Dedication

Dare to Dedication - Jongup

Over the weeks, you two would occasionally pass by each other in the hallways of TS Entertainment. Not being able to exchange greetings or glances to one another, you two continued on trying to separate your lives from one another.

One afternoon, a soft knock came from the side of your cubicle. Turning around in your chair, you eyes met with the one man whom you have been trying to avoid.

“Hey… I know I am probably the last person you want to see at the moment, but give me just a moment of your time” Jongup pleaded while he stood tall before you.

“I’ll give you a moment” You told him softly, as your eyes quickly glanced over his figure standing before you in his army uniform. Knowing that he was called to military service, you kept your eyes on him knowing this might be the last time you could see this man standing before you.

“I don’t know what is going to happen, but I don’t want you to wait for me. You deserve more than just me” He spoke, “I am sorry for placing this bet on you, but to me you were more than a bet, you were my true love.”

Watching his hands shake slightly within one another, he stood tall, his brown eyes peering into yours while he tried to mend your broken heart and his. “Goodbye, ________. Thank you for all of the memories. They will be locked in my heart.”

Lifting his hand, he saluted you as a tear trailed down his cheek. Breaking the salute, he bent down and grabbed his bag before walking out your office to head down to the van that was waiting for him outside.

Hearing the goodbye, you watched him walk away in shock as he stopped right outside the door and peered through the frosted glass. Taking in a deep breath, he waited a little moment to see if you would come after him before he headed downstairs to catch the van that was waiting for him still.

Climbing inside the vehicle, he buckled up and peered out the window, his eyes scaling the building as he saw your figure pressed against the window.

Tears streamed down your face as you couldn’t help but feel your heart shatter within the tight pressure of your chest as the cavity filled with mixed emotions.

Two years of service, three jobs changes for you, two dates and moving.

Jongup stepped out of the van, the parking lot greeted him while the van drove off. Pulling a worn and tattered picture of you from his chest pocket. He took one final look at the picture that was burned into his mind, the same picture he looked at every morning and night, the same picture he confessed, begged for forgiveness and wished on every lucky star to hold you just once more.

Taking a deep breath, he rounded your apartment building thinking that you still lived in the same residence that you did when he left. Climbing the few steps up to your door, he gently knocked on the black door before a man answered the door.

“I’m sorry to bother you, but have you seen this girl? She used to live here?” Jongup questioned as he showed them the picture of you that he had held onto for two years.

“I’m sorry, sir. I haven’t seen her before.” The man on the other side of the door answered.

Thanking the man, he grabbed his bag and headed down the stairs, looking up into the stars, his mind began to wonder to what other residences you could be staying at, where you were at this very moment.

Beginning his journey to find you, he headed down the street to your next favorite place along with your friends homes just to try and find you.

Knocking on the next door, he watched an old couple answer their door. Explaining his story and his plea to see if they know you or have seen you around. “Sorry to be a bother but have you seen this girl?” Shaking their heads slightly from side to side, Jongup graciously thanked him as he peered down at the picture between his fingertips.

“I have carried this picture with me through the past two years, it has seen everything from miracles to death and I just want the chance to return her the picture that she once gave me after graduation.” Taking a deep breath he continued, “She’s been running through my dreams, and it’s driving me crazy it seems.” Jongup reasoned with the elderly couple as they shook their heads, but wishing the young man on his journey to find you.

Hours turned into days as he continued to try to find you. Tracking down your job changes along with a few long nights of knocking on doors, he slowly began to walk up a long driveway to another building of apartments. Dropping his head down, he looked left and right to find the building number that matched with number on a ripped paper that he was betting on to find you.

Your beautiful fingers wrapped around the warm cup of hot chocolate all cuddled up with a hoodie and a blanket. Glancing down at the dark shadow that tred up the inclined driveway, his eyes lifted to see your feet propped up against the railing, rocking back and forth in a large rocking chair. Watching the man stop in the road, the moonlight and the dim streetlights reflected off of the gold buttons of his uniform.

Finding the building he was looking for, he climbed to the second story, matching the door number to the number on the smudged paper, he rounded the corner to see your figure relaxing underneath the clearest blanket of stars he has seen in two years.

“Miss ______?” His voice was kind and gentle, careful not to startle such a beautiful being before him. Turning around to look at the man that stood before you, your jaw dropped as you removed your feet from the railing and placed your cooling hot chocolate on the railing as you stood to your feet, never thinking that you would be able to see the face that stood before you ever again.

“Jongup?” You stammered in unbelief that he was standing in front of you.

“I’m sorry about before… I just didn’t want you life to end if I didn’t come back…” Jongup reasoned as he looked into your eyes while tears piled in his own.

“My life ended when you said goodbye..” You told him honestly, tears skipping down your cheeks unwillingly.

Stepping towards you, he brushed your fallen tears away as he wrapped his arms around you, bringing you against his steady form.

“I didn’t want to hurt you” He whispered into your hair, gently nuzzling you as his fingers spread out across your back while he only dreamed of holding you again over the past two years.

“You did” You whispered as your head was cradled in his strong shoulder, your arms wrapping around him tightly as you held him against you never wanting to let him go again.

“I don’t want to just be a dare” You whispered to him as you felt his heartbeat pound against his chest.

“I’m sorry you had to find out about it… to me it wasn’t about the dare, it was about calling you mine because I love you.” Jongup confessed, those three words caused your heart to stand still a moment, your tongue falling speechless as the weight of those three words slowly began to mend the shattered past you had with him.

“I’m so sorry, I will make it up to you if you will let me” He whispered against your ear as one hand gently cradled your head, his fingers slowly running through your hair as you felt your knees begin to weaken with every soft touch, every beat of your heart against him.

“You just being here is enough”