Two Years Later

Three Sessions, Five Years Gap, and Two Years later

Junhoe sighs as he looks at the calendar.

Two years ago, he made a promise. They would stop contacting each other; Junhoe is to focus on his uni, Chanwoo is to focus on his high school.

Why?

Well, Junhoe didn’t want to force Chanwoo. As he said, if he still loves him after two years, then feel free to chase him. But if not, then that’s ok too. And Junhoe thought, the only way to know that he is not pushing Chanwoo was to cut all contact.

So, they did.

Of course, Junhoe tries not to think about it. After all, he has his uni and an internship to keep him busy. But, he can’t help it. Every time he looks at the calendar, he is reminded of the fact that someone may or may not come to find him.

The worst thing is not the waiting, but it’s the not knowing. He doesn’t know if Chanwoo will come or not. And, more importantly, he doesn’t know what will he does if Chanwoo doesn’t come.

So Junhoe looks at the calendar again.

Today is the orientation day. The day where every new student will come to get to know the campus. He doesn’t need another orientation, but he can’t help but feel nervous, afraid, and slightly excited.

Will he see Chanwoo today?


 

The campus ground is jam-packed with students. With freebie tote bags slung over their shoulders, they are led by student volunteers for a tour.

But Chanwoo isn’t interested in the tour. Well, he is, but he wants a certain someone to give him the tour, not just any random student.

Should I just call him? Will that be breaking the no-contact rule?

But Chanwoo wants to keep it a surprise. Well, Junhoe probably has expected his arrival, but still… Now, the problem is, how is he supposed to find Junhoe in this huge university?

Well, one thing that he knows, staying here won’t solve that problem, so he starts walking. No particular direction, he just wanders around aimlessly, hoping that he will somehow bump into Junhoe.

He walks and walks, circling the whole campus. Several “Are you lost?” later, it becomes clear that this isn’t going to work. Frustrated, he decides to stop by the nearest cafeteria and gets something to eat.

While eating, he stares at his phone. Should I just call him? Should I?

Caught in indecision, he puts his phone on the table and ruffles his hair in frustration. That is, until he hears a familiar voice.

“Can I get the usual please?”

Chanwoo turns his head as fast as he could to the source of the voice. There, he finds him…

Finally, he finds him!

Junhoe turns around after placing his order, trying to find a place to sit, when his eyes are locked at a boy that is staring at him. His eyes immediately widen in disbelief, and he almost drops his wallet if not for the ahem of the customer next in line.

So, he walks and approaches the boy.

“You… actually came?”, Junhoe asked, still can’t believe what is in front of his eyes.

“Of course I came! I promised, didn’t I? Why are you so surprised?”, Chanwoo asked.

“No, it’s just… It feels unreal…”

“Well…”, Chanwoo stands up and places a soft kiss on Junhoe’s lips. “How about that? Still unreal?”

Junhoe can only blink his eyes a few times, trying to process what just happened. But Chanwoo cuts his line of thought. “Don’t tell me you’ll say it’s not the time yet. I won’t take that anymore! I’m already here, and I’ll kiss you as much as I want!”, Chanwoo declared.

“Well, I…”

“Well, sit down!”, Chanwoo said. With that, they both sit.

They don’t say anything for a while, just studying each other’s face. He gets even more handsome, Junhoe thinks. And now he is as tall as me…

“What is it?”, Chanwoo asked.

“You look… perfect.”, Junhoe said, making a pink tint on Chanwoo’s cheeks.

They chat while waiting for their food, the usual catching up stuff. After a while, their food comes. Chanwoo is getting two different types of pie complete with a chocolate cake, while Junhoe is getting… two slices of plain wholegrain bread with two boiled eggs and some veggies…

“How can you eat something so bland!?”, Chanwoo protested, pointing at Junhoe’s food with a fork.

“And how can you eat something so full of saturated fat!?”, Junhoe protested back, pointing at Chanwoo’s food with a fork.

In the end, they can’t do anything but laugh at each other.

“Oh, anyway, I still need a tour.”, Chanwoo said.

“Eh… You didn’t get a tour this morning?”

“I don’t want too… I want you to give me the tour!”, Chanwoo said with a pout.

“Ok, fine.”, Junhoe smiles, “Let’s go after this.”

They quickly finish their meal then start the tour. Chanwoo already saw most of the buildings when he circled the whole campus, but he still wants the tour anyway as it gives him a reason to walk with Junhoe holding his hand.

After the tour, they decided to stop by Chanwoo’s place.

“How long have you been here?”, Junhoe asked as soon as he enters Chanwoo’s apartment.

“A week. I wanted to find you straight away when I arrived, but my mom was until yesterday. Why?”

“I see…”. Junhoe then checks Chanwoo’s bedroom, “It’s only one week, but your room has been this messy!?”.

“Well… my mom won’t clean my room.”

Junhoe sighs. Then, another thought strikes him. He dashes to the kitchen and opens the fridge. It’s empty…

“Why is your fridge empty?”

“I can’t cook. My mom wanted to leave some stuff there, but I won’t cook them anyway, so I told her to keep it empty.”

Junhoe sighs again. “Then how are you going to survive?”

“Umm… Takeaway?”

Junhoe scratches his head. He then notices a closed door next to Chanwoo’s room.

“What’s that room?”

“Oh, it’s another bedroom. My mom used it when she was here, but now that she went back, she told me to find a roommate.”

“Is it vacant now?”

Chanwoo blinks a few times then stares at Junhoe. “Are you thinking what I’m thinking?”, he asked.

“I’m moving in.”, Junhoe declared, much to Chanwoo’s happiness.

“Really!?”, Chanwoo shouted as he jumps and hugs Junhoe.

“Someone needs to take care of you…”, Junhoe said with a sigh. “Oh well, give me a week, and I’ll bring my stuff here.”

“Ow… Can’t you just stay here from today?”, Chanwoo asked with a pout.

“My stuff are still in my place, Chanwoo.”

“Well, you can use my stuff.”

“No. You need to wait.”

“But I have waited for two years!”

“Then another week won’t kill you.”

Finally, Chanwoo gives up, “Alright, fine. But…”

“But…?”

“We’ll sleep in the same bedroom.”, Chanwoo said, half-pleading-half-demanding.

“No!”, Junhoe quickly shouted. “We’re not that far yet in our relationship.”

“But why? Please please please…”

“If you keep doing that I’ll change my mind!”

“You’re mean!”, Chanwoo protested.

“You’re naughty!”, Junhoe protested back.

Ah… good day.