#02

Unintentionally Charming
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

In her nearly twenty-six years of life, Yura swore that this was one of the top moments in her life that made her break into cold sweats. She made a mental note that once she get out of here, she's going to tell the whole world that Red Velvet's leader isn't what everyone expected her to be. 

Feminine, gentle, sweet, polite? 

Irene was far from those. 

Not when she's sitting opposite of her girlfriend's chick, glaring at her mencingly with two dangerous weapons in her hand. Yura thought that those would land somewhere around her body if she were to move or to speak a word. 

 

"Kang Seulgi, i think you should quickly change out? Your chick here is waiting for you already." 

 

Yura glanced at the lost bear with a pleading look, telling her not to leave her alone with the supposedly goddness of peace. Seulgi took the signal and tried to cease the apparent tension. 

 

"Erm, Yura unnie. Do you wanna wait for me in your car instead? Just give me five mintues." She giggled awkwardly while scratching her neck. The senior prompty nodded in agreement but was stopped by the oldest on the room. 

 

"Look, i've been wanting to talk to you since you've became friends with Seulgi." 

 

Yura quirked a brow.

 

"You know, i've been your fan since forever."  Irene added with a fake smile, "So you should stay for that mintues for us to talk for awhile."

 

Obviously Yura didn't believe her. 

 

Who would? 

 

Irene looked like she's going to kill her any second sooner if she doesn't oblige to her. Even her tone was full of thorns. Anyone who have a brain, would know Irene was just being scarastic.

 

"Ah   I guess it would be great." Yura was grateful that her stuttering didn't caught her. She saw how the younger girl glanced at her worriedly. 

 

Yura almost scoffed when she saw Irene turned towards Seulgi and smiled at the younger sweetly, "You should hurry up and get a change, babe  opps, i mean Seulgi." 

 

Seulgi tensed up but then relex when she saw that Yura didn't catch that part since she was shivering from fear because of Irene.

She decided to oblige to her girlfriend's words. But If anything, she just hope that Irene wouldn't reveal their relationship to Yura.

 

Don't get her wrong. 

 

She wants everyone to know about their relationship of couse. 

 

However, she wanted to be the one who tell her friends. She's afraid that they may feel betrayed if they knew it through her girlfriend. 

 

Yet, she's not one who would defy Irene. Knowing how bad the older temper would get if she disobey her commands. It was a smarter choice to quickly change out and get out of this sticky situation.

 

"Since she said she would be done in five mintues, we dont have much time. So i will cut the chase, and go straight to the main point." Yura found herself gulping as Irene stepped closer to her while twirling the scissors in her hand.

 

"S-Sure."

 

"Where are you going to bring Seulgi to meet the others?"

 

"Um. A c-club in Hongdae." 

 

She saw the sides of Irene's eyes twitch a little, which made her gulp but she still managed to stay firm and still, "You do not need to worry about Seulgi's safety if thats what you're worrying about. All of us treats Seulgi as our baby. Really. We will send her back before ten." 

 

There has been rumors going around when she started hanging out with Seulgi. Mijoo had warned her previously that she shouldn't get too affection with the bear, and how Red Velvet is very protective of Seulgi. Initially, Yura didnt thought much about it. Since she thought it was natural for the group to be protective over Seulgi. (Seulgi is just too pure for the world) 

 

But Yura didnt know it was this bad. 

 

She didnt know it would be this difficult to bring the bear out just for a simple birthday celebration with the other girls.

She didnt know she would get threatened with a protective leader holding on to kitchen tools. And she certainly do not know why does Irene look so mad at her for bringing Seulgi out once. 

 

"Tell me the exact place." 

The younger fidget when she saw the pair of scissor was near her precious hair. Irene was smirking as she twirl the scissors near her face. 

 

"J-Just the last club down the street." 

 

"Alright. Thanks." Yura could finally breathe when Irene stopped questioning her and pulled the scissors away from her hair and gave her a smile. 

 

Seconds later, Seulgi came out hastily from her room. She had changed into simple casual white tee and riped jeans. Yura never felt more than relieve to see her junior than now. She quickly stood up on her toes and bowed to Irene.

 

"I-It was nice talking to you, Irene-ssi. I guess i will take my leave now." 

Irene just gave her a curt nod before turning her attention to Seulgi, giving her a look. 

 

"Yura unnie, will you wait for me in your car? I will join you in a second." 

 

Not wanting to be in the same room with a certain bae any longer, Yura agreed to it and turned her herls before fleeing from the dorm    or more precisely, Bae Joohyun. 

 

"You scare her didn't you?" Seulgi scoffed as she placed her jacket on the couch and put on her socks.

 

She didnt bother looking at Irene.

 

Seulgi was mad. 

 

She was mad because Irene was being rude to her friend and Yura was not only her friend about also their senior. Irene should respect their senior more and not be threatening and scaring the rapper off just because she's isnt happy with her. 

 

"Are you sure you're going to leave your girlfriend here in this lonely dorm and go out with your chicks?" Irene questioned coldly with her arms folded.

 

Seulgi sighed. 

 

She didn't want it to happened either. Like Irene, she also wanted to just stay in and cuddle like always. But since they had a little argument earlier, Seulgi thought that it would be better for them to be separated for a while. Moreover, Seulgi had missed her friends. 

 

"I'll be back." 

Frowning, Irene glared at her girlfriend who had just got up on her feet after putting on her shoe.

 

She pulled Seulgi's arm and hissed, "You are going to regret the moment you step out of here and choose to spend the rest of the night with your chicks." 

 

The younger yanked Irene's hands away, not too gently or it too was harsh. Either way, that action infuriated the leader. It felt like a rejection towards her. Seeing Seulgi walking out of the dorm hurt Irene like a . 

 

"I mean it, Kang Seulgi!" 

 

Still, Seulgi still ignored her. 

 

 

 

 

 

"I'm so sorry about Irene unnie. I hope she didnt scare you too much." Seulgi pouted and apologized once she get on Yura's car.

 

 The older shook her head as she started the engine, "Who would have thought your leader would be so scary? I mean who wouldnt get afraid when someone who obviously hates you are holding on to dangerous tools and talking to you?"

 

Seulgi widen her eyes, "Did she threatened you with the knife or anything?" 

 

"I almost pissed in my pants, Seul. No kidding." Yura felt her shiver down her spine as she recalled the incident. 

 

Seulgi felt bad. 

 

"I'm really sorry, Yura unnie. I don't get why she's acting like this." 

 

Yura giggled and shook her head, ruffling Seulgi's red bangs with her free hand.

"Its not your fault, Seulgi. She's just worried about you. But i guess she's just alittle overboard about it. The way she reacts reminded me of a jealous boyfriend." 

Seulgi tensed up as she fidget uneasily in her seat as she lowered her head down.

 

 

 

 

 

"She is." 

 

 

 

 

 

Seulgi almost screamed when she felt the car stop adruptly, making her jerk forward. She whipped her head towards Yura who was wearing a horrified expression. 

 

 

"ARE YOU SAYING THAT YOU ARE DATING HER?" 

The younger sighed and nodded, "I'm sorry i should have told you earlier." 

Yura facepalmed as she stepped on the gas again after realising that she had just stopped her car in the middle of a busy traffic. 

"No wonder she's being so protective over you."

 

Seulgi huffed, "I don't understand why. I'm just going out to hang out with my friends. You don't get it unnie. She's always being insecure about me being with another girl. Its cute at first but its starting to annoy me. Especially with her when she get rude towards them." 

 

The older girl kept shut, upon realising that she had unwittingly caused troubles. 

 

"Do you want me to return back? Are you sure its okay to leave her alone in the dorm? Wouldn't it get worser?" Yura questioned timidly, she could sense that Seulgi wasnt in her usual hyper and happy mood. 

 

Seulgi shook her head with an apologetic smile, "Its okay. We both need time to be away from each other anyway. Plus, i really miss all of my friends whom i believe are complaining about us being late already."

 

Yura laughed as Seulgi showed her their chat group which was being bombarded with complaints. 

 

 

 

 

 

Its been quite a while since Seulgi was able to feel like she was just an ordinary student celebrating her advance birthday with her friends. She was overjoy and also excited about meeting her friends that she forget everything that happened just half an hour ago. 

 

"Aigoo, look at how happy our little bear is. Are you that happy to spend time with us?"

 

YooA smiled adorably as she wiped off some whipped cream that was stained on Seulgi's lips.

 

"Very grateful that you guys take the time off to celebrate my birthday. Really, thank you! You guys are the best!" Seulgi shoved her thumbs up with a huge grin. 

 

Nayeon ruffled her hair, "Anything for our baby bear!" 

 

Seulgi raised a brow at the younger girl, "Baby bear? I'm older than almost all of you except for Yura unnie and my 94-liner friends."

All of them shrugged.

"Nonetheless, you are still the baby bear. Even if we are younger than you." Jisoo giggled and hugged Seulgi's side, while the rest agreed.

 

All of the sudden, Seulgi felt herself shivering from the cold air. She looked around only to find out that she had left her jacket in the dorm. 

"Are you cold?" Mijoo questioned as she saw Seulgi's lips getting dry and pale. The bear nodded and shrugged her shoulder with a grin, "I'll be fine." 

 

Yura almost bulged her eyes out when Jisoo and Nayeon pulled Seulgi back onto the couch and hug the birthday girl tightly, giving her warmth. All she could think of was hell bae playing in her head repeatedly. She turned to Mijoo and pulled her aside. 

 

"What's wrong unnie?"

 

"Do you know about Seulgi and Irene unnie dating?" 

 

Mijoo jaw dropped as she turned her head to look at the other girls and was relieved to see them being busy with Seulgi, "How did you know?" 

 

"Seulgi told me earlier on when i went to her dorm to pick her up." 

 

The younger widen her eyes, "You went to her dorm? Did you saw Irene unnie?" 

 

Yura nodded and rolled her eyes.

 

"Stupid Seulgi should have told me Irene unnie was her girlfriend! If not i wouldn't go and sent myself to hell with Irene unnie holding up with knife and scissors going after me and questioning me like i'm a criminal." 

 

Mijoo burst out laughing and slapped the latter's arm lightly, "Right. Irene unnie is really protective of Seul. But i can understand why. Just look at your dongsaeng." 

 

Both of them diverted their attention to Seulgi who was smiling at the other girls being clingy over her. 

 

"Are you sure you're going to leave those girls acting like this towards Seulgi? I don't want any of them to face hellbae." Yura questioned with her brows frowed when Jisoo gets alittle too close to Seulgi. She was sure that if Irene were to see this, those Jisoo, Nayeon and YooA won't be able to walk out of the club alive.

 

The taller sighed, "No idea. I'm still waiting for Seulgi to split the fact about her being taken to them." 

 

"Right. Why can't she just tell us from the begginning? So that we would be more careful with our level of affection." 

 

Mijoo shifted uncomfortably as she looked at Jisoo who was smiling so brightly at her same aged friend. 

 

"You know how Seulgi is too overly kind. She doesn't like to hurt anyone." Yura nodded, letting Mijoo to continue, "Apparently, Jisoo had sort of confessed to her."

 

Yura face-palmed. She knew Jisoo had something for Seulgi from the start when she saw how the blackpink member's eyes would spark brightly whenever Seulgi gives her the attention. But sadly, Seulgi's taken by Irene Bae aka   hellbae.

 

"You mean Seulgi doesn't want to hurt Jisoo's feeling by telling her that she's taken?" 

 

Mijoo nodded and sighed, "I've told her that it wou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter