You, Me, and Us

Three Sessions, Five Years Gap, and Two Years later

Time flies.

Six months has passed since their reunion.

Since Junhoe moved in, they have a pretty peaceful relationship. And, although Junhoe originally refused to sleep with Chanwoo, Chanwoo keeps snuggling into Junhoe’s bed every night. So, in the end, he just lets him do whatever he wants.

However, there is something that always bothers Chanwoo. He realizes that he doesn’t actually know what their relationship is. When they reunited, he just assumes that they’re now romantic partners. But, Junhoe has never said that; he doesn’t introduce Chanwoo to other people as his boyfriend.

Also, there is something weird about Junhoe… He doesn’t get jealous. Ever.

One day, Junhoe was so busy that he got no time for Chanwoo. So, Chanwoo planned his revenge by trying to make Junhoe jealous. Immature, he knew, but still… a feeling is a feeling, alright?

When Junhoe finally had free times, Chanwoo would bring him around, introducing Junhoe to his friends. Not only that, but Chanwoo would also act super friendly toward his friends.

Except, Junhoe didn’t react. At all. He just acted the way he always acted.

Contrast this with Chanwoo that gets jealous at every single thing and wants Junhoe’s attention every single time. Suddenly, Chanwoo feels like a jerk. Well, he probably is. But Junhoe makes him feels like, not just a jerk, but a needy jerk.

“What’s wrong?”, Junhoe asked when he sees Chanwoo deep in thought.

“Do you love me?”, Chanwoo suddenly asked.

Junhoe was surprised by the question. Why would Chanwoo doubt his love?

“Of course I do. What happened? Did I do something wrong?”, Junhoe asked.

“It’s just… I feel like a bad guy, and you’re the good guy, and I don’t deserve you, and you deserve someone better than me.”, Chanwoo said, looking noticeably melancholic.

Hearing Chanwoo’s answer, Junhoe simply sits next to him and kisses his cheek.

“Of course not. If anything, I’m the one that doesn’t deserve you.”, Junhoe said as he pulls Chanwoo for a hug.

Chanwoo stays in Junhoe’s embrace for a while, reveling in the warm of Junhoe’s chest.

“Junhoe, can I ask something?”

“Of course. You can ask me anything.”

“What is ‘us’?”, Chanwoo asked, referring to their relationship.

“‘Us’? It’s the objective case of ‘we’.”, Junhoe explained.

“Yeah, I know that!”, Chanwoo shouted, making Junhoe laughs. “I mean, what is ‘us’? As in, what is our relationship?”

Junhoe continues laughing as Chanwoo bursts. When he stops, he looks at Chanwoo with a more serious look.

“We’re boyfriends. Why?”

“Then… why don’t you introduce me to your friends as your boyfriend?”

Junhoe blinks a few times at the question. “Is that bothering you?”

Chanwoo nods.

“Well, I don’t see the need to declare our relationship to the world.”, Junhoe explained. “It’s only us that’s important, right? So, I don’t feel like bragging to other people that I have a boyfriend.”

Chanwoo can see the point in Junhoe’s words. That said, he still wants to have that recognition, he still wants Junhoe to tell people that he is owned. Somehow, he still feels the need to have a proof of their relationship.

Junhoe can sense that Chanwoo isn’t satisfied with his answer. “But, I can start telling people you’re my boyfriend if you want me to.”, he offered.

See, Junhoe makes Chanwoo feels like a needy jerk again. From the very beginning, he is the one that pushes this relationship. Even when they’re already in a relationship, he is still the one that obsesses over their status.

And Chanwoo thinks, it’s time to be a little bit more mature. So he shakes his head.

“No. That’s ok.”, Chanwoo said. “I’ve already given you so much trouble; I don’t need to give you another one.”

Hearing that, Junhoe softly pinches Chanwoo’s cheek. “I never see you as trouble, Chanwoo. How can I when you’re so sweet and nice? This is why I don’t think I deserve you.”

Junhoe’s answer makes Chanwoo blushes again. Gosh, why does Junhoe always make Chanwoo blush?

“Junhoe, can I ask another question?”

Junhoe nods. “Go ahead.”

“Have you ever feel jealous? For me?”

Junhoe needs to blink a few times to process the question. Has he? Of course he has! He just doesn’t show it. He doesn’t think it’s mature to show it.

“Of course I have.”, Junhoe said.

“Really? When?”

“A lot of time. That time when you introduced me to your friends. Are you always that close to them? Oh, and there’s that time when I saw you worked on a project with that girl, can’t remember her name, and she was extremely close to you. I knew it’s just a group project, but I couldn’t help but felt a small flame in my chest.”

“Really? All those time? Then why don’t you ever told me?”

“For what? It’s childish to be jealous over something like that.”, Junhoe explained.

Chanwoo sighs. Junhoe is so sensible.

“You know I get jealous at every little thing, right?”, Chanwoo asked.

“I know. And I’m ok with that.”, Junhoe said as he pulls Chanwoo closer.

“Well, I want to know what will you do if you get jealous… How will you show it to me?”

“What will I do? Hmm… let see…”

Suddenly, Junhoe picks Chanwoo bridal style and brings him to Chanwoo’s room, lying him on the bed.

“If I’m jealous then I will…”, Junhoe said, dropping his body to lie on top of Chanwoo.

“What are you doing?”, Chanwoo asked.

“Nothing. I just won’t let you go.”, Junhoe explained. He then gives Chanwoo a tight hug.

“How long are you going to do this?”, Chanwoo asked.

“I don’t know. Until the jealousy disappears.”

“And how long will that take?”

“I don’t know. How long do you want it to take?”

“I want it to last forever.”, Chanwoo said.

Junhoe can’t help but smile at Chanwoo’s reply. “Then…”, he said. “We’ll stay like this forever.”