Tol and Smol (2/?)

tales of fire and ice

Tol and Smol

uni!au ; domestic!au

you're just a short brown haired boy who plays football so tell me why am i addicted to you than i am to any drug

-Park Chanyeol (no doubt)


Minseok and Chanyeol kind of grew apart after that, rather than messing with Minseok while Kyungsoo's nowhere to be found, Chanyeol would be talking to Yixing instead. They don't hang out anymore, they used to have Friday movie nights with Lu Han and Yixing but now there's only the three of them. He's probably lying to himself if he said it doesn't hurt, he grew accustomed of Chanyeol's daily antics that it made him miss the younger.

Chanyeol kept on turning on his bed but nothing happens (whenever he tries to close his eyes he sees Minseok's smile and it's so damn beautiful), he tried everything but he still can't ing sleep. Minseok's words still lingers in his mind, "I like someone else."

Who is that person? Have they seen Minseok-hyung smile or laugh? Have they heard his (lame) jokes? That person's the luckiest in the world, the cutest human being likes them and they weren't even trying. Unlike him, who tried his best to make Minseok smile, to laugh at his jokes, to see him all the time.

The alarm blared and Chanyeol opened his eyes, he did’t sleep though, he just closed his eyes. It’s still morning but Chanyeol already felt like giving up since it’s another day of ignoring Minseok, he sat up then stared at the window for a while. The weather is good, making Chanyeol even more bitter, “Why’s the weather good while my life isn’t?” 

He stood up from his bed and went to the bathroom, he looked at the mirror and stared at his reflection. “You used to look so good Chanyeol-ah, woah your under eyes are so noticeable.”

He brushed his teeth and washed his face then went back to his room to change his clothes, after his morning routine he met up with the guys in the cafeteria downstairs. Most of them are there except for Lu Han and Minseok, but Chanyeol didn’t think too much of it. 

Breakfast is almost over and Minseok and Lu Han are still nowhere to be found, Chanyeol stopped himself from thinkin too much about it. Everyone knows their relationship is platonic, no matter how touchy they are with each other, at least that’s what Chanyeol thinks. 

There is a possibility that Minseok somehow developed feelings for his best friend.

“Hurry up Lu Han! God! Why did I ask you to wake me up when you couldn’t even wake yourself up?!” An awfully familiar voice can be heard throughout the cafeteria, Chanyeol turned his head so fast it actually hurt.

“I’m sorry okay?! I binge watched Game of Thrones last night.” The two eldest of the group were panting when they reached their table, while everyone was already done eating. 
“Hyung.” Chanyeol was holding a banana towards Minseok, “Just in case you couldn’t eat.” He continued. 

He can hear Baekhyun snickering in the background when Minseok grabbed the banana and smiled gratefully at him. “Minseokkie hyung accepted Chanyeolie’s ‘banana’.” Baekhyun whispered to Jongdae, and the two burst out laughing.

-—- 

It took a long time before things went back to normal between the two of them, they still talk but not as before the most conversation they had was probably when Chanyeol asked for Minseok to tutor him,

Until…

“Hello?” A knock can be heard outside his dorm room, Chanyeol looked at his roommate, who was sleeping and making those annoying (cute) puppy noise, wondering if Baekhyun invited someone and forgot about it. 

Chanyeol is still up due to the song he was currently writing, he’s mind is flooded with inspirations (he was thinking about Minseok’s smile but go off yeol) and he couldn’t stop writing. 

“Chanyeol?” This time the knock was even louder, he walked up to the door and opened it. The sight made his heart burst. 

Minseok is outside his dorm, and he looks drunk. The older was swaying until he held the doorframe for assistance, Minseok looked up at him and smiled, although he passed out after.

Even though he has a weak reflex, Chanyeol still managed to catch the smaller. “Hyung, wake up!” He tried to call out but it didn’t manage to get through.

He brought the older inside and closed the door behind him, he dragged Minseok to his bed and laid him down. He brushed the smaller’s hair out of his forehead, and stared at him for a while. 

Minseok started to stir and he opened his eyes a little, “Hyung, are you okay?” The taller asked. The other is now looking at him with wide eyes, “Why did you stopped talking to me Chanyeol-ah? Did you know that I missed you? I was actually waiting for you to talk to me first, but you didn’t!” He pouted. 

Chanyeol has a ing zoo inside his stomach now, “W-why did you wait hyung?” He croaked. “Can’t you see it? I like you, you big oaf! I like your smile, I like your eyes, I like your voice, I like everything about you!” 

Okay, Chanyeol is getting ing dizzy. He didn’t expect his long time crush would be confessing to him while in a drunk state, is he dreaming? Is he imagining this ?

He wanted to broke down crying, he doesn’t have a reason to ignore Minseok now, he doesn’t have to be scared to talk to him, because HE is the guy that Minseok likes. 

But maybe he did cry since the older’s face scrunched and brought his hand to the taller’s face, but he doesn’t care, this is the happiest moment of his life. “I like you too hyung.” At least he managed to say that before the smaller closed his eyes.

-—- 

“Good morning, baby.” Minseok’s eyes opened and saw the love of his life first thing in the morning. “Good morning, love,” He greeted back.

They both have work today but neither of them were making an effort to move, “Are you going to get up?” the smaller asked his boyfriend, “Good joke.”

“Are you sleeping again?” Chanyeol has wrapped his arms around the older.

“Shush. Pillows aren’t supposed to talk.”

“Yeol, we need to get up we have work.” Minseok groaned. But the other just grumbled and paid no attention to him. 

Minseok removes his boyfriend’s arms around him, he sits up and looks at Chanyeol while the latter stares back at him.

“What?” 

“Nothing.” Minseok shakes his head.

“Fine. I’m up now okay?” Chanyeol rolls his eyes.

Minseok ignores him and goes to the bathroom to brush his teeth, and the taller follows shortly after. 

“Are you gonna delete my internet history if I die?” Chanyeol suddenly asks as he put toothpaste in his toothbrush.

“What kind of person would I be if I didn’t?” Minseok looks at him from the mirror, and sees his boyfriend smiles pleasely. 

The pair finishes their daily routine and heads to their kitchen, despite being a top lawyer and a notable architect, the two lives in a tiny apartment with three bedrooms. They have a room that serves as an office for the both of them and a game room. 

They have clutter all around the living room, much to Minseok’s dismay, with Chanyeol’s personal favourite: the skulls by their coffee table (“What’s with the skulls?” Minseok asked him once, “I think they’re neat.”)

Minseok is busy preparing coffee while Chanyeol is making pancakes, "Yeol make sure to put eggs in the pancakes this time."

And in their kitchen, they have an endless supply of food, thanks to Chanyeol’s love of grocery shopping. The two already have a reputation in their respective fields and despite being busy, they still make sure to have a time with each other (i.e date nights every Saturday). 

The pair are eating their breakfast silently with Chanyeol occasionally glancing at Minseok, he did try to ignore it but the taller never stops. He sighed, "What is it Chanyeol?" looking up at his lover who just stares at him, "Nothing, I just really love watching you eat." Chanyeol smiled shyly. 

Minseok just rolls his eyes even though the corner of his lips slightly twitches, he has gotten used to Chanyeol's quirks and cheesy lines. 

"Do you have a new project coming up?" The smaller asks. Chanyeol's smile drops and nods his head, "Yeah, I got a big one coming up, I don't think I can make it to our date night." Minseok lowers his head, "Oh." He doesn't have a case for a while, and he just needs to visit the office from time to time to check up on Jongdae's s. "Good luck then." He beams. Chanyeol doesnt it buy it though.

"Hyung..." He breathes out, "I'm sorry, you know I really want to have the date night but-" 

"Yeol, it's fine, it's work of course you have to focus to it. I have your back." He reassures his boyfriend. Minseok doesn't really mind, he missed a few of their nights before due to the big cases he worked on, but it's still a pity, he hasn't got some for a while and he just needs a to sit on. 

"I'll just ask the guys to drink out with me this weekend." He adds.

The taller hesitantly nods and looks at his watch, ". I have to go now hyung we have to discuss the project today." He drinks his coffee and walks out of the kitchen with Minseok following, he grabs his coat and tries to fix his necktie. 

But his boyfriend fixes it for him, he still can't believe this beautiful creature is his. Minseok looks up and sees the taller smiling at him with those eyes, he leans in and kisses him on the lips. "Come home early okay? I want to sleep with you there." 

Chanyeol smiles and opens the door, "I promise. I love you!" He walks out. 

"I love you too! Drive safe!" Minseok calls out.

 

Yeah, he'll be going home early when he answers Minseok's call, with the other whining on the other side, begging to be ed.


i dont know if ill write what happened to xiuyeol after they confessed to each other :3 

anyways, this might not be the end of tol and smol since i really like this concept, i might add drabbles about their date nights or some .

see you soon girlies~