Chapter 42

Against All The Odds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

EUNJUNG'S POV

I immediately headed to the hospital where Boram and Soyeon are waiting.

 

They said Yoona they brought Yoona here.

 

"What happen?" I ask while I'm still trying to catch my breath.

 

Yoona is lying on the hospital bed.

 

"She's ok Eunjung" Soyeon said.

 

It's a relief to know that she's ok.

 

"How did you find her?" I ask.

 

"An hour after you call a kid approached us. She told us that someone needs help so Soyeon and I go with her and that's how we find Yoona lying on the corner of the street" Boram explained.

 

"We found no trace of the one took her" Soyeon said.

 

"It's ok. When Yoona wakes up. She will tell us everything. Everything that happens and the whole truth" I said.

 

"What do you mean?" Boram curiously ask

 

"I want to know if she's really my sister. Jiyeon had been telling me that Yoona is lying. I'm not sure now if I should still believe on Jiyeon's words but I think there's a reason why she keeps telling me that." I said.

 

I'm confused now.

 

I don't know whom I should trust.

 

It makes me feel like everyone is lying to me.

 

"And what if it's not the thing that you wanted to hear?" Soyeon ask.

 

Huh?

 

"What do mean by the thing I wanted to hear?" I ask

 

"Eunjung even if you didn't tell us. We both know you want to believe Jiyeon." She said.

 

Yeah, it's true.

 

I wanted to believe Jiyeon.

 

I wanted to prove that she was the one telling the truth coz it's the only thing that gives me the reason not to doubt her.

 

I'm scared that if she lied to me all my love for hurt would turn to hatred.

 

And it's hard to imagine myself hating her.

 

"By the way Eunjung. The Eagle Mafia is taking orders from an unknown person. We have no idea who could it be" Boram said.

 

"Aren't they supposed to wait for me?" I ask.

 

"They are supposed to but if majority of the mafia members agreed to follow someone else we can't do anything about it. They could just dethrone you Eunjung" Soyeon explained.

 

"They could take the throne if they want. I'm fine having you guys" I said.

 

"We sure be on your side but...you know there's only one way to remove you on the throne" Boram said.

 

I clenched my fist.

 

To kill me.

 

That's the only way I could be replaced.

 

But why do I still have to be the Mafia Boss if they won't follow my orders?

 

That's a dumb rule in the Mafia World.

 

I still have to be called the Eagle Mafia Boss even though my mafia is taking orders from someone else.

 

Tsk

 

**phone vibrates**

 

It's Jiyeon.

 

I never want to see you again. I guess I was that good to make you believe or it could also be that you're just too dumb to believe that I really love you Eunjung. We're over Goodbye... Thanks for the entertainment. You're also fun like other girls.

 

WHAT?!

 

I dialed calling her but she turn off her phone.

 

"What's wrong Eunjung?" Boram ask.

 

"Uhm...nothing. I'll just grab something to eat." I said and hurriedly get out of the room.

 

I don't know what to feel.

 

Is she being serious?

 

She would break up with me through text message?!

 

THANKS FOR ENTERTAINING HER?!

 

WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?!

 

SHE'S JUST PLAYING ME?!

 

DAMN IT!

 

I guess she's right.

 

I'm too dumb to fall for her.

 

I'm too dumb not to see that she's only playing me.

 

I'm mad.

 

REALLY MAD!

 

I'm mad at her.

 

And I'm mad at myself because after what she just did I still want to see her and hear it from her.

 

A part of me can't just accept it.

 

A part of me still trusts her.

 

A part of me is telling me that this is just a joke.

 

I want a formal break up.

 

I'm so stupid right?

 

My tears won't even fall right now when I wanted to cry

 

Life is being unfair to me.

 

Jiyeon. If you really want a break up do it properly. Meet me and say those words in front of me. I don't care if those words were like the sharpest thing that would stab my heart. I just wanna hear it from you coz I can't accept that you would break up to me through message.

 

GYURI'S POV

"Unnie, you really need to hear me out please" Suzy keeps bugging me since lunch.

 

Now that we're already home she still can't stop.

 

"Suzy-ah what is your problem? You had been freaking out since earlier" Yuri said and pull her to sit on the couch.

 

"I'm freaking out because I want to tell you that Yoona had escaped! Someone help her to escape!" Suzy said and cross her arms like a kid.

 

Yuri and I look at each other and laugh.

 

"What's funny?!" Suzy irritably ask

 

"Suzy. Calm down. It's part of the plan." Yuri said.

 

"Plan? What plan?...I wasn't informed with the changed plan." The kid curiously ask.

 

"Well, it turns out that Hyeri's idea was much better than ours" I said.

 

"Hyeri?" She ask again.

 

"Gyuri-ah. I still don't understand why you trust that woman" Yuri said.

 

"Yah! Explain to me what's going on please" Suzy said.

 

"We could trust her Yuri-ah. She's in love with Jiyeon and I'm sure that she did this because she wanna be with Jiyeon" I said.

 

"YAH! WHAT THE HELL?! Am I still part of this group?!" Suzy irritably said.

 

I pat her head.

 

"Hyeri will keep Jiyeon and Yoona will do the rest of the job for us" I said.

 

"Eh? That's the explanation I got?" She complains.

 

"Make your brain work or bet

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter