Heartbeat

Saving Victory

I waited two days before calling Seungri. It was my last day before I was offcially back on duty. So It was my last chance to not be interuppted, well not by my phone anyways. I knew Seungri would probably be on call. I pressed send hoping he could answer, but straight to voicemail. I guessed he was either, eating, sleeping or saving someone. I decided to leave a  voice message. "Hey Seungri, It's Maiya, if you arent too exhausted when you get off the night watch wanna grab breakfast?" I didn't expect a call back so soon. It was only 5am, I was getting ready for my morning run. I had to stay fit even when on break. I was half way down my block when the ringing on my phone cut my music off.

"Hello this is Miaya?"

"Hey It's Seungri"

I stopped running trying to catch my breath so I could talk. "Morning"

"So breakfast huh?" I could help smiling. "Yea, I'm on my morning run right now, where are you?" "I just got off, wanna meet at Rubee's on 4th st? Im about half way there." "Sure see you in ten" We hung up I realized I looked like crap, sweat pouring off my brow, tight work out clothes clinging to me. Well if he didn;'t like me like these then theres no hope. Im always dressed like a slob. When you work with heavy clothes and oxygen tanks, the comfort of loose sweat and sleeveless shirts is the prize at the end of the day. By the time I made it to Rubee's I saw a nice red nissan titan truck parked on in the parking lot, emt stickers on the windows. I knew it had to be him. My dad would approve that he had good taste in vehicles.

I stepped on the sidewalk and he open the restuarant door for me "Morning"

"Hey" "So let me guess, water, eggs and a protein bar?" "Water and eggs yes, multigrain bar instead" He smiled "So close" He sat there eating, toast, eggs, coffee and a big piece of ham. 

"You work with people who have heart attacks doesnt ham bother you?" 

"Nope, I still love meat"

 "I prefer chicken or pork instead of beef"

"I'll keep that in mind for the next date"

"Next date?, you think there's a next date?" 

"Well I'm hoping possibly tonight? I'm off today"

"Don't you sleep?"

"That's where I'm headed from here, to my bed, if you wanna join?"

"Woah woah, that's a little fast"

"I was joking, I'm to exhausted for any activities beside sleep"

"You are cheeky"

He just smiled this wide smile, teeth showing, eyes closed. He was cute, and he knew it. "Well this date was fun, I have to get back home and shower, and no you can't join" I made him laugh.

"Whose the cheeky one now?" We stood up He walked me out "You need a ride?"

"Im not quite ready for you to know where I live yet"

"I figured you were going to the station I pass by it on my way home

"I'd rather not make your seat stink of sweat

"Trust me, in my line of work, they've smelled worse"

"How about You call me after you close those dark circles,"

"Agreed"

I waved bye, watching him pull out and leave. I stood there pondering what I was doing. Is this what I wanted ? the fluff, butterflies in my belly, can't stop thinking of him romance? Was my life ready for it?  Apparently my raciong heart said yes as he pulled back into the parking lot. "What are you?" I couldn't finish my sentce when he got out of his truck, pulled my chin, our lips on one another, then slowly pulling away.

"See you tonight"

'I I, uh yea"

My heart felt like it was beating out of my chest, like sparks were flying all around from the pull of that kiss. Damn his lips were so soft and plush. Several minutes of zoning out and I had finally managed to walk my way home to change. The whole time I kept touching my lips. He knew how to make a girl keep thinking of him. Was he a player? who just kisses on the first date. Maybe I should try to take it slow. I don't need another broken heart. It's been three years since my engagment was called off but still I wanna be safe than sorry again.