Prologue: His departure

Mochi To Muscles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I swear to God Park Jimin, if you throw another beetle on me. I will make you eat dirt!” She yelled at Jimin who was laughing like an absolute child at his "funny" antics. She puffed her cheeks out in frustration at her best friend.

“Oh come on Yejin, the beetles love you. Stop denying their love!” he grinned cheekily. She stomped over the piles of cow manure that she had spread around the farm fields just an hour ago and pinched Jimin’s mochi cheeks, “Hmm! Come again Mochi?”

Jimin let out a whine and she smirked with gratification that perhaps she would win this fight. “Yah yah yah. Yejin, that really hurts” Jimin pouted and rubbed his cheek. She squished his face together and smiled, “Look at my little mochi!” she cooed happily at her best friend.

Jimin frowned a bit before grabbing her hands and lowering them from his face and holding them slightly. “You know I’m leaving tomorrow to Seoul, right?” he muttered sadly. She pressed her lips together tightly. She knew he was leaving. She just wished he wasn’t.

“I know. You’re going to do absolutely amazing Jiminnie” she smiled. Jimin let out a small smile and breath, “I know. I’m just worried. You know?”

“You’ll be fine. You passed the auditions, now it’s just the training. Before you know it you’ll be a top star idol! I believe in you!” she squeezed his hands, hoping that she somehow made a slight impact of comfort on his end.

“You’re right” he smiled and let go of her hands. “I gotta go pack now, sorry I can’t help you finish with the field” he scratched the side of his face, “You’re coming to see me off in the morning, right?”

“Of course I will! I’ll see you at the train station at 6:30!” She smiled, trying to surpress any sadness she had within.

Jimin began to walk away and that was when she felt something scratching in her hand. She opened her hand and a beetle was inside. She screamed and her eyes shot at Jimin who was picking up pace, “YOU DON’T HAVE TO PACK! THAT WAS AN EXCUSE. YOU’RE NOT GOING TO SEOUL ANYMORE BECAUSE I’M GONNA KILL YOU!”

She began to haul over to Jimin whose foot ended up getting stuck into a mudpit and she tackled his chubby body into the mud. They rolled around in the mud a little bit before she tried to open his mouth to put some of the mud inside like she had warned him from earlier.

He was laughing so hard, and that got her laughing. They began to throw mud at each other before they both got reprimanded by her father who was only a few yards away “Stop fooling around kids! You’re gonna ruin the cabbage!”

“Sorry dad”

“Sorry Mr. Bae”

Jimin and Yejin look at each other and snickered. She was going to miss moments like these, because without her best friend- Life is dull and harsh.

 

The sun began to set and Jimin and Yejin were holding hands, walking down the street. When they stopped at her house, she didn’t want to say goodbye just yet. “Do you want to go have pork belly?” she asked, trying to stall for time.

He shook his head, “I don’t have money to go out and eat like that. You know that!”.

Jimin and his family was quite poor compared to her family. The Bae family owned a pretty well known farm and Jimin’s family was pretty small in comparison, but their families always helped each other out.

“My treat! I want one last meal with you before you go” she pushed out her bottom lip and tugged on his arm. Jimin sighed a bit, he hated her paying for things since he couldn’t ever repay her back.

“Pleeeaaaase” she begged, tugging on his arm a bit more. He let out a breath of his defeat, “Alright. One last time, because when I become famous- I will spoil the hell out of you” he stated, his eyebrows furrowed.

She poked his cheeks and smirked, “I don’t need any repayment. Just having you by my side is good enough”. Jimin pulled her along trying to hide his embarrassment of her comment.

They both sat down at a barbeque place nearby and Yejin ordered all of Jimin’s favorite foods. “Don’t you think this is too much?” he asked shocked as she gave back the menu to the worker. “Obviously, but when will you ever get the chance to eat all this food again? You know they’re going to overwork you to death, I just want to make sure my mochi is well fed” she cupped her hands together on the table.

Jimin nodded slightly and soon one by one, the food started to come. She made sure he ate a lot. Watching him eat is what she enjoyed the most. She worried that he won’t eat a lot during training, so she wanted to fatten him up as much as possible.

“Do you think if I debut, my group would be very popular?” he asked, munching on some deok in between words. She looked up and smiled, “Of course! You’re going to have so many fans!”

“Are you getting jealous that others girls are going to think I am a totally hottie” he smiled with his typical eye smile that makes her heart melt. “What? No! I’m just saying” she muttered.

Was she going to be a tad jealous? Of course. Jimin is her first love and she didn’t want other girls to fawn over him.

He reached over and ruffled her hair, “You know my heart is with you, Noona!” he smiled. “Yah! Don’t call me Noona. I’m only a few months older than you!” she crossed her arms. “I like calling you Noona though!” he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter