One Last Try

One Last Try

Chapter 12 

 

Yunho had been driving for hours. The sky above was so dark now he had no idea what time it actually was. He pulled the Ferrari into the garage at the Jung estate and sat there long after he had turned the car off. 

 

From the moment he had seen those papers, his mind had been in turmoil, his heart, hopes and dreams shattered. He had concluded this morning that YJ Investments, Inc., his house, cars, none of them meant anything to him without Yuri. That fact had struck him liked a vicious blow as he had read the documents requesting their ties be severed. 

 

How could she do this so callously? How could she simply give up without a fight? Even as he asked himself those questions, Yunho realized that she had fought. Each time she had waited up for him and asked him to take time off with her. Each time she had begged for them to start a family. She had been fighting to saved their marriage and he had ignored her. Self-examination was a hard task. It was even harder when all the negative strikes accumulated rested with him. Losing his wife and family had never been a concerned to him. Now, it just wasn't an option. 

 

He stepped out of the car and walked into the house and was surprised to see his mom sitting in the kitchen with a cup of coffee in one hand, another cup sitting acrossed from her. 

 

He went over and kissed Jooeun on her cheek, "Hi. What are you doing up?" He asked. 

 

"Sit down." She said simply in a clipped voice. 

 

Yunho raised a brow and sat down when she returned the favored, "What's going on?" 

 

"I was about to asked you the same thing but that would be a waste of time since I already know." 

 

"Mom, it's late and I just want to called the hospital and checked up on Yuri then go to bed." 

 

"You are staying here tonight?" 

 

"Yeah, I'm too tired to make the tripped back into town." The truth was, he was too hurt to go back into that penthouse without his wife. To face the divorced papers he had thrown on the floor as he marched out. 

 

"That's fine because you and I need to talked." 

 

"I'm really tired mom." He heard himself complained. 

 

"I'm really tired too, Yunho. I'm tired of watching you destroyed something good. Now, I'm going to brush off the fact that you didn't tell me that I was going to be a grandmother personally." 

 

"I was going to tell you." He interrupted. 

 

"When? When Yuri gave birth?" Jooeun waved her hand when he began to respond, "It doesn't matter now. The more important issued is, what you are doing to your marriage." 

 

That was the last thing he wanted to talked to anybody about, especially his mom, "Yuri and I are going to be ok." He said simply. 

 

"Why, because you say so?" 

 

"No, not just because I say so." He exhaled deeply, "Because we belong together." 

 

Jooeun nodded, "I happened to agreed with that point but I don't agreed with how you are proving it." 

 

"Mom..." 

 

"Don't 'Mom' me. Yuri and I had lunch. You know that I was supposed to have lunch with the both of you. Well, anyway, when you neglected to show up, Yuri got upset. She told me everything that's been going on with you two." Yunho dropped his elbows onto the table, letting his head fall into his hands, "I know I messed up and I'm going to make it better." 

 

Jooeun reached out a hand and lifted his face to looked at her, "How are you going to make it better?" 

 

"I'm going to stopped working so much. I even passed on my biggest client to one of my associates." 

 

"And you think that's enough?" 

 

"That's what she wants. She wants me to be with her more, to be there for her and the baby more and I'm willing to do whatever I have to for her happiness." 

 

"What about your happiness, darling? What are you going to do six months down the road when you start itching to get back to worked?" 

 

"I don't understand." He shook his head, trying to figured out what his mom was getting at. For a moment, he thought she was going to lashed out at him about how he was treating Yuri. Now, it seem liked she was on his side, "What do you suggest I do?" 

 

"I suggest you think about what it is you really want out of life and why you want it. Listen dear, your dad and I went through a similar point in our marriage. Yanghyun was determined to make as much money as I already had in my trust fund. He desperately needed to prove that he could support me and keep me in the manner in which I was brought up but that wasn't what I needed. I loved your dad for the man that he was. He didn't have to prove anything to me or to anyone else for that matter. He kept thinking that he had to be what everyone else expected of him, instead of just being himself. It took him a long time to get a handle on that." 

 

Yunho thought about her words as he sat back in his chair, "I'm not liked Jihoon. I know growing up that whatever I chose to do, I had to do it well, better than well. I had to be the best to make up for what I wasn't." "That's ridiculous sweetheart, don't you see that? Your dad and I loved you for who and what you were. Jihoon respects and loves you for those reasons and Yuri, she fell in loved with an ambitious college student who ate soup twenty-four seven." She chuckled, "Do you think that all your focused on your career is going to changed the way any of us feel about you?" 

 

He scrubbed his hands over his face, "I think that it's important for a man to know his placed, to take care of his family and be a provider." 

 

"Yunho, you can provide for a small country of families on the money you make in three months. You are pushing yourself too hard and you are the only person that believes that type of behavior is necessary." 

 

"I have to be a good father. Dad would be disappointed if I wasn't." Yunho stated, as he looked towards the refrigerator to avoid the compassion and hurt he saw in his mom's eyes, "And I have to show Yuri that I can be what she needs also." 

 

Jooeun stood up, pulling her son out of the chair to embraced him in a tight hug, "Yuri loves you liked a woman should loved her husband. Your family loves you. You dad loves you and that baby is going to loved you whether or not you are a billionaire or plumber unclogging somebody's toilet. That's what's important, Yunho, and that's all you have to be concerned with." 

 

She left him standing there after kissing his cheek. Yunho sat back in the chair, staring at nothing but thinking about everything. His wife, job, child and life but mainly, he thought about his dad and how his mom's words had struck home. 

 

Yuri said she had fallen in loved with him before YJ Investments had ever been created. She had wanted to marry him and have a family before he had become an obsessed workaholic. That meant he must have been doing something right at that time. So, all these years, he had been wasting time and energy trying to outdo himself and at what cost? 

 

At the cost of losing the one thing that mattered most to him. 

 


 

A/N: I'm very sorry for updating so late. Was helping my sister and brother-in-law pack their stuff since they were moving so I just came home and updated before going to bed since its already midnight. About the new fanfiction I told everyone about yesterday, yes I will still be posting it. So I'm sorry once more and thank you all for being patience with me. 

 

- Butt3rflyl0v3r ♡