I dont want to be friends anymore

Mochi To Muscles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yejin's alarm went off at it’s usual time at 5:15am. It was still really dark when she opened her eyes, which was normal.

She was too mentally exhausted, physically as well, to even bother with the farm. She lazily dismissed the alarm, placed the phone under her pillow, and snuggled back into bed for a moment more- until more warmth had engulfed her. She jolted a bit, forgetting about Jimin sleeping over.

It would have been nice to snuggle into his warm arms and continue to sleep next to his side, but priorities were more important than a moment of fondness and comfort. She was going to force herself out of bed to go to work despite how much she wanted to sleep in.

Last night was really needed. Jimin comforted her while she spewed out all her frustrations and cuddled with her until she fell asleep. Her heart felt lighter and she didn't feel like a hollow shell of a person anymore.

She stayed in his warm embrace for a couple more minutes, relishing in the warmth that radiated from his sleeping body. She wiggled herself out of Jimin’s grasp and quietly got dressed in the dark.

With the creek of the door, it startled Jimin awake.

“Where are you going?” he sleepily muttered, almost incomprehensible, lifting his head up slightly from the pillow.

“I have work. Go back to sleep”.

“I’ll go too!” he muttered, shifting disorientedly in the bed trying to get out.

“No, you sleep some more! I’ll be back later, okay?”

“Alright”

Jimin turned his body in bed and went back into a peaceful slumber within a few seconds of closing his eyes. She quickly and quietly slipped out of the room and out of the house, not wanting to wake anyone up.

The cold morning air felt refreshing. The way the cold breeze kissed her skin and created goosebumps helped wake her up. She stretched and let out a large sigh and she began to stroll down to the farms office, greeting a couple workers who were already heading to the field.

 

Yejin spent a few hours taking a look through financial statements and making follow-up phone calls to markets around Busan.

“I understand what you mean, Sir. If we raise you by 10% then that would help cover the costs of-”

“Oh yes, I understand!”

“We are currently restocking the produce and taking inventory. I will count up everything you have requested and have them sent to you by the opening of your market tomorrow morning”.

“Yes sir, it is a pleasure working with you too. Have a good day!”.

The moment that she had hung up the phone, she had another incoming call.

“Bae family farms, owner Bae Yejin speaking. How may I assist you?”

A cough came over the speaker followed by a grumble, “This is Jonghyun”. Naturally her eyes rolled, “What do you want?” she muttered. “I believe you owe me an apology for pushing me into the bar stools. I spent several hours at the hospital for my ribcage and the xray bill is expensive”.

“It’s not my fault you got so drunk you couldn’t maintain your balance. I don’t owe you an apology. You owe me one for harassing me!”

“You were going to come with me anyways. Don’t act like I was forcing you!”

“BULL. I was never going to go with you. I never wanted to be on that date in the first place”

“Don’t you want that piece of the farm? Father is heated about you disrespecting him and me. All you have to do is come apologize and just spend one night with me. I promise I'll show you a good time”.

“Spend the night with you? Hell no!” she snorted.

“Not like you have anyone else to spend time with you. You’re a loner. Sadly, a beautiful one at that. Why not Yejin? Come over tonight”.

“I RATHER BE A LONER THAN SLEEP WITH SOME SLEEZE BALL LIKE YOU. DON’T CONTACT ME AGAIN!”

She angrily hung up the phone with a harsh slam. It wasn’t even 10am and she was heated and now in a fowl mood. She disliked the Song family, and now it seemed like dislike has turned to hate.

Yejin placed her head down on her desk and let out a deep breath; to relieve myself of some of her anger before she was able to calmly return back to her professional work state.

A tap on the desk startled her.

The scent of hot coffee filled her nose before she even registered that Jimin was standing in front of her, with two cups in hand.

“Morning. I brought you some coffee to help wake you up. Since when did you start waking up at the crack of dawn for work?” he asked, handing her a cup and taking a seat across from her with his.

Her hands gripped the plastic cup, letting the heat warm up her cold hands. “About 2-3 years ago” she sipped on the dark liquid. Jimin tilted in his chair a bit, “I was going to scold you for not getting enough sleep, but I can’t since my schedule is pretty similar”.

A small smile appeared on her face. “Thank you for last night. I know I probably talked your ear off, but I had so much to get off my chest that I just couldn’t stop. I hope I wasn't a burden!”.

He leaned over and pinched her cheek softly, “My ears are always open for you”. Yejin wiggled her finger at him, “I don’t believe you, Mr. Disappear”. Jimin whined a bit and took a sip of his coffee.

“Yejin, I told you already. I didn’t plan for any-”

“I’m just teasing you, Jimin.”

“I know, Noona”

“You want to get hit, don’t you?”

That cheeky grin of his appeared again that sent butterflies into her stomach again. Her eyes shot downwards and Jimin could tell by the atmosphere that something had changed. He wasn't sure what it was, but it was unsettling.

“Do you think I look handsome now that I lost weight?”

Yejin looked at him in surprise. She scanned his face, examining what had changed since she had last seen him.

“No matter how much weight you lose, you’ll always be handsome. Granted I prefer you with some more chubby cheeks, but I-” she blushed a bit, “I think you look y with muscles” she stammered in a long run-on sentence.

Jimin leaned closer, “I’m sorry, I didn’t catch that. Repeat that!”

Her face felt red and hot. “Nevermind!” she blurted got up and left the office. She could hear Jimin cackling from behind her. She fanned her face as she walked through the fields to talk to Mr. Park whom was talking to some other farm workers about today’s produce.

“Hey kids” Mr. Park smiled, “Where were you last night, kiddo?” he questioned his son.

“Sorry dad. I was at Yejin’s!” Jimin rubbed his cheek.

“All night?” his father cocked his eyebrow.

“Mr. Park, please don’t be mad. Jimin ended up falling asleep after he consoled me. I got into an argument with my father and Jimin stayed over to cheer me up-”.

Mr. Park laughed lightly. “I’m not upset, I was just curious. I’m sorry to hear about you and your father. Was it because of Jonghyun?”

“Yes. You know how dad feels about him”.

“Do you want me to talk to him? I mean, I kinda pushed you two to have that date. So it's only fair that I clear up that misunderstanding”.

“You advised my girlfriend to go on a date with another guy? Dad…” Jimin whined, appalled that his father would betray him like that. He was still not thrilled about reuniting with Yejin that night in that manner either. He now had that question answered.

Both Mr. Park and Yejin ignored Jimin's whining.

“Don’t bother. What’s done is done and he will continue to be mad for awhile, but he’ll get used to it. I think his medication makes him a bit more emotional than before.”

“That’s good to hear. I’ll still have a chat with him. Anyways, why are you working? You two should be spending some time together while you have the opportunity”.

“There’s still work to do and I can’t just ignore my job just because Jimin is here”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter