SBS Award Festival II

You Found Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 ‘Ommo!’ She screamed in her head, squeezing her eyes tight and preparing herself for the fall.

---

“I got you!”

That’s what she heard at the last second before she felt his arm covering her, her face landed softly on his chest, and her body swinging a little bit following his swift move to capture her from falling.

He was hugging her protectively when she heard him, “Ji Eun-ah, are you okay?”

Ji Eun could smell his cologne, hearing his heart beat at a fast pace. He was as surprised as she was. The warmth of his body made her feel safe and protected. It was a new feeling for her; a feeling that she never felt when she was with Ki Ha.

‘Just 5 seconds more....please’ 

Ji Eun felt him put a little distance between them with his hand still holding her. As she slowly opened her eyes, the first thing she noticed was his concerned eyes and how close their faces were. For a few seconds she forgot that they were in a public event with many eyewitnesses around.  Her eyes were glued to his face and his deep concerned eyes.

‘Can we just stay like this forever?’  

“Are you okay?” He repeated his question, poking her out of her daze. She quickly recovered and nodded. Joon Gi carefully let her go and offered his arm to help her walk back to their seats.

Back in her seat, Han Na gave her some water. “Are you okay Ji Eun-ni? That must have been a shock.”

“I’m okay, Unnie. Thank you.” She took the drink Han Na offered and drank it.

“Thankfully Joon Gi hyung was there to catch you,” Hong Jong Hyun said. Kang Ha Neul and Seo Hyeon nodded in harmony.

“How did it feel?” Han Na whispered teasingly in her ear. “Oppa’s hug.”  Ji Eun’s ears went red and she faced Han Na with raised eyebrows. Han Na chuckled at her warning look and didn’t say anything further.

“Let’s have a celebration dinner after this.” Ha Nuel suggested.

“Sure that’s a good idea, but let’s all go back home first and change to something more comfortable,” Joon Gi replied.

“Are we going to drink again tonight? Should I message the other to come if they can?” Jong Hyun asked.

“Sure, call them out,” Joon Gi answered.

“Hyung, are you thinking to have a drink and see how beautiful Ji Eun-ni is while you’re talking?” Hong Jong Hyun playfully .

That took Joon Gi by surprise and he shyly scratched his back ear. “Well, let’s just focus on the awards, please.”

Everyone at the table laughed at his reaction, including Ji Eun who was giggling shyly.

---

Ji Eun took a quick stop at her apartment right after the SAF event. They were going to have a late night dinner gathering at one of their usual places. She carefully put the best couple trophy on her trophy shelf, and then took a step back taking a few moments to admire it.  She smiled happily and quickly ran back to her bedroom to change her dress to something more casual. She put on her favorite red sweater and black jeans, checked her make up, and quickly brushed her hair before she left for the gathering.

When she arrived at the gathering place, she saw most of the cast members of Moon Lovers had already arrived. She quickly bowed to the seniors, took a seat between Han Na and Jon Ki Joo, and finally realized that Joon Gi was nowhere to be seen.

“He’s in the other room filming something for his fans I think,” Han Na informed her, realizing that Ji Eun was stretching her neck to find him.

“Oh, okay. I thought he hadn’t arrived yet.” Ji Eun tried not to make it so obvious that she was specifically looking for him. She started to chat with the others, eat and drink. After a while she started to look around again, but still she hadn’t caught a glimpse of him. She was starting to feel frustrated when suddenly Han Na nudged her.

“You should call him out. He probably forgot the time and is busy trying to make the perfect video.”

“Should I?”

“You should. You need to for poor Shang Hyun- shi. He needs to eat too,” Han Na tried to convince her.

Ji Eun finally stood up and was headed to where he was, when suddenly Jong Hyun stopped her.

“You should bring this to him in case he’s busy editing the video and refuses to come out if it’s not done. You know what a perfectionist he can be, right?” He gave her a plate of BBQ meat and a big glass of beer.

“Okay. Thank you Jong Hyun, Oppa.” She took the plate and glass from him and walked to the other room.

Standing in front of the door, she quietly listened, making sure she wouldn’t bother or ruin the filming process. When she was sure that they probably finished filming, she knocked on the door. Shang Hyun-shi was the one who opened the door, smiling gratefully upon seeing her face.

“Who is it, hyung?”  Joon Gi’s voice called out from inside the room.

“I need to go. You’re finished with the editing, right?” Shang Hyun didn’t answer his question. Instead he quickly bolted out after giving a sign to her to enter the room.

“Hyung, where are…oh… Ji Eun-ah.” They almost collided as Joon Gi stood to follow Shang Hyun -shi, at the same time Ji Eun was going to enter the room. Joon Gi quickly backed away to let her walk in.

“Oppa, you need to eat,” she said while placing the plate and glass on the table. He followed her and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter