Chapter 5

Traveling To Fate

My eyes widened and his hand moved to my head.

“Uh Dongmin….” I said slowly. He sighed.

“You have some lint in your hair.” He said in resignation, reaching to take it out and show it to me. I stared down at the piece of lint in his fingers like it was a foreign object.

“Ha-ha, its lint!” I said finally, taking it from his fingers and showing it to him feeling very relieved. Dongmin just stood there embarrassed. He’s a bit too reserved to have tried to kiss me anyways.
Why did I think he was going to? Aish, HyunMi you are so paranoid! My heartbeat went back to normal speed; Dongmin went back to folding his clothes while I silently cursed myself for a moment of utter stupidity.

“Oh yeah, that’s right. I wanted to ask you something.” He said breaking the silent. My eyes widened again and I quickly walked to the washer to keep my expression hidden away from his vision.

“Sure, what is it?”
omo...what is he going to say? Mika said he was going to ask me something…

“Well…I wanted to ask you something, it’s sort of personal.” My eyes got even bigger, I gulped.

“Yeah?” I turned around to look at him…he looked a tad embarrassed.

“Do you think you can try to get me an autograph from Taemin?” My mouth dropped open.
Did I hear him correctly? He wanted to ask me this?!

“An autograph…that’s what you want? I thought you were going to say you had a crush on me or Mika or something like that! ” I exclaimed in surprise. Dongmin shyly looked away from me and coughed.

“Crush? Emm, no…sorry for giving you the wrong impression. I want his autograph. Considering all this craziness with the fans at your door and things like bugging you to give him stuff, I didn’t know if you would be okay with me asking that. Plus you might be nervous around him and stuff.”

“Dongmin, of course I’ll try to get his autograph! Omo…I will try hard so maybe you and the others can maybe even meet him!” I replied becoming excited over the idea. “Taemin is really nice, I had no idea you were a fan.”

“Oh well, SHINee seem like cool guys.” I smiled.

“Why were you being all strange about it?” he looked flustered.
What’s the deal? Surely no one can become so embarrassed over an autograph. Was that really what he wanted to ask me?

“Haha, I wasn’t being strange. I just didn’t want to upset you. I uh, wanted to ask you this alone because the girls might think I was being inconsiderate. It’s nice you’re teaching him, but it could be a stressor on you too.” I raised an eyebrow at him; he did have a good point.

“Thank you for being so thoughtful.” I told him sincerely. “But it’s just an autograph, and you’re my friend, so it’s okay.” He smiled back.

“Thanks. Well I’m done with laundry. I’ll see you around HyunMi.” He said picking up his laundry basket with the crook of one arm and opening the door with a free hand. He paused in the doorway and turned to look back at me.

“What?” I asked him shortly. “Do I have more lint in my hair?” Dongmin laughed and shook his head no.

“If I had asked you out, would you have said yes?” I felt my face heat up.
What kind of question is this?

“I don’t know…maybe.” I said nervously looking back and forth between him and the wall. He grinned and left the room, the door slamming behind him. A half hour later when my last load of laundry was finished my cheeks were still warm from blushing.
~~~~~~~~~
MIKA POV

“Where is that girl!?” I exclaimed pacing around our room. I was positively bursting from excitement and HyunMi was not around to share it with me.
I sat on my bed and twiddled my thumbs.
Minho. Choi Minho. Flaming Charisma. I was really excited he was in my program. I had no idea how I would concentrate on class, but I was really excited he was there. He was so handsome, smart and kind!

“OMO!” A voice said. I jumped startled at the door opening. It was HyunMi with a laundry basket full of clothes. She dropped the basket on the floor by her closet and looked at me. “Dongmi-“she started, but I interrupted her out of excitement.

“HyunMi, isn’t today so pretty?!” I asked her happily. HyunMi looked puzzled.

“I thought it was cloudy, grey and raining outside.” She replied looking towards the window. I stood there with a grin on my face and then ran to hug her.

“I know! It’s just so perfect! I love today!” I told her while I squeezed her tightly.

“Mika, what is wrong with you!?” she asked me incredulously while I continued to hug her. “Your…kinda…making it…ummm…hard to breathe” I let go of her and she exhaled.

“Sorry!” I replied straightening her shirt. I went to the window and opened it, looking outside. “Don’t you hear all the beautiful birds and sounds of happiness out there?!” I looked back at her and she walked over to listen.
A large crash of thunder sounded in the sky and made us jump. Cars and horns drove and beeped below. On the streets pedestrians were arguing about something. Somewhere a cat yowled like it was lost.

“You really hear chirping birds and happiness? HyunMi asked wryly, looking at me slowly. I looked back at her.

“Ah, no. Hahahaha! But the thought is what counts!” I told her grinning.

“Sweetie, are you okay?” She asked me worriedly. I couldn’t tell if it was mocking worry or genuine.

“Mhmm!” I said to her enthusiastically. HyunMi rolled her eyes and closed the window. Then she grabbed my hand and sat me down on my bed and rolled her desk chair to sit in front of me.

“Now…” she started. “Do you have strange thoughts in your head sometimes?” she asked me. I burst out laughing.

“No! One word. Minho.” I told her nodding my head happily.

“Minho?” she asked looking confused and then realization came over her. “Ah, you met a handsome boy today right? Is he in the program too?” I laughed again.

“You could say that! Choi Minho…the flaming charisma himself, is in my after school program!” HyunMi’s eyes widened.

“Shutup! You’re serious?!”

“YES. Its the oddest thing right? You have Taemin in your class and me having Minho. He’s so nice too, the most kind and sweet guy you can ever imagine meeting. He looks even better in person! He talked to me and he smiled!”

“That is just too cool; no wonder your acting like such a happy idiot!”

“I know! Heyyy, wait a minute!” I said giving her a face. Hyun Mi giggled. “Anyways, he practically modeled his desk all through class!” I said lying back on my bed. HyunMi laughed.

“This is too much…you didn’t drool or anything did you?”

“NO! How embarrassing. I do have to keep myself from staring at him though. It’s so strange. Things like this don’t happen to us.”

“So…are you going to ask him out?”

“You’re joking right? I said gazing up at HyunMi’s face. “You’re joking right HyunMi? I asked sitting up.

“Ha! Yeah I’m joking! Sorta kinda.” I whacked her with my pillow.

“Will you ask Taemin out?” I asked her.

“Uh, Mika please! That is so, like illegal where we come from! Besides, I only see Taemin as a little brother if anything. He’s so cute.” She said smiling. I nodded with a grin.

“Hey weren’t you saying something about Dongmin?” I asked her.

“Oh yeah…he only wanted to ask me for Taemin’s autograph.”

“Really? That’s ALL?”

“Yeah, why…don’t you believe him?

“No I do, just wondering is all. It really seems that he likes you sometimes. “

“Oh pleeeease, like you know!”

“Excuse me, I do!”

“Yeah whatever!” she said sitting up from her chair and walking towards the bathroom.

“Where are you going?” I asked her, standing up.

“We have to tell Yoojin and JinHye and everyone else!” she said cracking a smile. I giggled and ran to join her as we walked through the bathroom to our suitemates room.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HyunMi POV

I walked into class 20 minutes early; feeling a lot less nervous then I had been my first day. The school was becoming more known to me and I didn’t have to ask directions when I went somewhere. Students were starting to recognize me and greeted me in a friendly manner.
The class room was empty since class had not yet begun. GuSan had opened the windows in the room and sun brightly shown in through them. I walked over to GuSan and greeted her brightly.

“Annyeonghaseyo seongsaenim. How are you today?” I told her quickly walking to my desk and placing my lunchbox and things down.

“Hi HyunMi, I’m doing very well, thank you for asking. How are you?” I smiled back at her.

“I’m doing great, I think I’m really starting to finally adjust.” She nodded her head and stood up from her chair to water one of the flower pots on her desk.

“That’s so good to hear. I’m really glad. The kids seem to like you a lot.” She said as she poured the water.

“Really? I’m very glad then. I was worried they wouldn’t like me.”

“Ah! No they adore you-“ I smiled to myself at her words -“Especially YiWan. I heard from students he talks about you a lot.” I froze, with the smile stuck on my face. I looked up at her and slowly, cautiously walked to her desk.

“Umm, YiWan?” I narrowed my eyes. “YiWan?”

“Yes…you remember who he is right? The one who studied in Amer-“

“Oh yeah I remember who he is alright.” GuSan glanced up at me slowly.

“HyunMi-“she started but I cut her off.

“He’s one rude guy.” I said more to myself then anyone. “I should ask him why he thinks he had the audacity to just stare at me like that during class. I mean hello, I have eyes too I can see you staring at me! I will say one thing, the next time I see him I am going to march up to him and ask him YAH! Who do you think you are!?”

“Eliot YiWan, and that’s all I’ve ever been.” My eyes widened and I turned around. YiWan was glaring down at me with his usual intense stare, but this time it was laced with…annoyance? I quickly glanced at GuSan, she was looking slightly surprised.
Great HyunMi, you have such incredible manners.

“Prepare the beginning class lesson, okay HyunMi? I’ll be back shortly.” GuSan said in an airy tone, but still nice enough. Maybe she wasn’t mad at me. I nodded my head and watched her leave with the click of her heels. I ignored YiWan as I fumbled around my folder for papers. He watched me intently. HA! This guy doesn’t learn when he’s not liked. I threw my papers down on my desk and turned to look at him.

“What. Is. Your. Problem?” He just stared at me with that same oh so familiar smirk. “You think its okay to just stare at people like that?” He walked closer to me and I took one step back and folded my arms.

“You don’t like it? He continued to smirk at me. I gaped at him.

“Are you serious?!” He snickered.

“You know HyunMi, many girls would love to get this type of attention from me.” He said with a roll of his eyes.
Why this jerk…

“Well, YiWan, I’m not one of them. “ I said moving away from him and turning my attention back to my papers.

“You will be.” He said assuredly. I looked up at him. Was he acting this way because he liked me and didn’t know how to properly show it? Or was he just the class jerk whom all the girls liked and was mad I wasn’t giving him the same attention? I didn’t care how handsome or smart he was I wasn’t going to just bow down to him!

“I highly doubt that.” I said haughtily. He smirked again.
I hate that smirk!

“Lack of faith is never a good thing…” he said surely before turning to walk towards his desk.

“Okay thats it-“ I started angrily.

“Noona! Annyeong. I’m not tardy today.” I looked past YiWan and saw Taemin in the doorway, looking as adorable as ever with a cheery smile on his face.
I think his eyes even twinkle! Sparkly SHINee Taem-Gah HyungMi calm down!

“Taemin, I’m glad you made it on time today! “ I said pushing past Yiwan to get to him. “How are you?”

“I’m good, and how are you? Noona looks really cute today.” I couldn’t help but blush.
Ah HyunMi remember he’s .

“I’m fine thanks for asking. So you didn’t have any problem with the hyungs getting you here on time?” Probably not since he’s here on time, but I want him to say something about SHINee.

“Hmm, not really. Onew Hyung got up on time and he also got an alarm clock. Key hyung gets mad though because it doesn’t just wake Onew up, but everyone. .Key, so like him...

“Well, as long as Onew gets up that’s all that matters, tell Key that.” I said grinning wickedly. Taemin laughed, getting the joke.

“Oh hi YiWan-shii.” Taemin said courteously bowing to him. I looked back at YiWan and he smiled.

“Hey Taemin, so you and HyunMi are good friends then huh?” Taemin smiled. “

“YiWan, shutup!” I yelled at him. He stuck his tongue out at me.
Aish, this guy… how childish. Taemin walked to his desk.

“I can consider Noona my friend, if it’s okay with her?” Taemin asked sitting down. I laughed.

“Sure.” I said. He seemed happy and opened his English book. I looked at YiWan and he made a face.

“So, you don’t care if I take HyunMi out on a date do you?” My jaw dropped and Taemin glanced up quickly.

“No I don’t mind…” He said grinning. I looked at him with my jaw still open. “My hyungs want to meet you soon Noona.”

“What do you mean?”
“What do you mean?” YiWan and I asked at the same time.

“I just told my hyungs about you. They seemed eager to meet you and wanted to know if you were pretty. ”
OMO this boy! What did he do!? “I told them you were pretty so they are coming to get me from school today. You can meet them then….” his voice trailed off.

“SHINee hyungs!? “ I said in the most nonchalant and non-caring voice I could come up with.
Pretend like you don’t care. Don't spazz out in front of him, but OMO I GET TO MEET THEM!

“Yes, and Manager-nim thinks he should meet you too since he’s met all my teachers. I think-“he started thoughtfully.

“Yah! Didn’t Seongsaenim tell you to prepare first lesson?!” YiWan said cutting in our conversation.
Omo I forgot! I raced to get my papers and quickly copied down things onto the chalkboard. These boys were going to get me fired! When I finished my fingers were aching, more students were piling into the classroom and GuSan had come back with Xeroxed copies of something. I didn’t even remember hearing the bell ring. I went to sit at my desk. YiWan, not to my surprise, was staring again. I sneered at him.

I mouthed to him “I’m not going on a date with you” he smirked and mouthed back “You will soon.” I rolled my eyes.
What a character.

Class went by in a blur because all I could think about was meeting the rest of SHINee. Otokay, what if they don’t like me? What do I say to them? What if I trip and fall?! I had those thoughts in my head when I noticed people getting up to leave. Class had ended. Get it together HyunMi! I dawdled at my desk until Taemin came over.

“I have a few more classes, but can we meet at the main entryway a little after school ends? I have to wait because people tend to crowd around and stuff you know?” I nodded.
He’s really serious. He really wants me to meet them. “The hyungs will pick me up there and then you can meet them." I nodded again, unable to speak. “Noona…gwenchana?” I shook out of my daze.

“Yes I’m fine. I’ll meet you then araso? “He smiled.

“Ara, then I’ll leave first.” And with that he walked out the door. I stared after him, feeling very nervous. Meeting SHINee? I felt butterflies wall up inside my stomach at the thought. I grabbed my bag and left the classroom after saying goodbye to GuSan and ran into YiWan.

“What are you a magician? Stop magically appearing around me!” I told him annoyed. He gave me a sheepish grin.

“Miahne HyunMi.” I glanced up at him in surprise. “I’m sorry, for coming on so strong. “ I felt my annoyance wash away, but I was still a bit skeptical.

“It’s fine, just please stop staring at me.” He nodded and continued to stand there. “Is there something else you want to say?” I asked him. He reached in his pocket and took out an envelope and placed it in my palm.

“Read this when you get home, but only then okay? Promise?” I nodded slowly, feeling slightly confused as he gave me an award winning and brightly dazzling smile, that showed off dimples in his cheeks. He bowed and then walked quickly away in a rush.

YiWan, I thought to myself as I stared at the envelope that was labeled To: Beautiful HyunMi. Why are you so strange?