02 | Day 01

I Dare You

[Yoseob's POV]

 

The classes I had with Eunmi were Music and English, but I also had Jihye in English. It's going to be hard for me to approach Eunmi when Jihye is around. I have English before my Music class, and so I could just approach her doing Music class. All I can hope for right now is that she says 'yes'.

Kikwang was also in my English class, and so we both went together. It was a pretty silent walk, probably because Kikwang was still feeling guilty about tripping my soon to be girlfriend. I know it's mean of me to ask Eunmi out, even if I don't have any feelings for her. I'm already feeling guilty myself, but I have to do this. It's either asking Eunmi out or losing B2ST as a friend. And the choice is pretty clear to me.

When we entered the classroom, all eyes were on us. The teacher hasn't arrived yet, but most of the students had. Most of them were gawking at us, which I found a bit uncomfortable. Eunmi and Jihye looked at us for a short period of time, before Jihye made Eunmi's attention turn back on her. Before they turned away from us, Jihye gave us a cold glare, which mostly went to Kikwang. He looked away, and went to take his seat. Lucky us, because our seats were behind them.

Right when we took our seats, the bell rang, signaling that class was starting. The teacher walked in calmly, and scanned the room, before taking a seat at their desk.

Eunmi turned around, and waved at the both of us. I gave her a big smile, while Kikwang hesitantly waved back. "Hey guys!" She then turned to Kikwang, giving him a small smile. "Don't look sad, I've forgiven you already."

"But-"

Eunmi put her hand up, signaling for Kikwang to stop talking. He obeyed and she put her hand down, giving him another smile. "It's fine, and I'm over it. If I'm over it, then you should be over it too. OK?"

Kikwang hesitantly nodded, "OK..."

"Great!" said Eunmi, before turning to the front. The teacher was busy writing down notes onto the chalkboard, and didn't notice Eunmi talking to us. Unfortunately, some of the people around us did, especially the girls. They shot daggers at Eunmi, making her shiver. Jihye noticed this, and shot a glare right back at them. It didn't seem to faze them at all.

One of the girls rolled up a blank piece of paper into a ball, and threw it at Eunmi. Before it could touch her, I deflected it with my hand. Both Eunmi and Jihye were surprised, and so were the girls.

"It's not good to waste paper." I told them, picking up the rolled up paper ball on the ground. I then handed it back to the girl, who took it back, blushing in embarrassment. "And it's not nice to throw it at others."

The girl nodded, "Y-Yes, oppa..."

I gave her a smile, making her blush even more. When I turned away, Eunmi smiled at me. I smiled back.

"Thanks, Yoseob-sshi." She thanked.

I nodded, "No problem! And call me oppa, OK?" Eunmi seemed surprised at my request, but then nodded. Jihye turned Eunmi's head to the front, and shot a glare at me. I wonder why she hates me so much. I mean, I didn't do anything wrong to her or Eunmi... Yet.

Kikwang sighed, putting his head down. I looked at him, and poked his arm. He didn't budge, but he groaned. At times like these, I shouldn't bother Kikwang. When he is really upset, he would put his head down, shielding himself from everyone. I know he feels guilty, but Eunmi did say it was 'OK'. I'll know how he feels soon. Maybe I'll feel even worse than him when I break Eunmi's heart. I wonder if I will still be alive when that happens? Jihye will tear me into shreds when I break up with her.

While I was in my own world, I wasn't even paying attention to anything in class. I wasn't even writing down the notes! But, the teacher didn't seem to care. They didn't even notice because when they finished writing all the notes on the chalkboard for us to copy, she went straight to her computer, and ignored us all. They call that a teacher?

A teacher doesn't just make there students write down notes, expecting them to get it all. There was so many notes, some people's hands were starting to cramp up. They didn't even teach us any of these stuff! I know I should start writing these notes down, but I was simply to lazy. I could always copy them from Kikwang, so it wasn't a big deal. Right now, I just wanted time to hurry up so I can get to my next class.

As if my prayers have been answered, the bell rang. Students, including myself, jolted up from there seats. I gathered up my things, while watching Jihye and Eunmi make there way out the door. I was about to follow them, but then forgot about Kikwang who was sitting right beside me. He was slowly packing his stuff up, while I waited for him.

I tapped my foot impatiently, "C'mon Kikwang, we don't have all day." It felt like a whole hour had passed, watching Kikwang pack his things up, but it was really 1 minute. It's a good thing Music class was close to English classes, or else I would be late to it. For Kikwang, I'm not so sure. He has Gym next period, and it's farther away from here.

"Bye Kikwang~" I said to him, giving him a small wave. He nodded silently, and walked away. He should really cheer up. I'm sure the guys and I will be able to cheer him up tonight, and then he will be back to the normal Kikwang.

When I arrived to my Music class, I spotted Eunmi in the far back, sitting alone. She was putting her things under her chair, and when she looked up... Our eyes met. Eunmi was the first to break our eye contact, as she looked away blushing slightly. I chuckled silently at her action, and then made my way towards the seat next to her.

I sat down, surprising her and the others around me. They've never seen B2ST or I converse with Eunmi before. Oh well, there's always a first for everything.

"Hi Eunmi!" I greeted her, giving her my infamous big smile.

She smiled back at me, "Hi Yoseob... Oppa."

"How are you doing?" I asked her.

Eunmi shrugged, "I'm fine, but I feel a bit worried for Kikwang." Worried for Kikwang? Why? As if she read my mind, she answered my question. "He's been down ever since he tripped me in the cafeteria today. I couldn't help but think it was my fault."

I shook my head, "Don't worry, it's not your fault. He needs to learn how to be a man. And to be a man, he can't just mope around like that."

Eunmi slowly nodded, "O-OK, I guess..."

I took in a deep breath. It was now or never. And I choose now. "Look Eunmi..." Eunmi turned to me, nodding her head for me to go on. "I know we haven't talked much and all... And we barely know each other... But I was wondering if you would like to... Be my..."

"Friend?" She asked.

I shook my head, "No, not friend." Eunmi looked disappointed in my answer, and I quickly realized what I said. "It would be nice to be friends with you, but it would be great if you would... Be my... Girlfriend?"

"Girlfriend?" Eunmi repeated, giving me a look of disbelief.

I nodded, blushing slightly. "Y-Yeah... Girlfriend."

Eunmi went silent. I didn't dare say anything next, because she was thinking. Thinking about what to say. I just hope what she says is 'yes'.

"O...K?" She said to me, unsure.

"You sound unsure. 'OK' to being my girlfriend? Or 'OK' to not really caring about what I said, which means you are rejecting me."

"OK, to being your girlfriend." She answered me, smiling.

My eyes widened, "Really?"

"Yup!" Eunmi said nodding, giving me a dazzling smile. Did I just say dazzling?

I literally jumped in my head, but I didn't do it right in front of her. It would make me look like an idiot in front of her, and in front of the class. Speaking of class, when did class start? By the time Eunmi and I finished talking, everyone was in the middle of singing a song. I looked at Eunmi, who looked back at me, and we both smiled shyly at each other, before we began singing.

I did it. I asked her out and she said yes. Come to think of it, it was pretty easy. I thought it would be harder than this, but I guess it isn't. Take that B2ST,  I did part of my dare. Now all I have to do is wait a week before... Breaking her heart.

 

-

 

Class ended rather quickly, and I waited outside for Eunmi. Jihye then appeared, and looked surprised to see me. None the less, she glared at me.

"What are you doing here?" She asked me, crossing her arms.

I shrugged, "This was my class to, you know. And I'm waiting for someone."

"Who?" Jihye asked.

I smiled at her, "My girlfriend."

Eunmi then appeared, and was surprised to see the both of us. "Y-Yoseob oppa! Jihye unnie!"

"Oppa?" Jihye pointed at me, like I was some sort of mutant. She gave me a disgusted look, "When did you start calling him 'oppa'?"

I smiled at Jihye, and put an arm around Eunmi's shoulder. Eunmi blushed, and Jihye gave me a cold glare. "It started today. I'm her boyfriend."

"BOYFRIEND?! Uh... NO! I DON'T THINK SO!"  Jihye yelled, and pulled Eunmi away from me. I was about to pull her back, but then I stopped. Jihye had a tight hold on Eunmi's arm and if I pulled on her other arm, it would cause her pain. The both of them walked away, well... Jihye dragged Eunmi away, while Eunmi gave me an apologetic look. I gave her a small smile before waving goodbye.

 

"Yoseob!" shouted Doojoon. I turned around to see him and the rest of B2ST coming my way. I smiled at them, and began making my way towards them. "We saw everything man, you did it!"

I nodded, smiling sheepishly. I had already begun feeling guilty. "Yeah, I did."

"I can't wait to see her reaction when you break-up with her." said Junhyung, smirking rather evily.

Hyunseung bit his lip, "You don't think it will scar her for life right?"

Dongwoon shrugged, "I hope not, I mean... This is all just a fun joke."

"Yeah, but not to her." said Hyunseung. He actually sounded a bit... Guilty? At first he was all in on the dare, but now it seems as though he doesn't want to be apart of it. "Eunmi seems like a fragile girl. She'll break into pieces when she finds out the cold hard truth."

"So?" asked Doojoon in a not caring voice. It kind of ticked me off, but I held in my anger. If I lashed out at him, he would just yell back at me, with the others by his side.

Hyunseung sighed, "Girls are really fragile. I think we should stop this dare before things go to far."

"Your turning soft Hyunseung." Junhyung said, shooting a glare at Hyunseung.

Doojoon nodded, "Yeah, what happened to the mysterious cold Hyunseung?"

"He's changing." With that being said, Hyunseung walked away in silence. I wanted to go after him, but my feet wouldn't move. Kikwang went after him though, probably because he feels the same way. I feel that way to... But how come I won't go?

Doojoon rolled his eyes, "Leave him. Those two will come back."

Hyunseung and Kikwang don't want this dare to continue. I couldn't agree more with them. I wanted to be like them, being able to walk away from these guys. The guys were all good friends, but sometimes... They would act like this, and I didn't like it. Not one bit. Hyunseung was actually the first to take a stand. Why can't I be like that?

What's done is done. Starting today, it was day one. Eunmi and I will become closer and closer, until a new week starts. I'm not ready to break her heart, but I don't want to disappoint Doojoon, Dongwoon, and Junhyung. I'm such a fool for giving into peer pressure.

 

[Eunmi's POV]

 

"Your dating him?" asked Jihye.

I nodded at her, "Yes. Don't worry though, everything's going to be fine."

Jihye scoffed, "Yoseob and his friends are jerks. They all and always will be."

I know Jihye would react this way. It's just like her. From the start, Jihye has never liked any of the B2ST members, and she won't be anytime soon. They didn't do anything wrong to me, besides Kikwang tripping me. But he felt bad and so I forgave him. They aren't that bad at all.

When Yoseob asked me out, I was very surprised and happy. But I was also suspicious. Why would Yoseob ask out me, of all the other girls? I barely even knew the guy, and yet... I accepted to be his girlfriend. It was a really dumb move of me, and Yoseob is my first boyfriend. I just hope our relationship doesn't end badly.

I had this feeling inside of me... I had a feeling that Yoseob was playing with me. Jihye also had this feeling, so I'm not alone on this. This suspicious feeling I'm having about him is being covered up with all my happiness. I'm giving Yoseob a chance. Who knows? Maybe he isn't playing with me. Maybe he has liked me for a long time, and took up all his courage to ask me out today. I was also having doubtful feelings... I've been thinking that Yoseob was playing with me. Maybe he's pitying me? Am I a fool for accepting his confession?


Author's Note: Here is chapter 2. I apologize for not updating yesterday, but I was busy with some stuff, and then I fell asleep. Tomorrow is Yang Yoseob's birthday. For some people, it's today. Even though I am early, I'll say it anyway.

Happy Early Birthday Yang Yoseob!

Thanks everyone, who subscribed. And please do comment, plus... If you haven't already, please subscribe. I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

 

~ FlyingHigh