5 year difference

Mochi To Muscles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Five years had passed and she hardly spoke to Jimin.

His letters were short and his text messages were basically non-existent or just left her on ‘read’. She knew he was going through training and preparing for other stuff. The only thing she knew was that he debuted about a year ago in a group that he never mentioned, and since there are several groups that had debuted and keep debuting; she doesn't have the time to hunt him down.

In the passing years, her father ended up getting pretty sick and later they found out he had liver cancer. Her mother had to take care of him and since there was no one to look after the farm, Yejin became the person in charge of the farm.

Her life consisted of waking up in the early mornings to collect any eggs from the chickens, feed the other animals, and maintained the farm with other workers. Not only manual labor, but she had paperwork and meetings with grocery stores and other local farms. Jimin’s parents ended up having to sell their farm due to lack of sales and useless soil and she couldn’t leave them without a job, so she made them co-owners of the farm.

During her free time, she looked after Jimin’s younger brother when his parents had meetings in other cities in Korea.

There were times when she would sit in Jimin’s room and imagine that his cute mochi face would be curled in a ball whining how he didn’t want to go to school because he wasn’t prepared for an exam or didn't do his homework.

She missed him, very much. She cried a lot since he was gone. She was alone. She didn’t have any other friends. She was bullied a lot in school because she was a farm girl and since Jimin was also a farm kid, he got bullied as well. That’s how they met and connected.

Through mutual suffering.


 

“Yejin, I talked over the expansion over onto the other side of the street with Mr. Song, he agreed to give up that section of his land if we paid him about 3 million KRW.” Mr Park said as he knelt down next to her, her hands encased in mud as she was planting lotus roots.

“Three million KRW? Jesus, he is milking us. Erm, let me finish planting these and I will check the financial situation to see if we can afford it; if not, will you try and talk him down to perhaps two million or even just a million?” she wiped my forehead, accidentally smearing mud across it.

“I don’t know if that’ll work. He’s been nagging me since last week to have you go talk to him about it” Mr. Park mentioned snickering a bit, “I think he likes you or at least is trying to set you up with his son Jonghyun.”

Her face creased a bit, “Ew. Yeaaah, not interested in either of them”.

“Profit is profit. You gotta do what you gotta do!”.

“MR. PARK!!” She hollered, appalled he would even think of something like that.

Mr. Park laughed loudly, “I’m just teasing. Have you talked to Jimin lately?”

Her eyes shot down as she continued to plant the lotus roots, “Jimin won’t talk to me. He reads my texts but never replies.”

“Oh… that boy. You know, he is very busy. I called him last week and he said he was going from Osaka to Hong kong and back to Seoul for a music award show and had a few concerts in Seoul he had to prepare for. He is being worked to his bone. I’m sure he means well and will contact you soon”.

“I know. I would just like a text from him simply saying “Hi” or even “Good morning/ Good night” but I’m probably asking for too much”

“Soon my future daughter-in-law, soon” he got up and left.

She hid her face in her arms to hide her embarrassment at the comment Jimin’s father made. That was something she should be used to hearing by now since everyone roots for them to be together, but something like that still sends her heart through a loop.

After the embarrassment faded away, a feeling of dread came through. She didn’t want to talk to Mr. Song. He was so sketchy and erted, but business is business and she had to be an adult about the situation despite her feelings towards her future clients.

 

She finished planting the lotus, washed up quickly, and walked across the street to Mr. Song’s farm. He had the biggest farm in Busan next to Yejin's, but due to old age and lack of mobility- he is slowly giving up his farm, but not without a price.

Yejin opened the door to the office of his farm and saw him sitting at his desk with a cigar in his mouth. His eyes locked onto hers and that made her skin crawl. “Yejin!” he hacked. “Hello Mr. Song” she politely bowed.

“I was wondering when you were going to show your face instead of those moochers who live off you. I'm tired of seeing them.” he took a drag of his cigar and blew it out into the air. She fanned the smoke away from her face, “Those ‘Moochers’ are co-owners of my farm and also my best friends parents. Watch your mouth, please” she gave him a sour face.

“Yeah yeah yeah. So, I was told you want the south part of my farm” he cracked his knuckles as he sat up straight in his chair to give her his full attention.

She took a seat that was in front of his desk and stared at him, “Yes. I would like to expand my farm over to the south side of your farm. Since the south side is closer to our fields, I thought it would be easier for our farm to maintain it. I did hear that you want 3 million for your plot, is that correct?”

“That is correct. I want three million KRW for it.”

She dipped my head down a bit, “Is there any way you could negotiate a deal with me and drop it down to two million?”

He hacked on his cigar, “A deal? Well, I could perhaps drop it down to two million if you go on a date with Jonghyun.”

She wanted to throw up. His son was just as disgusting as he was, but worse. She had to twiddle her thumbs to hide the nervousness, but also to give her something to do with her hands so she doesn't get angry and punch him.

“Erm, you do know I am dating someone, right?. I don't believe a date would be appropriate”.

“We all know those moochers son is not dating you. The whole town knows about you both being nothing but friends with benefits. Besides, he left you here in Busan for how many years? He hasn't come back for you”.

“We are NOT friends with benefits. You wouldn’t understand what Jimin and I share, whatever.”

“Do we have a deal or not?” he narrowed his eyes, annoyed of the relationship dialogue.

“Just one date?”

“You could go on more if you’d like”

“No, I’m fine. I will do it.” She dug her fingers into her thighs. The thought was so disgusting, but it was only a few hours and it would be over and she would have about 50 acres of land to use and make more money from. 

“Jonghyun will pick you up Thursday night when he is back from Seoul.” Mr. Song smirked. Yejin put on a fake smile, “I can’t wait” and left the office slightly gagging.

She stomped her foot down once she got outside. She knew that geezer had a hidden agenda, but she would make sure that his son and her would have no more meetings in the future after their little "date" in two days

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter