CHAPTER 4

Our Baby

"Daehyun! Stop! What the hell are you doing?" Jessica almost screamed as Daehyun made his way to us,taking big steps. Oh no.

He looked so angry. His jaw tightened,and his fists were ready to punch. The crowd of students were circling around us.

Jessica tried to stop Daehyun but he easily shook her off and pushed Daniel which made him stumble.

Daniel pushed Daehyun back. And now they were nose to nose which made me shake with fear. "Stay away from her." Daehyun nearly growled.

"Oh yeah? Last time i checked,she wasn't with you." Daniel spat.

"She is with me." Daehyun spat back. Daniel looked at me. I shook my head no. So he looked back at Daehyun.

"She's not your toy. Tell me, were you the reason why she had a horrible panic attack in the elevator?" No. I didn't want him to know that.

"What panic attack?" Daehyun looked surprised.

"Yesterday,in the morning,i saw her in the elevator. She had a panic attack. I thought she was gonna die. Tell me are you the reason why?!"

Daehyun chuckled. "Maybe she got scared of your ugly face,huh? If i destroy it, she won't be scared anymore."

"C'mon motherf*cker destroy it then." Daniel said. Daehyun smirked. "I know what you're trying to do. You're gonna make me attack you and then i'll be in the police station,right? Just like you've been before." he confidently answered Daniel. Wait. Has Daniel been to a police station?

Jessica shook me. And i looked at her. "Tell Daehyun to stop please." she said. But i wasn't feeling good. My head was spinning so hard. So i stumbled when she shook me. "Oh my God!" she yelled. I was about to fall when Daehyun caught me. "Kayla? You ok?" he asked. I let myself fall into his strong arms. What? I wanted to give Hyuna a good show since she was watching us.

"What's going on?" i heard Aninda yell. "Take her and go away." Daehyun angrily said to Daniel. Daniel looked at me like will you be fine. I slowly nodded.He didn't wanna leave,but he didn't wanna put Aninda through this too. "I'll call you later." he said before leaving with Aninda.

"Are you ok? What could i do to make you feel better?" Daehyun asked. Everybody was looking at me.

"You could get me some peach." he chuckled. "Seriously?"

"Yep."

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

It was thursday night and i was crying while watching a comedy movie. And Jessica was looking at me like i was mad. Yes, i became friends with Jessica Jung. She hardly ever became friends with someone. She was so popular but she chose her friends very well. I was pretty surprised when she started a friendship with me. And here we are, having a movie night in her house while her parents were away for a bussiness trip.

I took another spoon of the nutella i was holding and i started to cry harder as a funny scene came. Jessica looked at me worriedly and then paused the movie.

"Why did you pause? I wanted to watch it because the co-star is sooo handsome even though he's a jerk." i said still crying. Wow.

"Like Daehyun?" she asked.

I almost chocked. "What? He's not handsome!" i stopped crying. Well i lied. He was handsome. Everything that belonged to him was beautiful.His lips,eyes,face,hair,body... Suddenly,i felt like wanting him. But he didn't want me at all.

I started to cry again. Jessica looked suspiciously at me. I cried harder when i remembered the day Daniel called me.

He asked me if i was ok and i answered yes. Then he told me that i was confused with Daehyun and i shouldn't call him till i get Daehyun out of my head.

Jung freaking Daehyun ruined my first and last chance to have a relationship. But he was too hot to hate.

What was i thinking?

"Did you sleep with him?" Jessica suddenly asked. I stopped crying again. I looked at her with wide eyes.

"WHAT?! N-"

"I know you slept with him." she cut me off. Ugh great. "Daehyun told me about it."

"H-he told you?" i asked feeling insecure. She nodded.

"He never tells me about the girls he sleeps with. But there's something special about you." she said. "I know him very well he never apologized to someone before,not even me. But he told me he apologized from you." He apologized. Yes. But,no. I wasn't gonna let him  confuse me like that. I was gonna focus on Daniel.

"You are usually a logical girl Kayla. But you've been acting weird lately." she said. I.. Was i?

"Could you be.." she hesitated for a second "pregnant?"

"WHAT THE ?!" i suddenly got up. She got up too.

"No,calm down please. I mean think about it." she said. "You keep crying and then you start laughing. You want peach and then you want chocolate. You keep feeling sick and you vomit." she quickly added.

"There's nothing to think about!" I turned my back to her and started to walk towards the exit

"And it all happened after you slept with him!" she yelled. I stopped. She was right. It all started after that night.

"You want him now,don't you? And you hate him at the same time? I'll help you please come here." she said hopefully. I took a deep breath.

Like 15 minutes later, i was looking at the two pregnancy tests. Both of them showed positive. Yes,Jessica bought them before i came since she suspected my pregnancy. She bought two to be sure.

Jessica looked at the tests and hugged me while i cried. She cared about me all night,like a mom. We watched different movies, we cried together,we laughed together and we ate together. Real friends were like that? If they were,i loved that thing called friendship.

In the morning, we walked school together. Last night,i told Jessica to not to tell Daehyun and she promised. Of course he has every right to know but i was gooing to put myself together first. I was going to heal my wounds first. Then i was going to tell him. But how was i going to tell my aunt? She was going to have a heart attack! Maybe i should have an abortion. Yes,i should.

I slammed my locker. And i was about to go when i heard a scream and laughing sounds. I turned my head to where the voice came. There was a crowd over there. Were they making fun of Aninda again? I got worried and quickly made my way towards to the center of the crowd.

And there she was,crying on the floor. Her lip was bruised.

"Leave you terrorist! We don't want you here! Go to hell." a guy yelled. The crowd started to laugh as she cried harder.

I quickly ran to her,sat next to her and hugged her tight when they started to throw things to her.

I was shocked. When did people get like this? When did they start to judge people like this?

Our school was full of spoiled kids but i thought they were at least respectful.

Some of the things hurt my back and my head really bad but i didn't move. I had to protect her.

"WHAT THE IS WRONG WITH YOU?!" i heard Daehyun yell and they all stopped. It was silent now. I turned my head to Daehyun who was now looking at the crowd angrily. "Who started this?!" he yelled. Nobody answered. Everybody was scared of him. "WHO THE STARTED THIS?!" he yelled,making me jump. Aninda was still crying her heart out. She didn't deserve to be bullied like this.

A few fingers pointed a tall, skinny boy who was now shaking with fear. Daehyun walked towards him while Jessica came towards us.

She picked Aninda and me up. She took her to bathroom and told me to stay here and stop Daehyun if he goes too mad.

"What religion do you believe in?" Daehyun asked the guy.

"I-i'm a b-buddhist." he answered.

"Should i hate you then? Should i bully you? We don't have the same one."

"N-no please." he said as he was about to cry.

"Why? Isn't that what you all did?" he yelled to the crowd. "Why would you do this when she's human huh? Tell me what did she do to be a terrorist?"

I was surprised by how he protected her to them. Jung Daehyun.. Did he have a heart? Could he be a father? I looked at him. He looked so strong and protective. He was defending a pure girl. He was like a brother,like a... Father.

"Did she kill anyone?" he asked.

No answers.

"I thought so." he said. "You'll leave her alone. If somebody hurts her again,i swear i'll hurt them more." he said. "Do you understand?" Everybody nodded.

"Good. Now,leave." he spat. And everybody left immediately. I was looking at his back. He was breathing heavily. He really got angry.

But then suddenly he turned to me and quickly closed the gap between us and hugged me. "Are you ok? Did they hurt you?" he asked when he broke the hug and started to check my body if i was hurt.

"I'll be better if you stop touching me." i said. He looked at my eyes like he was hurt. But he took his hands off of me.

"Ignore me Daehyun. I don't wanna see your face,or hear your voice ever again." i said trying not to crry. I was lying. I wanted him by my side so bad. I needed him. But it was the best. I couldn't ruin his life like that.

"I don't wanna see you ever again. Just leave." Please don't leave me on my own. Stay please. "And don't come back again." Please don't go. Help me,i need you.

He looked at me not knowing what to do. He just stood there and then nodded.

No,please. You've got me pregnant,at least stay with me. Is it that hard to stay even though i say go?

He was confusing me. I was confusing myself too.

He slowly walked away. I started to cry as soon as he left. I wanted to run after him and tell him i lied. But i didn't.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday,i told my aunt that Daehyun can't make it because he had some important works to do. My aunt was really sorry. But she said ok. At night, she went to her friend,Hye Sung's house,leaving me alone. So i learnt what she planned. She was planning to leave me and Daehyun alone at night but her plans dropped into the water. Thank God.

She was trying to find me a boyfriend since my stupid literature teacher told her i needed a boyfriend. It wasn't going to be Jung Daehyun. We didn't belong each other.

It was 11 pm when the door got knocked frantically. I got scared but it was probably Derek. Nobody would knock our door like this. But Derek usually had his keys with him.

I got up from the couch and went to the door. As soon as i opened it, i saw an angry Daehyun.

Oh no.

I tried to close the door but he held it with his left hand. And in his right hand... There was my positive pregnancy tests.. I opened my eyes and my mouth widely.