Chapter 5: Homeless... and Annoying

War on the Seventh Floor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sitting up in a start, Sohee doesn’t know what woke her up until another round of knocks on her front door breaks the silence. 

Groaning, she slips out of bed to answer it.

It may just be her imagination but, she is seriously not getting the same amount of sleep that she is used to. Even when there is no party. Pulling the door open to end the assault on her front door and upon her sensitive ears, she comes face to face with someone that she has never seen before in her life–, 

First issue. 

“Where’s Yongguk?”

It takes a moment before the question registers in Sohee’s mind. “Yongguk?” Why is this girl knocking on her door to ask about someone irrelevant to her? “He lives next door,” she says with the point of her finger. 

“He’s not there,” the girl replies blankly. 

Second issue. 

Sohee is at a loss. “Then, what did you want me to do about it?” Is this conversation as meaningless as she thinks it is or is it because she's still half-asleep. Nonetheless, when the girl doesn't provide a response, Sohee begins to close her door with the thought of returning to bed in mind.

“Wait,” the stranger calls out and pushes the door back so that it would remain open, “when did you last see him?”

“I don’t keep tabs on him,” Sohee responds still trying to push her door close. To be very honest, after fixing her door, he primarily left her alone and she was extremely thankful for it. And, for about a week, she felt like she could live in peace and quiet finally. This week has been made up of dreams. 

“But, he’s your neighbor.” The girl refuses to give up. Never once reflecting on her own words to find that it's probably useless to ask someone like Sohee. 

“That doesn’t mean anything to me,” Sohee retorts. “Now, will you please?” 

After a moment, the girl removes her hands on the door and Sohee pushes it closed. Locking her door, she stares at it for a moment.

“Unbelievable,” she mumbles quietly before heading back to bed. In her state, she could at least catch another hour or two of shut-eye. 

Yet, it hasn’t even been a full five-minute interval when the knocks return. She thinks about ignoring it but, when the knocks grow harsher and more frequent with each passing second, she is forced to answer it once more. 

Jerking the door open, Sohee knows exactly what she wants to say.

“Listen here–,"

A hand covers and her steps stagger backwards so that the individual could make his way inside before closing her front door behind him. The usual annoyance that would make an appearance whenever Yongguk shows up, fails to be felt this time around– is she too burnt out to even react at this point?

Speaking of which, she was pretty calm earlier when she was dealing with that strange girl as well. 

“Good morning and just listen before you say anything,” he requests and retracts his hand while already trying to soothe her. 

For the sake of getting to the bottom of this, Sohee holds her tongue, offering the silence that Yongguk asked for. 

“Can I hide here for a while?”

Bewildered by his lack of explanation, Sohee ends up staring at him before the realization comes over her. “You’re hiding from that girl.” She didn’t believe in coincidences. 

“Girl?”

“A girl knocked on my door earlier looking for you. You know, brown long hair and about this height.” Sohee places her hand horizontally beside her ear. 

Yongguk stiffens up upon hearing the news. “Did she say anything?” 

“Yeah, she asked where you were and if I saw you.” Sohee watches his reaction before adding, “She looked kind of desperate to find you… you’re not being mean to her, are you?” Was he ruining another life besides hers? How ambitious. 

“Of course, not,” he dismisses her accusations. “Do I look like I could be mean?”

“I don’t know who you are,” she replies honestly before walking towards her front door. She reaches for the doorknob. “You should go home now–,"

A hand contacting t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter