Doubt

Mochi To Muscles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When she woke up, she was alone.

She knew it was a dream. If Jimin was there, he would have been snuggling with her until she woke up and got up to play with him.

She had a headache from all the drinking from last night. She wasn’t drunk, but alcohol always tends to make her feel like this- which is why she chooses not to drink.

She rose from bed and made her way downstairs to greet her parents at the breakfast table.

“Good morning, sweetie” her mother smiled as she was finishing cooking up the food. Dad was reading the newspaper before folding it up and looking at her.

“Why are you looking at me like that?” she asked, giving him a sideways head tilt. He was giving her a 'I’m disappointed in you' type of stare and it was quite annoying.

“Did you really go out with Song Jonghyun last night? I thought I taught you better!” he tsked me, showing hints of disgust when he said his name. Dad didn’t like the Song family, for reasons obvious to anyone with ears and eyes.

“I thought it would be helpful if we got an extra plot of land” she muttered, snacking on some kimchi that was left on the table before getting my hand smacked by dad for touching the food others would eat off of.

“Jimin would be disappointed in you”

“Well dad, Jimin isn’t here anymore. I would appreciate it if you would stop bringing him up for everything I do!” she hit her hand down on the table, causing her dad to get angry. There was about to be a heated argument.

She got out of her seat, skipping breakfast and just went down to the fields for work. She wasn’t in the mood anymore. If she heard the “J” word one more time today, she was going to scream.

She knew she shouldn't have yelled at her father. She should have apologized, but she was tired of him bringing Jimin's name into every situation she made. She knew what was best for the company, and she wasn't thinking about a boy who ghosted her.

 

The fields were muddy as all hell could be. She took in a deep breath of the morning after rain smell, it was lovely. However, her luck never lasts too long because the noise of Mr. Songs’ voice radiated in her ear like an annoying mosquito.

She turned her head and he was heading in her direction. She tried her best to hold back her displeasure and disdain.

“What can I do for you, Mr. Song?” she asked, trying her best to hold a smile. He hacked on his cigar, “You blew it Yejin! Jonghyun said you were quite rude to him!”

“ME? It was all him!” she hollered loudly. She didn’t mean to but she was caught so off guard to such an apparent lie. It was actually quite comical, but it still riled her up.

“Who are you yelling at, young lady? Is that any way to speak to your elder?” he hollered with such intense eyes.

“Sorry” she muttered lowly. He took another drag of his cigar, “Jonghyun said you were quite obnoxious, a lush, and more promiscuous than he thought you were. Kind of figured the way you threw yourself at those moochers son” he chastised her, carelessly spewing lies right in her face.

She was so fed up with him. She had to ball her hands into fists to prevent herself from hitting him square in the jaw.

“Excuse you? Obnoxious? NO. A lush? THINK AGAIN. Promiscuous? AS IF. Everything Jonghyun stated was EVERYTHING he put me through. As for Jimin, I told you once and I will tell you again; keep your freaking mouth shut about him. I don’t care if you’re my elder. You’re so disrespectful and so is your son. Screw your plot of land, we don’t need it. NOW GET OFF MY FARM, YOU OLD HAG!”

“Why you little…” he rose his arm

“Mr. Song!” Jimin’s father hollered from behind her. Mr. Song’s eyes followed the voice and put his arm down.

“What do you think you’re doing?” Mr. Park asked, his face was tense. “I’m teaching this brat to respect her elders” he hacked, causing some phelm to come up and spat it on the ground. “You mustn’t worry about my daughter-in-law, worry about your good for nothing son.”

“Shouldn’t you be worried about your own son, Mr. Park? I mean, he is a “KPOP STAR” or something like that. I’m sure that’s an excuse to get away from your pathetic and the ty life you provided for him. Have a good day” he bickered, taking one last drag of his cigar and throwing it into Yejin fields as he walked away. Luckily the field was still extremely moist, so it extinguished immediately.

“Are you alright?”

“I’m fine, sir. I’m sorry for what happened”

“Don’t apologize. He is such a bitter old man. I would be bitter too if I had a lowly son like his” he huffed, “Speaking of sons, did you meet with Jimin last night?”

“So he did actually come”

“He told me you were quite angry with him. What for? I thought you were dying to see him?”

“Mr. Park…. I waited for five years to see him. He obviously didn’t care about me since he didn’t even try to contact me. He is not my mochi from before.”

“You still love him, don’t you?”

“My love for him will not change, but love dies eventually and one should eventually move on.”

“You don’t mean that.”

She let out a long sigh, “Jimin still holds a very special place in my heart. I’m just upset because it took him too long to come back. He acted like everything was fine when he knows its not.”

“Well, he is back now. Make your time with him count since he isn't here for long.”

Yejin watched Mr. Park walk through the fields to an area he had been working on previously before Mr. Song had come to bicker with them. She cocked her head back and continued to work. Her mind needed to be cleared, or rather the fact, that she needed to put her thoughts in order.

 

After several hours of adding more soil to the plot of land for it to absorb the overly saturated soil and picking up debris from the flood; she left the field.

She went back home because she still felt awful about yelling at her father but the moment she went to the kitchen, she heard her parents talking to someone. She peered in and noticed Jimin sitting at the table, giving her family that typical cute grin he is famous for.

Their eyes meet and she turned away and stormed up to her room. She could hear his footsteps shortly after hers- following her.

“Yejin!”

“Leave me alone!”

“I’m sorry, okay!”

She turned around to face him, “No you’re not, because if you were sorry then you would have kept in touch with me instead of ghosting me for five dang years Park Jimin.” 

Tears rolled down her face and she used her palms to smudge them away to the best of her ability. She hated crying because it showed others how emotionally weak she was.

Jimin pulled her into a hug and her hands pressed against his stomach to push away, but they gave out. Yejin began to sob into his chest, “How could you ignore me like that for so long? You’re so mean!”.

He sighed and continued to hold her close, he felt guilty. “Who told my mochi to get muscles?!” she could hear him chuckle at her comment.

He used his hand to pet the back of her head, “It feels good to be back home. I’ve missed you so much, Yejin.” He pulled her back and wiped the remaining tears off her face, “Who told you that you were allowed to get even more beautiful?”.

She tried to pull her face away from him, but he held it tightly in his hands. “You have mascara on, lip tint, some bb cream and blush, and even got your eyebrows done. You’re definitely not the Yejin I know” he smirked, showing that cute and dorky eye smile.

“Look who's talking! Your hair is not this dark, your jawline is so defined and sharp, your face has NO amount of fat mochiness to it, and you have a 6 pack! Who are you? The only way I could tell it was you was because of your smile and eyes”

“But you missed another thing that has stayed the same”

She hummed.

He took her hand and placed it over his heart. “My heart still gets anxious when I’m around you” he bashfully giggled. She hit him in the chest and tried to hid the blush that was making an appearance on her face.

“Oh yeah, you’re still the same” she laughed, "Still very cheesy with your words".

She was relieved to know that even though five years had passed, her mochi was still there under all those muscles. His outer appearance may have changed, but he was still the same Busan kid she knew.

“You know, I don’t mean to be mean- but you smell like a swamp”

She pulled herself back from Jimin and pulled her t-shirt next to her nose and made a slight face. She did reek. “Yeah. You’re right. I was working at the field.”

Jimin pat her  and pushed her to the bathroom, “Go get washed up and let’s go hang out. I’m on limited time here and I want to spend every second with you”.

She tried to stop him so she could grab clothes, but he continued to push her into the bathroom. “I will get your clothes picked out. Don’t worry about it! Just shower and I will bring them in”

“WHAT DO YOU MEAN BRING THEM IN?! NO!”

“You act like I haven’t seen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter