Sparks

Saving Victory

                                                                     

It's basically the family business, my two brothers and my dad are both firefighters.  They didn't want me to follow in their footsteps. It's a tough life. always taking it's toll on your body and emotions. At only 5'4 I was rather petite. My size didn't matter to me. I trained my whole life, training and honing my strengths and skills. Going against the odds, people telling me I needed a different career. Teachers telling me I wouldn't make it to give up. I proved them all wrong.  At the age of 23 I was finally able to enter the academy. I trained for almost a year, for the ssafety and precasution. learning all the rules and regulations. Then after serving my 200 hours of volunteer services I was hired full time.

*****************************************************************************************************

 I've been a Firefighter for 3 years now. It was the best thing to ever happen to me. We were all gathered at the station, just setting down for lunch, I couldn't get my first bite swallowed before the alarm went off.  Sliding down the pole. jumping into those yellow baggy pants, Suspenders on each shoulders, Boots strapped on, jacket on, helmet at the ready. The chief hollared lets roll.

Red lights flashing, sirens blaring. Honking out horn at the traffic making everyone move out of the way. Talkies comunicating in our ears

"This is squad one, we have arrived at the scene, squad 2 is still en route."

 I tossed the hose to Minho, turning on the water reserve. It was supposed to have been a small fire, til the explosion rattled our ears.

"GET BACK EVERYONE GET BACK"

 We were all beside the truck and in the street.

"Help" cough cough "Help"

"CHIEF DID YOU HERE THAT?" 

"HELP"

"It's faint but it's there"

I threw my helmet and oxygen mask on

 "Miaya wait, we don't know if the explosion are done."

"I dont care there's a kid still in there"

The axe was quit heavy. Rudy took it from me.

"IF YOU ARE GOING IN, THEN I AM COMING WITH YOU"

Rudy was the the beefy yet softest guy I knew. He was my older brother only by 2 minutes.

"Dad is gonna kill us when chief tells him"

I had the Hose at the ready

"I don't care"

He took the axe busting into the window, oxygen brought the fire out, Ji-hun took the hose, spraying the hose. with our team work I was able to get into inside the burning house

"HELLO ANYONE HERE HELLO!"

I heard some coughing on the farthest end of the room. My vision was darkened but I could still see

"OKAY I SEE YOU, JUST STAY LOW TO FLOOR AS LOW AS YOU CAN OKAY"

Stepping over broken glass, burning curtains, shattered pictures. I found this small girl wrapped in a blanket laying on the floor. Her face had a few black places from ash. her lips dried and crack. I picked her up in my arms trying to get back to the window. The crackling noises, followed by the roof collasping in front of the window made me look for another route out. The only way to go was the front door. I didn't have much time. The heat and smoke rose up more. There was already fire on the door. It was our only chance.The flames burned wild, Smoke clouded vision. I knew I had to get this kid out of here or neither of us would make it.  I kicked down the engulfed door running out to all the sirens and lights everyone running towards us. As another boom came out of the house. I yelled "She needs oxygen!" The newest Emt comes running out of the ambulance as I placed her on the gurney. Another Paramedic was treating her as I fell to my knees.

"I've got you" My head was fuzzy, body burning. His brown eyes staring back at me. "It's okay you saved her she's going to be okay" He kept reassuring me. He picked me up placing me on the second gurney. "She needs Oxygen and the burn unit." My vision fading in and out. I watched him push me into the ambulance. Closing the doors. "Go Go"

His partner raced us to hospital. He had wrapped my hands in bandages, "Now this might pinch" I just nodded.  He was rather cute. He kept smiling at me. "It's fluids to keep you hydrated. You are suffering mainly from smoke inhalation"  "Thank you"

"Glad I could help such a pretty Firefighter" Yeah, I was definitely delirious. I managed "TTThannk you" before finally blacking out.

I don't know how much time went by when I had finally woken up. My squad had filled up my room. There in the entrance was the cute Emt who had helped me. I leaned over to our chief.

"Chief, Can you ask the Emt to come here." "Hey new guy?" He looked over at us. I smiled. He walked over to my hospital bed.

"How are me feeling? You worried everyone being out for so long" "I feeling rested and ready to get back out there." I raised up he stopped me pushing me back to the bed. "Once your hands have healed then the doctor should let you go back"

"My hands?" The chief placed his hands on my shoulder. "Yes Little, What did you say your name was again? " 

"Seunghyun"

"Little Seunghyun bandaged your hands so fast no debri was able to get in." I looked down at them "How bad are they?" Seunghyun blushed "I dont wanna brag but they are still pretty" The guys pushed him around laughing at him flirting. He tapped my foot with the paper word clip board. "You get well soon, I gotta report back"

 Like that He was gone. In my line of work I would most likely see him again.

 

**********************************************************************************************

THIS IS MEANT TO BE A SHORT STORY AND WILL HAVE SHORT CHAPS.

ALSO THIS WAY I DONT PRESSURE MYSELF TRYING TO RUSH WRITING<3