Tol and Smol (1/?)

tales of fire and ice

Tol and Smol

uni!au ; domestic!au

I like boys who are alot taller than me, smell good, and give great hugs. So, uh, you. 

-Kim Minseok (probably)


"Chanyeol-ah!! Can you come here for a second?" Minseok shouted from the kitchen. He is having his daily crisis wherein the ingredient he needed for the food he's making, is at the top of the shelf where he can't reach it and his tall boyfriend with long legs is lounging on the sofa in the living room.

Chanyeol stood up from the sofa and walked in the kitchen where he saw Minseok on his tiptoes reaching for the pasta, "Do you need help with that little boy?" he chuckled.

"I'm not little! You're just too tall for a human!" 

Chanyeol eventually reached Minseok and held the other's shoulders to stop him, he shoved his boyfriend to the side and Chanyeol grabbed the pasta easily then faced Minseok while smirking. 

"How old are you?? We've discussed about this and it's not funny anymore! How many times can you POSSIBLY do this before you’re no longer entertained? And don't look at me like that!" Minseok accused him.

"What? I did not do such thing!" Chanyeol gasped, Minseok paid him no attention and took the pasta from the tower's hands and turned his back on him. Minseok actually thought that the younger left the kitchen to continue his errand but Chanyeol was still in the kitchen, he wrapped his arms around the smaller's body and murmured into his ear, "I only did just so you can ask me to help you hyung, it's ok, I know you like doing things on your own but it doesn't hurt to ask me sometime. I don't really mind." 

Minseok smiled and leaned back into his boyfriend's chest, "I know, thank you Chanyeol-ah."

✩°。⋆

Chanyeol and Minseok met back in college when Minseok was a junior and Chanyeol was a sophomore, they met through Jongdae as he was one of Chanyeol's best friend as well as Minseok's cousin.

It was a funny story on how those two met, their friends never thought that they will end up together since Minseok gets cranky whenever Chanyeol's around and Chanyeol annoys Minseok with every chance he get.

"Hyung, this is Chanyeol, he's one of my friends back in highschool. Chanyeol, this is Minseok-hyung, he's my cousin." Jongdae introduced the two.

"Hyung?!" Chanyeol didn't believed that Minseok was older, he actually though the latter was a few years younger than him. Minseok is a short male with round cheeks and round eyes, "Yes, you heard it right I'm a hyung. In fact, I'm two years older than Jongdae." The smaller rolled his eyes, this kind of situation happened too many times (e.g. when Zitao asked him to get him a drink: "Yah freshman, get me a water bottle I'm getting thirsty!". It ended up with Zitao running around the field 18 times.)

Chanyeol's thoughts are: how can a person be this cute? what is this small person? I like it!

Chanyeol ended up following Minseok around campus and sat next to him as they share a few class. Being in the same circle of friends doesn't help either, when Kyungsoo is not around Chanyeol's attention diverts to Minseok who's quietly eating his lunch. At every party they go to, Chanyeol is always in Minseok's field of view.

After a few "just hanging out", the older finally warmed up to the taller and now Chanyeol is constantly cuddling Minseok, but they try to convince everyone it’s not in a romantic way. “I’m just cold.” “He smells nice.” No one believes them. 

And when they both don’t have dates or plans for Valentines Day so they decided to visit the art gallery downtown together. Just as friends, of course. But let's not forget when Chanyeol and Minseok fell asleep while watching movies, and woke up wrapped in each other’s arms. 

And before Chanyeol knew it: “Wow, I fell in love. I’m such an idiot.” 

It's all fun and games, the two hangs out after Minseok's football training but due to the immense amount of pressure, Minseok snapped at practice, where Chanyeol is chatting with Baekhyun instead of practicing. 

"Chanyeol can you leave my mid-fielder alone? He is supposed to be practicing not talking." Minseok glared at the two. 

"Sorry hyung!" Baekhyun ran to the field and left Chanyeol alone to deal with the angry captain. 

"I'm getting bored Minseok-hyung, why do you always practice until late. There's a new eatery I really want to check out with you." Chanyeol pouted.

"No one asked you to be here, if you're getting bored then leave I didn't asked you to wait for me. And who said I want to go with you? I don't even like you!" The people around them can hear Chanyeol's heart breaking. 

"Oh. I see, then I'll go ahead now and check that place alone." Chanyeol nervously laughed. 

After months of being used to Chanyeol's consistent presence, Minseok's college life was back to it's original state. But it's not as peaceful as he thought, whenever Chanyeol looks at him and Minseok meets his eyes the taller would look somewhere as if he's not staring at the smaller.

The guilt is eating Minseok alive, it's not his intention to tell Chanyeol those things in an annoyed way, football season was coming up and his professors were piling them numerous projects that Minseok still needed to finish. Instead of apologizing immediately, Minseok let it died down and focused on the stress he received.

✩°。⋆

The game finally ended and Minseok's team were the champion (with Minseok being this season's MVP), Chanyeol watched the game since most of his friends are in the team (and he wants to support his favorite hyung, but shush).

He's jumping with Jongdae and Baekhyun when he saw one of the players from the other team approach them, "Can I talk to your captain for a minute?" He asked shyly.

Baekhyun didn't hesitate to shout his hyung's name. Minseok, who's taking a picture with Lu Han with the trophy, faced them and asked, "What's up?" 

"Someone's looking for youu~" Baekhyun sang. Minseok approached them and looked at the guy, the smaller nodded and led the other guy farther from them. Chanyeol, who's watching from the side, looked like he wanted to cry.

The guy from the opposing team asked Minseok something in which his eyes widen, Minseok hesitated and gently shook his head, said something and bowed before leaving the stranger.

Minseok and Chanyeol’s eyes met but the smaller looked away immediately, he grabbed Lu Han’s shoulders then dragged him back to the lockers. Chanyeol's gaze never left Minseok's back until they were inside.

"What does that guy want Minseok-hyung?" Baekhyun is prying again and for once Chanyeol is glad that his friend is nosy, Minseok glanced at Chanyeol for a bit then looked down to his food. The team is currently eating barbeque (courtesy to their coaches) as a victory party, but the party only consists of the players and their friends.

"Your conversation looked pretty serious, it's as if he's confessing his feelings for you." Jongdae chuckled, the older tensed and the guys went quiet. "Wait, so he did confess! He likes you even though you're in a different team?" 

Lu Han looked at his best friend who's mouth is still shut, "Guys, stop. It's none of our business whether that guy likes Minseok or not."

"It's fine Han, I don't mind." Minseok smiled slightly, he faced the guys and admitted, "He did confessed, in fact he already confessed 2 seasons ago, I told him that I will never accept his feelings and that I already like someone else."

His friends finally left the topic alone and diverted their attention to someone else (Yi Fan and Junmyeon revealed they're together at last), but Minseok remained quiet. He can feel Chanyeol's eyes on him, 'Oh right, there's still that problem.' he thought. 

The party ended and now they're walking back to the dorms, Minseok was walking alone at the back and Chanyeol is in front of him chatting with Yi Fan.

The smaller grabbed Chanyeol's coat and the taller finally looked at him, "Can I talk to you?" Minseok asked meekly. Chanyeol nodded and they remain in their spot until the other guys were ahead, and Minseok still hasn't released Chanyeol's coat.

"I'm sorry Yeol." The older is looking at the floor, he never felt this nervous before, not even before a game. The younger still hasn't said a word, "I didn't really mean what I said before, it's not like that, I was just stressed and you were there so I found an excuse to release my anger." he continued.

"It's okay hyung." Chanyeol grabbed Minseok's hand and removed it from his coat, the smaller's eyes widen in fear thinking that Chanyeol still hasn't accepted his apology. But he was surprised that Chanyeol didn't let go of his hand, "So you like someone huh?" the taller smiled sadly. 

Minseok didn't replied but instead he nodded and held Chanyeol's hand tighter.