Chapter 6

Raindrops Falling On a Bamboo Umbrella
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was not until Wang Yo and I were outside the eighth prince’s residence that I snapped. He had offered me a hand to help me into the carriage but I had ignored him and sent him a glare instead. “Do not pretend to be caring towards me for the humiliation I currently feel is far too deep! Your Highness, I really cannot understand you. Why did you make me come here?” I demanded.

 

“Is there something wrong with that, Yura?” he asked with his hands behind his back. “I took you out because you are always following Queen Mother around. Does it not get tiring?”

 

“I will not answer that pointless question! What was the purpose of today’s visit? Oh, were you trying to show off how supportive you are of the beautiful Princess Yeonhwa? Was that it, Your Highness?”

 

“What?” he spluttered. “What? Don’t tell me… Are you jealous right now?”

 

“I am not jealous! You have wasted my time today, Your Highness. I am displeased.”

 

“Ah, you could not stand me showing attention to another girl and now you want me to make up for it? I did not expect you to so bluntly ask me to court you, Yura. Would you not have preferred if I came to you in my own time?”

 

“This hateful person…” I muttered under my breath and then I looked up at him with a sullen expression. “You have upset me enough today, Your Highness. When will you stop bothering me? What will it take for me to be able to go back home to Chungju?”

 

Throughout my ridiculous outburst, Wang Yo had seemed quite surprised and even slightly confused but there was nothing but certainty in his voice when he answered me with three words that caused my jaw to fall open and Minyoung behind me to lose her footing.

 

“A bridal visit.”

 

I must have looked an absolute fool as I stood in front of Wang Yo, unspeaking and unmoving, whilst Minyoung hurriedly scrambled to her feet and lowered herself into a bow. Wang Yo, on the other hand, turned around as though he had witnessed nothing and got into the carriage.

 

“Yura, you look like you could use some fresh air,” he told my seemingly lifeless self from the carriage window. “You can return to the palace by foot. I will go ahead first.”

 

Wang Yo mockingly waved from the carriage whilst Minyoung bowed again with a sad expression on her face. There was n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter