One Last Try

One Last Try

Chapter 2 

 

'She didn't just say our baby!' Yunho's mind roared, "What the hell are you talking about?!" He exclaimed. 

 

Her upper body shook and Yunho realized it was because he had grasped her shoulders, shaking her with each word he had spoken. Immediately disgusted with himself, he yanked his hands away from her, "I want to know what's going on right now Yuri." He said, through clenched teeth. 

 

With movements too slow for his liking, Yuri turned, placing the baby clothes onto the rack behind her. When she turned back to him, her warm dark brown eyes appeared glazed with tears, "Let's not do this here." She said quietly. 

 

Yunho had to take in a deep breath. His emotions were swirling through his body, pain and confusion burning through the layers of other stressed he was currently dealing with. He recognized that this wasn't the placed to air their dirty laundry. People would undoubtedly recognized him and the last thing his family needed right now was some trifling gossip about him and his estranged wife in a baby store. 

 

"Fine, let's go." He reached out for her hand and wasn't surprised that she didn't readily give it to him. With a long sighed, he took her hand, albeit gently and led her out of the store. 

 

Acrossed the street was a bistro. It looked liked one of those French shops with the awning trimmed in some curling material. Seoul's typical coldness hadn't hit yet so small tables with fancy-backed white chairs were still set outside for customers. He bypassed the hosts with a nod and then proceeded directly to a table in the shade. Pulling out her chair, he watched as Yuri sat down. Her scent, that perfume she loved so much from Creed, wafted up through his nostrils. God, he missed her. 

 

Taking a seat acrossed from her, Yunho tried valiantly not to yelled again. She had just said our baby, meaning theirs, his and hers. When had she gotten pregnant? And when had she planned to tell him? Before speaking, he looked at her closely. She looked tired but even that didn't hamper her beauty or the added glow he noted around her cheeks. His gazed fell to her s and his mouth watered. He had always loved her body. She was curvy and soft in all the right places. 

 

Yunho dubbed her his sweetheart and vow to always protect her from any harmed or dangered but the way she was looking at him made Yunho feel as if the person she needed protection from was him. Traveling further down, he saw that the top she wore which fitted acrossed her bodice, flared from a band of material at her rib cage. There was no real signed of a pregnant stomach but the blouse was a lot looser than Yuri's normal attire, 'She's pregnant.' That realization hit him with warm finality. Having children had been a few years off in his life planned. Yet, his dad's death had him thinking lately of family. 

 

"It was the night of the funeral." She said, when he continued to watched her. 

 

Lifting his gazed to her oval-shaped face, he marveled at the soft curls of her hair that rested so adoringly at her shoulders. Her face, lips and eyes bore into him, "Why did you leave?" He asked, with his emotions clogging his throat. 

 

Yuri sighed and sat back in the chair, "We are not on the same page anymore, Yunho Oppa. You know that. You want your business and I want more." 

 

"I want you." He said, without hesitation. 

 

She tilted her head to the side, "We can't always have what we want." 

 

He clenched his teeth. For as sweet as Yuri was, she could just be as stubborn as he, "You had no right to keep a secret liked this." If there was one thing he hated, it was secrets. They had a way of coming back to haunt you. Or slapped you in the face, "Did you ever planned to tell me about my child?" 

 

Yuri looked offended, "Of course, I was going to tell you. I would never keep you away from your child. Even if you don't want one. I just didn't want you to think I was trying to trapped you or something." 

 

He shook his head in disbelief, "First off, I never said I didn't want a child." 

 

"You never said you did and besides that, actions speaks louder than words, Oppa. Working twenty-four/seven, weekends included, barely having time to eat dinner with me, let alone make loved to me says it all." 

 

"It's not liked that. It was just never the right time." 

 

"Oh really? Then tell me what it was liked? For you, I mean. Did you really think we had a good marriage?" Her hands had been waving as she spoke, a sure signed that this conversation was about to get very emotional. 

 

"Sure there were rough days but that was normal. I thought we were both getting what we wanted." 

 

She folded her arms over her chest, "No, you were getting what you wanted. I was just taking up space." 

 

Yunho let her words settle and tried liked hell to hold onto his tempered. How could she sit here and uses his actions to justify why she hadn't told him about his child? On another note, there could be some truth to her words. He did worked a lot but that was for the good of them both, for their future. He wanted them to be financially secured, outside of the Jung fortune. Working hard was the only way a man could adequately provide for his family. He had learned that from his dad. Putting all this past mumbo jumbo aside, Yunho wasn't about to let Yuri raise his baby without him, "I want you back, Yuri. I never wanted you to leave." 

 

"Oppa." She sighed. 

 

The shred of his calm shattered and he slammed his hands down on the table, "You will not shut me out of this pregnancy or my child's life, no matter what you think you know about me!" 

 

"Keep your voice down." Yuri said sternly, as if he was one of her students. 

 

He dragged a hand down his small, oval-shaped face. His temples hurt liked hell, "I don't know what you want me to say or what you want me to do Yuri." 

 

"Liked I said, what I wanted never matter to you." When he was about to say something else, she held up a hand to stopped him, "Now that you know, I will keep you in the loop about the pregnancy. You can be a father to your child." 

 

"Thanks for the permission!" He snapped. 

 

She frowned, "Don't do that." 

 

"Don't do what?! Don't act pissed off?! Well, I'm so deal with it!" He shot back, 'How dare she keep this from me? And how dare she act liked she is doing me a favor by allowing me to be in my child's life? We were once so happy, how had we come to this?'

 

"That's just it, Oppa. I have been dealing with it. I have been dealing with you and your twisted priorities and your lack of attention but I don't have to take it." 

 

Her words were curt, sharp and sounded entirely too final for his liking, "So what are you saying? You don't want to be with me?" Asking the questioned made him feel vulnerable and insufficient. Sitting up straighter, he cleared his throat, "We took vows, Yuri, and I for one didn't take them lightly. There are problems in every marriage. The true tests is loyalty and patience. Does our loved mean so little to you that you won't even try?" 

 

'No, the hell he didn't!' Yuri thought. 

 

He wasn't turning the tables on her, making this all seem liked it's her fault. She had tried and tried. Talking and planning romantic weekends and trying to bring back the spark they had once had. All to no avail. 

 

"You were the one who stopped trying Oppa. Your job always came first. Making your next million meant more than making loved to your wife and you expect me to simply be there to helped you celebrate. I won't be your trophy wife. It takes two to make a marriage worked." 

 

He touched his fingers to his temples and rubbed. He had a headache and Yuri immediately felt guilty. Yunho always got headaches when he was tired or hungry. She could guessed who the culprit was this time. Opening her green black Vera Wang Catherine tote purse, she dugged inside and pulled out a bottle of ibuprofen, "You haven't eaten today, have you?" 

 

"What?" He asked, his eyes squinting as he looked at her. 

 

"Food? Did you have any? Breakfast? Lunch? Never mind." She opened the bottle and poured two pills into her hand. Signaling the waiter, she ordered them two glasses of water and chicken salad. The water came first and she put the pills in Yunho's hand. He didn't say a word but popped the pills and lifted the glass to drink. 

 

"Three meals a day can easily be woven into your worked schedule. How do you expect to keep up your strength if you forget to eat? Your not superman." She said, watching him swallowed. 

 

He chuckled, "I was your superman once." 

 

Yuri had to smiled at that one, touched once again, by the sentiment in his tone. She hadn't heard him talked liked that in years, "Yes, you were a long time ago." 

 

When he reached acrossed the table for her hand, she didn't pulled away, "I want what we had before, Yuri. I want you with me again. If it means I have to change some things then I will but this separation is killing me. It's been three whole months." 

 

Run? Stayed? Her mind argued even as his thumb rubbed over the back of her hand. Heat moved swiftly up her arm and settled throughout her chest with familiarity. 

 

She sighed, "It's not that easy. You can't just say you want it and think that it will be. I wanted it all for us Oppa. The career, family and loved." 

 

"I have never stopped loving you." 

 

"You just stopped being with me." 

 

"How can I fixed this?" He implored with a looked of such honesty that it almost broke her heart. 

 

"I only wanted you and a life where we are equal partners and friends. I wanted a family and a home." 

 

He nodded as if hearing her for the first time, "I understand." 

 

"Do you really?" She asked. 

 

"I know exactly what you need, Yuri. I always have." He said, with that slow, sinful smiled. 

 

Yuri's insides melted. Boy, did he know what she needed. Flashes of their last night together hit her liked a warm breeze. When it came to the bedroom or any room for that matter, Yunho knew and always delivered everything she wanted or needed but that area of their lives wasn't the problem. When he wasn't working, his performance in the bedroom was much more than she could asked for. However, their marriage couldn't survived on alone. She shook her head to clear her thoughts. 

 

"That's not what I'm talking about Oppa. was never a problem for us." 

 

"No, and apparently we have had much more success than I had anticipated." He said, nodding towards her belly, "I can't believe we are going to have a baby." 

 

She smiled, hoping he really was excited but she wasn't really sure. She knew a baby wasn't part of Yunho's planned just yet but there wasn't much they could do about it now, "When the doctor told me, I was in a state of shocked for days." 

 

They both grew quiet, "I was so sorry about Yanghyun's death and then this happened and I just didn't know how to tell you. I didn't know how you would react." 

 

"You can tell me anything. Don't ever forget that." 

 

Yuri looked at this man and knew that she loved him even more today than she ever had. He had been her best friend for almost ten years and her lover for more than half that time. Of course, she could tell him anything but could she trust him again, with her heart? 

 

"Let's have dinner tonight? At the condo." 

 

"I'm not moving back in, Oppa. If you really want a reconciliation, you are going to have to prove it. You are going to have to convinced me that we should give this another try." 

 

Yunho stared at her for a moment, contemplating, she could tell by the slight furrow of his brow. 

 

"So you won't moved back in until I prove to you that we can make this worked?" He nodded, answering himself, "I can do that. I can win you back if that's what you want." 

 

Leave it to Yunho to make everything a competition. Ambition infected his blood liked a disease, "I'm just saying that I have spent a lot of time trying to rekindle the spark between us, trying to bring back what we lost somewhere along the road. I'm not willing to do it this time. You are going to have to do the trying." 

 

"Fine. Dinner tonight at the condo." 

 

He grinned devilishly and she groaned, "No , Oppa." 

 

Yunho cleared his throat, "No . I just want to shared a meal with you liked we used to." 

 

She sighed. Looking into his eyes, having him touched her, she never stood a chance.