Chapter 29

Against All The Odds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

QRI'S POV

Since I already made up my mind I'm here right now trying to figure out how could I get inside the Wild Beast Mafia's territory.

 

I know that coming here alone is a suicide but like I said before, I have to do something.

 

Mrs. Park is the only one who could help Jiyeon.

 

She's the only one who could explain Jiyeon everything.

 

If we wanted to keep our mafia Jiyeon should stand for us.

 

And Jiyeon could only do that if she knows everything that she must know including the secrets of her past that everyone keeps trying to hide from her.

 

I sneak closer to the hide out and hide behind the tree.

 

This place is guarded and there's too much guard more than I expected.

 

"So what's the plan?"

 

I almost jump when Hyomin suddenly speak beside me.

 

Luckily, I get hold of myself and didn't hit her.

 

"Yah kid. What are you doing here?!" I irritably ask her.

 

This is a dangerous place and I don't want her to get involved.

 

And if it's true that I'm the one who killed her parents....I don't wanna be the reason for her death too.

 

"I'm here to help you." She said and wink at me.

 

"Are you out of your mind? Just go home" I said.

 

"C'mon. You don't stand a chance with this guards. Especially right now. This place is guarded by elite assassins because of the boss' arrival" She said.

 

Boss?

 

Mr. Park is back?!

 

"I'm here now and there's no more turning back" I said.

 

"I believe the same thing so don't ask me to leave" She insisted.

 

**sigh**

 

"Kid. If both of us got caught, we will both die" I said and she just smile then held my shoulders.

 

"Qri-ah. I'd like to make a deal with you. It's ok for me to die here. It's my choice to help you but I got this one wish....and if ever we survive this...I want to make that wish come true" She said.

 

What is she saying?

 

"Which part of that was the deal? And what does it have to do with your wish?" I curiously ask

 

She smile again.

 

"You are the only one who could fulfill that dream" She said and she looks really happy but I'm still clueless about what she's talking about.

 

We are just few meters away from the enemy’s territory and I should be worrying about that but here I am staring at her and her beautiful smile.

 

It feels like the time stops and she's the only one that I could see.

 

It's a great feeling.

 

"Here's the deal part. If we survive this......

 

 

 

 

 

....Be my girlfriend" She said.

 

Wait..

 

What?!

 

What did she just ask me?!

 

"Are you kidding me Hyomin?" I said.

 

"Nope. I'm serious." She said and suddenly pulls me into her arms.

 

Of course I tried to break free.

 

"Yah let go of m-"

 

"Sshhhh...Someone is coming out. Stay still" She said and pulls me closer.

 

My head was so close to her chest that I could hear her heart beating so fast.

 

Tsk.

 

I don't know if this kid was nervous or just...

 

Just ...

 

Never mind.

 

"Let me go" I said.

 

"Stay still" She insisted.

 

"Let me go. I wanna see it" I said and push her lightly.

 

I took a peek from the tree and try to figure out who's coming out of the hideout.

 

"It's Yuri" She said.

 

It's indeed Yuri.

 

I thought she was leaving but she headed to the woods instead.

 

Where is she going?

 

"Let's follow her" Hyomin said and before I could say anything she already make a move to follow Yuri.

 

Ah jinja!

 

Why I can't say no to this kid?

 

YURI'S POV

We are here in the hideout and things were a little bit intense because the boss is here.

 

And right now Gyuri is having a private conversation with Mr. Park.

 

I'm a bit worried about Gyuri.

 

I know why she's nervous about meeting her Dad.

 

It's because Mr. Park is not her real Dad.

 

Still the Dragon Heiress was Mr. Park's real daughter.

 

If Mr. Park orders not to harm her real daughter Gyuri can't do anything about it.

 

Gyuri couldn't say no.

 

That means her position as the heiress will be in danger.

 

I'm heading to our prisoners cell.

 

"Yuri-ah"

 

I stop when I saw Hyeri.

 

"Wae?" I ask.

 

I never trust this girl.

 

I don't know if she's a friend or an enemy.

 

"Suzy take a prisoner outside. Where would she take her?" She ask.

 

"Gyuri's wants one prisoner dead each day starting today" I said.

 

"What? Her biological Dad was there too right?" She said

 

"Yeah but do you think Gyuri cares?" I ask arching my eyebrows to her.

 

Her asking too many questions makes her suspicious.

 

Hmm.

 

"Check the prisoners. I'll follow Suzy outside" I said and leave her

 

I have to make sure she didn't do anything to stop Suzy.

 

When I get there to Suzy I saw her push someone on the cliff.

 

"You only use your katana to kill her. Are you sure she's dead?" I ask and she wink at me.

 

I took the flashlight and check the cliff.

 

It's quite high.

 

I guess she wouldn't be alive anymore.

 

"Of course she's dead. She can't escape death with my katana" She proudly said to me.

 

"There's no much blood on your sword....Well, anyway be sure she's dead or Gyuri will kill you" I said.

 

"C'mon Yuri don't be so paranoid alright...By the way why are you here? I thought you are supposed to be hunting Qri down" She said.

 

"Well, I did my part. I'm not gonna waste my energy fighting my cousin. I know she's strong" I said.

 

I'm not saying that I don't have chance to win against Qri....it's just that I have to be cautious.

 

"What did you do?" She ask again.

 

Hmm.

 

How could I forget?...This kid loves asking questions.

 

"Let's just say that I sent a false information to the dragon mafia and now they'll be hunting Qri and if in case that plan failed I still have Park Hyomin to do the job for me" I said and smirked.

 

"Park Hyomin?" She curiously ask again

 

"Yes, Qri killed Hyomin's parents" I said.

 

"Huh? I thought you are the one who killed them because Qri had missed?" She said.

 

She talks too much.

 

"Suzy-ah. Only you and me knows that. Better keep your mouth shut. Arasso?" I said to her in a very serious tone.

 

"Arasso. I'm on your side. You don't have to threaten me." She said

 

AREUM'S POV

"DID YOU JUST SAW THAT?! IF WE STILL DO NOTHING WE ANOTHER LIFE WILL BE TAKEN AWAY TOMORROW AND THE REST OF THE DAYS TILL NONE OF US EXIST" I angrily yelled at the elders.

 

I know we're not all from the same mafia.

 

Mrs. Han's daughter was taken by Suzy right and all Mrs. Han could do now is cry and grieve.

 

They're supposed to be doing something and not giving up like this.

 

I'm really worried about Qri unnie and Jiyeon.

 

I hope they're both alright.

 

"Ah jinja. You're too loud Lee Areum"

 

Huh?

 

"Hyeri!"

 

I had hope when I saw Hyeri.

 

"Don't happy. We're not friends" She said and signal me that there are guards around.

 

I understand what she means.

 

She can't get caught.

 

"Prisoners look fine. By the way the woman with Suzy earlier was already dead" She said in a cold tone and if I was outside this cell I'm going to slap her for being insensitive

 

But....

 

I notice that she was trying to give me something.

 

 

 

 

A small box!

 

After she successfully, handed me the box she just left like nothing happen.

 

"What did she gave you?" Mom ask me.

 

I just shrugged and check the box with the label. This is all I could help. Stay alive.

 

I know that Hyeri couldn't help much because it's their territory but at least she did try to help.

 

When I open the box there's a Swiss knife and a map of this place.

 

I'm not really good at close combat but if it's the only way we could survive then I guess I need a plan.

 

"Your friend should've given you a phone. It could help more" Officer Ham said.

 

"I don't think a communication device would work in here. According here to the map ther

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter