "Sorry Sho-chan. I forgot."

"You sure? You sounded really troubled earlier."

"I'm sure Sho-chan. Let's go to the set before Jun starts looking for us."