Dare

Dare to Dedication - Jongup

“What should we do tonight?” Daehyun hummed while thumbing through his phone tirelessly.

“We could go to a party, I’m sure there is one around here someplace” Yongguk suggested as he wandered over to the couch and plopped down between the pillows.

“I don’t want to go to a party though, we have been to so many…” Daehyun let his phone fall onto his stomach as his eyes wondered around to the congregating members.

“We could play a game…” Zelo suggested as he crossed his legs while sitting on the floor.

“That’s a good idea!” Himchan chimed happily, “What game should we play?”

The members turned towards the middle of the group as they all took their places while trying to think of a game that they could all play.

“What about Truth or Dare?” Youngjae suggested while a few of the members agreed.

Taking a turn with each of the members, they each choose their fate, to spill a truth or to accomplish a dare. Once having gone around the circle one time, they began a second round as the stakes were raised with each turn.

“Jongup, truth or dare?” Zelo quizzed while Jongup thought a moment before answering.

“Dare” Jongup answered as he nervously awaited the dare.

“You can’t back out of this one” Zelo prefaced his dare with a binding promise.

“I won’t” Jongup lightly shook his head, becoming increasingly interested in what the dare would be.

“Do you know _______-ah?” Zelo began to build up to his dare.

“Of course I know her, she is a friend.” Jongup carefully chose his words as he could feel an unsettling feeling begin in the pit of his stomach.

“I dare you that you have to make her your girlfriend for three months, after the three months are up then you can either keep her as a girlfriend or push her back to friend status.” Zelo stated his dare as Jongup sat there with his eyes wide.

“I-I don’t know…” Jongup’s eyes dropped as his hands began to sweat with nerves.

“You said you wouldn’t back out” Daehyun reminded Jongup.

Jongup nodded his head, coming to grips with the dare as the rest of the members got a dare or two to complete over the next month or two. After that round, Jongup excused himself to his bedroom, laying among his blankets and pillows along his bed. He ran his fingers through his hair as his mind slowly turned to you, wondering how he could accomplish the dare without hurting you.

Rolling over, he pressed his face into his pillow. Mixed feelings began to flood his chest, the night swept over the dorm as the other members were peacefully sleeping, yet Jongup was wide awake wondering how he could ask his friend, his good friend, his best friend to be his girlfriend.

The sun rose the next day as you got ready to head to work for the day. Being one of the co managers for BAP was a dream of yours, a dream that you never thought you would have accomplished it if wasn’t for Jongup who helped you land the job in the first place.

Outfitted in a beige skirt that ended around your mid thigh, a small black belt hanging loosely on your hips while a beautiful white blouse hugged your torso. With a few of the top buttons undone and a necklace adding some class, your sleeves were loosely rolled up to just below the elbow before ebony heels matched your belt. You were turning heads as you walked into TS Entertainment, giving everyone you saw a small smile and a bow to those who you knew. You headed down the hall to the practice room where BAP was scheduled to be working for the day.

Hitting the back of your knuckles against the black door, you heard a soft voice call for your entry. Twisting the brushed silver handle, you entered the room as the members of BAP watched your reflection in the mirror as they continued to warm up their muscles.

“Good morning, _______-ah” Their manager greeted you as you made your way to the back of the studio to join him.

“Good morning, sir” You greeted him as you pulled out the elevated chair and took your seat at the elevated table.

“I wanted you to look over some events and such for the boys” The manager slid some paperwork over across the table to you as you began to take a look at it.

Jongup caught your reflection in the mirror as you carefully crossed your legs at the knee, his eyes trailing down your exposed legs and admiring the outfit that you chose on today.

“You know, you still have that dare” Yongguk teased, seeing Jongup’s eyes lingering on your figure.

“I-I know, I just want it to not be a dare… you know?” Jongup tore his eyes away from you to catch a glimpse of Yongguk’s eyes.

“You need to do it by the end of today though” Yongguk patted Jongup’s back before grabbing a drink of water.

Taking in a deep breath, he composed himself for a moment before he took a step towards you, thoughts rushed into his mind before he turned around, bailing on his idea. Building himself back up, he began to walk towards you again.

Clearing his throat, he approached the small table as you lifted your eyes to meet his.

“Good morning, Jongup” You greeted him warmly, trying to stay professional but wanting to greet your best friend properly.

Just then, the manager’s phone lit up with an incoming call. “Please excuse me”

The manager excused himself from the table as he answered the call and headed out of the room. Entrusting you with the group, you put down your pen and gave Jongup your full attention.

“How have you been?” You questioned, taking this moment with just him.

“I have been doing great, actually” Jongup smiled as he lifted his hand up and rubbed the back of his neck before turning his head to look over his shoulder to glance at the guys on the other end of the studio. “I- I wanted to ask you something though…”

“Oh? What is it you wanted to ask me?” You questioned while your hands clasped in your lap happily.

“Would you… I mean you don’t have to… but it would be nice… and only if you had time…” Jongup began to stumble over his words before taking a deep breath and gathering his thoughts, “Would you like to have a dinner date with me?”

“I would love to, I get off at 6 if you don’t mind waiting, we could go out tonight” You offered while feeling your heart pick up pace.

“Text me when you are done then” Jongup’s gummy smile happily outfitted his lips.

“Of course, and don’t worry, I won’t forget” You reassured him as Jongup watched a twinkle in your eyes happily sparkle.

Just then, the manager came back into the room. Putting the guys to work on choreography, you tried to focus on your work while catching glimpses of the six men moving in perfect harmony with one another. The base pumped through the speakers as sweat slowly pooled against their skin, sweat dripped from the tips of their hair as the members gave each and every song their all.

Hours ticked by as you watched the minute hand slowly pull the hour hand closer to the 6. Your phone vibrated with an incoming text, pulling out your phone, you saw the familiar number as you happily opened the message.

Are you still able to make dinner tonight? - Jongup

Of course! Just give me a few minutes to finish up some loose ends and I will meet you in the lobby

Typing back, excitement began to grow happily within you as you couldn’t help but to finish your closing duties as quickly but efficiently as possible. Grabbing your purse, you made sure your computer was shut down and all of the files were put away in the cubicle before exiting the office.

The sound of your heels clicking against the tile echoed through the halls as you made your way to the lobby. Spotting the familiar figure of Jongup, you happily approached him before poking his sides, causing him to jump in surprise.

“Hey you” You giggled, greeting him with a bright smile.