Choose and Shoot

Either X or O


Choose and shoot 🔫
(can you hear the wae yeppeun nae dugo gashina?)

 

Seulgi decided her first day of school with such a positive spirit and some hyperactive mood today. Not really a first day but first day of her new school. She changed her hair colour from black to brown, since she had a thought her black hair bring her some bad luck (say her mom, heol). She really want to change herself from being a clumsy and quiet person to a different person.

She received a lot of hate before and she wished that this will never happen in her new school. It just a normal school, not an ‘All girl school’ or some art school. Somewhere in Seoul. She moved from Jeju and suddenly she has to force herself to live in a big city.

 

She hoped she won’t miss the bus and she begged her brother to accompany her all along her way too school.

 

After done tying up her shoes, she walked outside the door and her brother already wait for her outside. He doesn’t realise her presence as he is so immersed with the latest game he downloaded last week. Seulgi stare at him with such a fierce gaze, could make a hole on his forehead.

“Kang Wonwoo, let’s go,” she called and wonwoo just casually raised his head and look at his sister. the way her sister wear her new uniform is kind of weird. Maybe, he doesn’t use with seeing her sister in school uniform since he is so busy with his life. Then he realise, where is his youngest sister, Kang Suyeon. He stop playing his game and slip his phone inside his green sweater’s right pocket while his eyes searching for Suyeon.

“hey, where is yeon?”

“mom will send her to school. She already reminded us during breakfast. Where were you?” Seulgi replied, shot him with some sarcastic tone as she walk in front of him. She placed both of her hands inside her uniform’s pockets and keep on walking ahead. Wonwoo shook his head as he knows seulgi is so done with him.

“you are walking in a wrong way, seul. The bus stop is on our left.”

Seulgi immediately changed her direction without any words and she really want to be in school right away. It was such a shame. And it even worse because of how shameless she is. “I’m new, after all.”

“that’s why you have to walk behind me, Kang Seulgi. Step off, I’m going to lead you.”

Seulgi just rolled her eyes since her brother was so proud of himself. Wonwoo really use with Seoul because he used to be a trainee in one of those company but for some hidden reason, he left. Even Seulgi was so confuse with his sudden twisted decision.

She waited for the bus and she could see most of students were already there, waiting for the next bus to come. She looked at them briefly and she could see that most of the students there are from the same school of her. The uniform look same? Yes.

 

She look at them again as she has nothing to do and she realised something is weird.

 

Is it my eyes or is this for real?

 

She stares again and few of the girls that she looked at are kind of pissed off with her. But seulgi manage to send them some friendly smile and thankfully, they pay back well. She pull out her left hand and poked his brother’s back slowly.

Wonwoo raised his head, “what?” while his eyes are focusing on the game. Seulgi come a bit closer to his ears and whisper, “bro, all of these students are couple? Or is it me who get it wrong? all of them has their own partner?”

At first, he ignored her. “only you, I guess.” This girl really like to stare at people, that’s what he’s thought while playing the game. When he is done shooting the mega enemy, he raised his head to rest his eyes for awhile. Questioning himself, why the bus is so late? But then he looked again towards the students accidentally.

With his second glance, he realised it too. He realised what Seulgi saw just now. He nudged Seulgi’s left arm and she immediately focused on him.

“hey, seul.”

“what? You realised it too?”

He nodded his head, striking last glance towards his sis and shrugged his shoulders all of sudden. Seugi waited for Wonwoo to say anything and he says,

 

“it’s gonna be hard for you, good luck seul.”

 

Seulgi pushed his right arm right away and shook her head a few times. She knows what does he means. With that face of her, who would want her to be their girlfriend? Wonwoo chuckled and stay a few metres from his sister to avoid any sudden reaction from her.

 

*

 

Seulgi thought she won’t be nervous. She already pray for the whole month, that she won’t feel nervous. But she did, until this morning. It seems like everyone has their own partner.

 

Oh . Nice. The hell is going on with this school?

 

She should has been so cool but the thought of having a boyfriend right away on the first day, is really too much. The fact that Kang Wonwoo doesn’t stop laughing since they were in the bus until he sent her away while saying good luck, non-stop, is really too much.

 

She knows how it feel to be rejected.

 

And her brother , makes her feel even worse. She really wants to kill her brother sometimes but not today. He actually sent her to school even though she’s already in her 2nd grade in high school. But it still makes her worry.

While she is worrying about something useless in front of the office, someone tapped her shoulder which makes her wake up from the daydream. She almost hit the person who did that because it WAS so hurt. As she turn around, she met someone who she knew.

 

“Mijoo?”

“Yah, Kang Seulgi! Oh my god, I know it is you! You still look the same!”

It was her friend. Her friend who moved to Seoul last year, left her all by herself. They just contact each other in the internet and no more. So, it feel so distance with Mijoo and since Jeju is too far from Seoul, their relationship almost died.

Mijoo hugged her tightly and ignoring all of those peoples who are watching. One of the teachers, just shook her head since these kids are making a reunion in front of the school office. Just what kind of reunion is this. Seulgi didn’t like some skinship like this, but do you think she has any choice?

“I thought we won’t meet again,” Mijoo said, while embracing Seulgi very tight and almost make Seulgi lost her breath. But she let her go after feel so satisfied.

“I am not death yet. So sure we can meet again. You told me to see you next month last two weeks, right?” Seulgi replied as she trying to get back all the oxygen she needed. Mijoo is so tall that when she hugged someone, that someone feel so suffocated. How can a girl be so tall? Seulgi always wonder that.

 

“Oh right. Yes, sorry. I’m too excited to see you. Why you didn’t tell me this is your new school?”

“Make a surprise for you, darling.”

“Oh, such a surprise!” Mijoo said, and she is not kidding as she lead their way towards the classroom. “so, which class are you in?”

Seulgi check her new file and read her new class properly. “2B-1. Are you in the same class?”

Mijoo raised her eyebrows and heaved a frustrated sigh. “Oh, dang it! We’re not in the same class, Seul. We’re taking different course. I’m not taking the whole Science subjects,” she told her and seulgi just shrugged her shoulders. Because she is totally fine without Mijoo in the same class but its better if she is.

 

“So, which class are you?”

“2D-1. Art classes but I took physics as my extra subject. So, I hoped we could study that together.”

“Ah, architect pathway? You loved buildings, right?”

“BINGO. So here is your class. Later, during recess, I’m going to show you about your locker, and the other places,” mijoo told her as she pointed her index finger to the right. But they are walking towards the left, since the classes are on the left side.

“But Joo, i’ve got something to ask,” Seulgi stopped in front of her new class and Mijoo just asked her what with a smile. “yes?”

“everyone here has their own partner or what?”

MIjoo raised her eyebrows and slowly, she nodded her head. She stands a bit closer towards Seulgi to explain about this stuff. “Yes. How can you notice it so quickly? Damn, your sense is no kidding.”

“Including you?”

“Yes, seul. You need to find one too,” Mijoo said, and she just heaved a sigh. Since she knows, Seulgi will be so confused on how weird this school is. Seulgi is confused but her worry level is higher than confuse bar.

“So, I need to find a partner?”

“Yes. All of us go through this, Seul. Me too. Almost everyone here are not single.”

“Seriously? How ? And who else are not single?”

“Just shoot a boy next to your classroom.”

Seulgi rolled her eyes and start to tied up her hair and place it on her right shoulder. “What the hell? Shoot ? Oh my, how? What happened?”

“One day, you will know why, Seul. The news about a new girl student will spread widely in this town so you really need to shoot that boy.”

“Who?”

“The only boy in the school, who bleach his hair with white colour.”

“Wait—what? Joo, do I really have to do this?””

Mijoo just nodded her head and closed her eyes. Seulgi must be so confused since she has been in the same state last year. The bell rang right away and Seulgi just get inside her class with such a confuse, worry and crazy mind.

 

*

Who am I ; Seulgi.

 

I’ve found my target.

But I'm really confused. What am I doing right now? Why is everyone has their own partner? Is it part of the school’s tradition? Wow, why I never heard about this before? I should have make some research. NO. I should have asked Mijoo, to be honest.

Is the only guy that available is this white hair guy? I couldn’t ask many things and I really need to shoot that boy less in one hour since the break is only left one hour. Mijoo nudged my arm just now after show me which one is the white hair boy and wow, holy —

 

He is one of those good looking I ever meet in my whole life. Oh . I’m really gonna fall for him one day.

 

Dangerous. Bad boy vibe?

 

“He didn’t have a girlfriend?”

“No one dare to shoot him, Seul.’

“Why?”

“Look at him. He is quite hard to reach. So, go and shoot him before the end of the school. Catch him later.”

I just gulped my last sip of tea and could only answer a sigh for Mijoo. I am seriously couldn’t understand what is happening. This is my ing first day and I have to do this? Duh. Why is Mijoo doesn’t tell me anything? Why would Mijoo asked me to shoot a quite hard to reach guy? Where did she gain her confidence?

 

“Is there no other guys?”

“Trust me. Nobody is single. The only one who is available, is him.”

“What did I bring myself to inside this school, Joo?”

“Seul. It’s not about the school. It’s about the city.

 

Okay. What the hell is going on? The city seems fine? Should I ask Wonwoo later? Maybe, he knows something. Is this has something with his sudden twisted decision? Duh. Why is everyone here is so secretive?

“By the way, Seul. His name is Lee Taeyong. And his class is 2B-1. Remember that.”

 

 

 

There’s another ten minutes left.

Seulgi. Braced yourself, he is just right in front of you. Thankfully, nobody is here. He is walking all by himself, only look forward.

 

I should just tap his shoulder. His shoulder. Yes, seulgi. His shoulder. His shoulder. His shoul—

 

“Ow!”

 

I screamed as my nose hit him accidentally. It must be I am so immersed with the new curse inside my mind. And I’m really hit my nose with his right shoulder. Duh, this is so embrassing. Am I walking too close to him? Damn.

“Are you okay?” he asked me, after turning his back when he heard the unexpected scream. It’s not a pain scream actually. More too so shock scream.

I nodded my head while holding my nose and rubbed it. What a hard shoulder he has. I raised my head and meet this white hair boy’s eyes. Hold on. His eyes look so gentle. Mijoo, you’ve got to be kidding me. This is not right.

He is not the one for me.

He is way TOO good for me to take him.

“You need to go to the clinic. The accident was quite hard just now. Your nose is red,” he asked me and gawd, I couldn’t look at him in his eyes. He is such a good looking man. Damn. How should I say ? no—how should I asked him out?

This is too much. I’m going to burst.

“Look, new student. I’m sorry—“

“Taeyong-sshi, I would like to have you as my boyfriend! Will you accept me?”

 

 

I didn’t realised I was too loud until I saw there are a lot of students here.

 

Okay. Nice timing, guys.

 

I can’t look at him right now and I just hid my face under my long brown hair. I don’t know what kind of reaction he gave me just now. Gawd. I’m so dead now. Should I hit Mijoo? For choosing me this boy?

No. For why she didn’t tell me what is going on.

 

 

“Well, okay. Wait for me after school. At the hall,” that is all I heard and I could feel he is hugging me—hiding me from all the people who were watching?—and he my hair gently.

 

What is going on? How. Wow.

 

 

Is this luck or else ?

 

 


Picture's credit: p:seulgi [tumblr]

 

hey guys! it's been a long time i've made a new ff. this ff has been in my draft for a quite long time so its time to release it from it's cage lol. i hope you guys like it and subscribe, if you love it and wait for the next chap ♥

 

lots of love for seulgi and taeyong 。◕‿‿◕。