Chapter 6: Helpful... and Annoying

War on the Seventh Floor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Peeking into the bedroom, he finds the girl tucked warmly into her bed. Well, it is late after all and they did spend the majority of the day together. Scratching the back of his head, Yongguk wonders how he’ll sleep the rest of the night when he had already spent the whole day napping. 

Sohee didn’t think to wake him up at all?

Slipping back into his own apartment, Yongguk heads towards the bathroom. Passing by the mirror, he freezes mid-way before leaning back to look at himself. 

“What the–," 

Getting up close to the mirror, it only makes the mess on his face more prominent. He didn’t see wrong at all. 

Not only are there drawings, he also has on eyeshadow, blush… the whole works. 

Realizing what had happened, he cracks up out loud before observing his current state once more. Looking at his face from different angles, Yongguk decides, “It’s a waste to get rid of all this hard work.”

Pulling out his phone, he did what was only reasonable in this situation.

It was only a little while later that Yongguk decided to remain productive the rest of the night and that included, appearing before Sohee’s door while she was in bed with a handful of printed out images and some tape. It couldn’t be helped– he wasn’t tired at all and now, completely inspired.

After he is finished, he stands back and looks over his handiwork. 

“Amazing,” he compliments it himself.

Now, all that is left is to wait for it.

***

After gathering her belongings, Sohee gets ready to leave for classes. Even in the midst of her rush, her legs come to a screeching halt as she closes her front door to see the mess that greets her.

“What is all this?” She mumbles, not believing the sight she is witnessing. 

Looking from one sheet to another, she finds it is like wallpaper taped all over her front door. Whats worse, it's the same photo over and over again.

When she finally realizes what it is, chuckles rip from her lips. They're photos of Yongguk holding up a peace sign with her masterpiece all over his face. She expected all sorts of outcomes but, this was not one of them. 

Reaching her hand out, she finds a single post-it left on a photo. Reading it, she finds that it says, ‘I owe you a favor’. 

“Well, haven’t I heard that before?” 

Crumbling it, she sticks it inside her bag before leaving– she has wasted enough time already. 

***

The whole day somehow becomes a whole big rush. 

Running from classes, she arrives at the restaurant and is immediately dragged to the back to help her parents with the constant flow of customers. So naturally, Sohee looked forward to coming home for a nice shower before crashing in her bed. 

And so naturally, Yongguk decided it was a nice night to throw a party. 

Halting in her footsteps, Sohee debates whether or not she should just turn around and head to Misoo’s place… she already has her belongings there considering it is her place of escape. 

But then, curiosity got the best of her. 

The people that were crowding in the hallway were definitely staring at her door. Instinctively her feet hurries her to join them and peeking through the tall bodies, she sees what they're so focused on. 

Oh, right. Yongguk had done that. How could she have forgotten?

“Oh, Sohee!” One of the taller ones turn around to greet her and she soon recognizes him as Himchan. They have met once before. 

“Hello,” she curtly responds. She isn’t sure if it's a good idea to act friendlier than she really is. 

“..Did Yongguk do this?” he questions while pointing at the mess still on her door.

She nods. “Are you surprised?”

“Actually, yeah,” he laughs and the others seem to also share his sentiment. 

“Are you guys coming back–,"

The small group, Sohee included, turn around and meet Yongguk’s surprised expression. He stops mid-question and his lips soon form a smile when his eyes land on her.

“Oh, you met my friends…,”

She automatically narrows her eyes. 

She didn’t want to.

Himchan looks from Yongguk to Sohee before breaking the uncomfortable silence. “Hey, Sohee, want to join us?”

As if he knows she's going to shake her head or verbally reject the idea, Himchan and the other guy in the group hooks their arms with hers and drag her backwards. Amused by the sight, Yongguk merely stands aside and holds the door open. The light in the hallway disappears as soon as Yongguk closes his front door and Sohee has to readjust to the sudden darkness with strobe lights blinking here and there. 

“So, this is Daehyun, Youngjae, Jongup, and Junhong,” Himchan shouts above the loud music. 

This is the first time entering Yongguk’s apartment and already, Sohee wants out. 

“You know, I just got back from work and I’m gross and–,"

But, they are not having it. 

Why is it so hard to just sleep? Their insistence and persuading fades to the loud background as Sohee’s eyes land on Yongguk who is standing behind the group. His contented smile only irking her more the longer she stares. 

Is this a challenge?

Himchan and the others don't notice the staring contest between her and Yongguk and simply pulls her away towards the counter in the kitchen. In front of her sits all types of alcohol and she knows it is a bad idea, she knows the path she is heading down w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter