Chapter 47

Against All The Odds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JIYEON'S POV

I don't know now what our parents are going to do with the current situation but they said we should leave it to them.

 

And by saying leave it means we have to literally leave them for the mean time and go to other place where they said it's much safer.

 

"Jungie are you done packing your things?" I ask her.

 

She's in my room right now helping me to pack my things.

 

"Hyomin will take care of it" She said.

 

Huh?

 

"Why nerdy Hyomin have to do it?" I curiously ask.

 

Since last night after we come back here she's always on my side.

 

...like literally.

 

She never wants me out of her sight and I didn't say that it's a bad thing.

 

It's just that I don't want her to worry too much.

 

"It's ok. She already agreed to do it. I don't have much so I'm sure it'll be quick" She said and winks at me.

 

"So does this means now that you're not going anywhere without me?" I ask and give her a back hug.

 

"No. You are not going anywhere without me" She said and turn around to face me.

 

I giggled.

 

"I wish we could be happy starting today" She said.

 

"Me too but I still need to talk to Mom about my engagement with Qri. We need to cancel it so I could be legally yours" I said and that made her blush.

 

It's so cute when my cool girlfriend blush.

 

I cupped her face and rub our noses.

 

"Let's talk to Mom now" She said.

 

"As in now?" I ask and she nodded.

 

Heol.

 

"Why you look so nervous baby? I bet it's already too obvious to them since last night that Qri was into Hyomin and that the two of us were obviously meant for each other." She said and wink again.

 

My Jungie loves to wink.

 

"Ok. In case I needed a shield at least you are there" I said.

 

"Mwo? Is Mom that scary now?" She curiously ask taking my words seriously.

 

I giggled.

 

"No. Mom is just very strict but she was never violent to me" I said and we go out of my room to meet our Mom who's now in the living room.

 

"Uhm...Mom may we speak with you? It'll be quick" I said coz she and the elders seems busy talking or should I say they're planning.

 

Mom just nod and the three of us headed to the kitchen.

 

Jungie's hand is sweating.

 

I don't know if it's because we hold hands too long or it's just because she's just nervous.

 

It's here real Mom but she had never been with Mom for years.

 

"I'm so happy that I could see you both standing in front of me just like when you were kids" Mom said.

 

Huh?

 

"You both like to hold each other's hand" Mom said.

 

Jungie and I look at each other and we're both blushing.

 

Heol.

 

"So what is it that? Do you have something to say?" Mom ask.

 

"Uhm we ju-"

 

"I want to marry Jiyeon so please cancel her engagement with Qri" Eunjung said straight to the point.

 

I was a bit in state of shock for hearing that.

 

Sure we did talk about cancelling my engagement with Qri but we never did talk about getting married yet.

 

I look at Mom and she's just in her poker face.

 

Oh shoot!

 

This is not good.

 

"Mom Eunjung and I love each other and I guess you already know that ever since" I said.

 

I just worried that she might disagree with it.

 

"Please Mom. We've been through a lot already. Please let us be happy" Eunjung begged too.

 

We were worriedly waiting for Mom's response till she started laughing.

 

"Waeyo?" I curiously ask.

 

"Qri already talk to me with her Mom last night regarding that matter." Mom said.

 

Huh?

 

Qri already did?

 

"Qri Ahjumma is really serious with nerdy Hyomin" I said and look at Eunjung.

 

She just smile at me.

 

"Of course I'll be serious with that kid. Don't want to see her smoking and driving like she owned the road just like someone I know" She said and I rolled my eyes on her.

 

Qri just get something to drink on the fridge and leave us.

 

"So I'm not engaged to Qri anymore?" I cheerfully ask Mom.

 

"Yes honey" Mom said and because of that I hug her.

 

I miss Mom and I'm thankful that she did allow me and Jungie to be together.

 

"Thanks Mom" Jungie said and hug her too.

 

"But Mom are you sure that you want us to leave?" I ask.

 

"Jiyeon sweetheart. This mess exists a long time ago. Way too long before you kids were born. It started with us and should end with us too. I love both you always remember that" Mom said and hug me and Jungie again.

 

"We could stay here and help you" Jungie said while the three of us were still hugging.

 

"No. I'd like you all to be safe and start a new life. We will follow you after everything is settled in here" Mom said.

 

SUZY'S POV

"Unnie. I could just stay here with the two of you" I said to Gyuri unnie and Yuri.

 

"Suzy just listen to us ok? You need to go with them and be with Areum just like what you want right from the start." Gyuri unnie said.

 

"The three of us stick together so if you will stay I should stay too!" I said

 

"Tsk. What a stubborn kiddo. You can't come with us Suzy. We can't let you die with us ...well, in case luck is not on our side but we promise to follow you there after things get fixed in here" Yuri said.

 

"That's the task I'm giving to you Suzy-ah. Your task was to stay alive and....and search for your parents" Gyuri unnie said.

 

M-mwo?

 

"My parents?" I ask.

 

"We tried to track them and we found out that they're still alive and they live on that island where will you stay with the others. Find them and be home Suzy-ah" Gyuri unnie said and handed a folder to me

 

I wipe my tears.

 

"Yah jinja! Why are you crying? Stop it kiddo!" Yuri yelled at me.

 

She got a strange way of comforting me.

 

"Why can't you just come with us?" I ask.

 

"It's because Dad will keep tracking me. You know the hunting game is on. If I come with you all of you will be in danger" Gyuri unnie explained.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter