10 | I Dare You

I Dare You

[Eunmi's POV]

 

I stared out the window, watching the snow fall. It was snowing yet again, but I didn't mind. It may be cold outside, but it was a beautiful sight. Jihye had visited me in the morning and kept me company. I'm grateful to have a best friend like her. She was always there for me when I needed her. For that, I am grateful towards her. Without her in my life, I don't know what I'd do.

A knock came from my door, causing my attention to turn there. "Come in," I said to whoever was at the door. The door slowly opened to reveal Yoseob. I held back a small smile that was about to form upon seeing him. "Ah, you're here."

Yoseob nodded his head and smiled at me, before closing the door. "Hello Eunmi."

"Yoseob," I said his name, which seemed to roll off my tongue perfectly. His smile grew wider as I said his name. "I remember you. In fact, I never forgot you."

Confusion came across his face as he began walking towards me. He took a seat beside my bed, looking me in the eyes. I knew the question that was about to come next. "Why did you lie?" Bingo. He asked the question I was anticipating.

"Because..." I began to say, pausing for a bit. "You lied to me. And I lied to you. You're lie brought pain to me, and my lie brought pain to you."

"So you did this to get even with me?" asked Yoseob in disbelief.

I nodded my head, and looked away from him. "Yes I did, and I apologize for that. It turns out I can't lie long. Jihye talked some sense into me about the whole lying thing, thus... I texted you to come back so I could clear everything up." Yoseob nodded his head silently, taking in everything I had just said. I then turned my head away from the window, and back to him. "Are you mad at me?"

Yoseob shook his head before laughing softly. "No, I'm not mad. You should be the one mad at me. My lie was way worse than yours."

"It was, and I'm still mad." I told him honestly. I saw no surprise in his expression, just an understanding look. "But I'll get over it."

Silence... Neither one of us continued to talk. I didn't know what to say to him. I have told him the truth, and there is nothing left to say. Yoseob stood up from his chair, taking a seat on the foot of my bed. He wasn't looking at me, but at the ground. I then got up from my bed as well, and crawled to his side. Yoseob seemed a bit shock at my sudden action, since I was getting closer to him, but he stayed put. When I got to his side, I put my hand on his. He flinched, but tried to remain calm.

"Eunmi," He called out my name in almost a whisper. I put a finger to my lips, telling him to be quiet. I laid my head against his shoulder, holding onto his hand tighter. Closing my eyes, I began taking deep breaths, in and out. What was I doing? I didn't know that myself. My body seemed to have a mind of it's own. My mind told my body to stop moving; To get away from him. My body didn't listen, and instead got closer. "Can we go back?"

I opened my eyes, loosening my hold against him. Yoseob noticed this and so he held my hand tighter. I didn't mind, because it actually felt good. "Go back to what?" I asked him as I closed my eyes yet again. I felt secure when I was at his side. The longer my head was on his shoulder, the more sleepier I was getting.

"Can we get back together?" He asked me. My eyes shot open, and I quickly moved my head away from his shoulder. Yanking my hand out of his, I stood up from my bed, charging for the door. I was about to open the door, but was stopped by Yoseob. He pushed himself in front of me, blocking me from the door. "Where are you going? You didn't answer my question."

I backed away from him, looking anywhere but at his face. Making my way back to my bed, I made myself get comfortable under the covers. "I was going to open the door and tell you to leave."

"OK, but why won't you answer my question?" Yoseob asked me as he began to walk towards me. He sat down on the chair next to my bed. "Do you not want to get back together with me?"

"No, I don't want to get back together with you. I don't love you as much as I did before." I answered him honestly. "Because of that... I'm not getting back together with you. "

Yoseob went silent as his eyes went downcast. He felt dejected, it was obvious. "Do you think you will ever love me again?"

I simpy shrugged at him, "Maybe or maybe not. Why do you want to get back together with me? Weren't I just a girl part of your little games? Remember? This was all a lie..."

"No," said Yoseob as he abruptly stood up from his chair. "This wasn't all just a lie, Eunmi. To them, you were just part of the game. But to me..." He walked closer to me, and grabbed my hands. He intertwined our fingers together and looked me straight in the eyes. "You were much more."

"W-What do you mean?" I asked him while stuttering. I pulled my hands away from his, backing away from him.

"Eunmi," He muttered my name, as he sat on my bed. "I love you." Without letting me respond back to him, he crashed his lips onto mine. It was different from the one in the cafeteria though. This one was more gentle, and not as rough. It was the kiss I had always wanted for my first kiss. Slowly, I started to kiss him back as well.

It was a kiss that lasted seconds, but seemed like hours. It was magical. I pulled away from him, blushing furiously. He to was blushing, but not as much as me. I touched my lips in surprise. Surprised that Yoseob had kissed me; Surprised that I had kissed back.

"You do love me," said Yoseob, smirking.

I rolled my eyes at him, and pushed him off my bed. He didn't fall like I had wanted to. "I don't love you..."

"Liar," He stuck his tongue out at me.

"Maybe I do love you... But not as much as I did before." I confessed, looking away from him, feeling slightly embarrassed. "Are you up for a dare?"

Yoseob gave me a puzzled look, "Depends on what the dare is."

I smirked at him, and motioned for him to come closer to me. Confused, he did what I asked him to do. He came closer to me, where our faces were almost an inch apart. I started leaning forward, putting my lips close to his ear. This was a dare that I was sure he was willing to do. "I dare you to make me fall in love with you, like the way I did before."


Author's Note: Guess what? This is the final chapter... I know it's a crappy ending, but yeah... This is the end. This was intended to be a short story, and it was. Thanks to all the subscribers for commenting. And thanks a bunch for commenting. Most final chapters are long, but this one is short. I apologize for that... xP I hope you enjoyed this story!

 

~ FlyingHigh