Uncle... Choi?

Don't Listen in Secret

2ㅡ Uncle... Choi? 

"Appa?"

Jino calls his father in vaguely. He opened his eyes as he raised his head slowly. Not wanting to wake his father. Jino starts smiling when he found his father hadn't slept. Jihoon smiled at the younger, "you wake up? It's still two in the morning, Jino." 

He narrowed the gap between him and Jihoon, and hug his father more closely as he said, "you haven't slept, appa." He said as he locked his sleepy eyes with his father's. Jihoon smiles and Jino's messy hair, "... hmm, i have,"

"Can't sleep?" 

Jihoon hugged the younger tighter, while lightly patting his back. "Why did you wake up?" Jihoon said in his very low voice. Jino lift his head, facing the sleepy face before him. He rubbed Jihoon's face, making the sleepy figure before him slowly shut his eyes. 

"So, why didn't you sleep, appa? You are sleepy." 

Jihoon smiled as he opens his eyes, "...just want to stare at the most important figure beside me every second i exhale. Does that make sense?" 

Hearing the answer from his father, made the young J smile sweetly. He moved his face and landed a quick kiss on Jihoon's forehead. Making the older drift in the warmth Jino gave him. Jihoon smiled back at him, then gently his son's sleepy face. 

"Back to sleep, Jino. You have to go to school this morning and didn't you say that you will meet a team of doctors from the hospital where uncle Jeonghan worked? They'll visit your school." 

Jino humming in response, then pull the blanket that they shared to cover their bodies. Jino closed his eyes as he said, "don't work too much, appa." 

Jihoon didn't give any response but pull his son into a warm hug. As Jino tried to sleep, he raised his hands to hug his father. 

"I miss you, Jino." Jihoon whisper it quietly then leaned in to kiss Jino's head. Jino didn't answer, he must be really enjoy his dreams. Jihoon smiled under the lights dim light of his room. This room actually his own room. Jino has his own but the boy wanted to sleep with him tonight. After a few minutes of staring at the sleeping boy, he fell asleep. 

"Sleep well, my boy."

.

.

.

Morning is coming and the boy's day begins with the light entering through the window. That little fingers rubbed his eyes, open it slowly as he sat on the bed and stopped for doing a morning routines when he found a warm smile that he got as a greeting.

The angle figure smiled at him and started walking to approach a sleepy figure behind the blanket. He lifted the covers and reached out to hug the sleepy boy. Jino smiles, and moved his body to hug the smiling man, "uncle Jisoo,"

"Good morning, baby Jino."

"I am notㅡ" He was cut off when Jisoo carried him. 

"Fine, you're not baby anymore. So, what breakfast do you want this morning?" 

Jino didn't answer but staring at the empty bed. He pouted when he realized that his father wasn't there. 

"Your father said that he is going to go home a little bit late today. I'll drive you go to school and pick you up, then take you to the hospital. He'll pick you up there." 

Jino turns his view to his second favorite uncle, then humming without giving any words for the answer. Jisoo caressed the boy's hair and walked out to the kitchen. 

"What do you want for breakfast, Jino?" Jisoo asked as he seating down the boy on the bench. 

"Cereals and my favorite vanilla milk, please, uncle." 

.

.

.

Jihoon could not sit quietly on his chair. His hands kept moving on the table but the pen and the papers are still there that he didn't touch at all. Computer is still on off mode. He just sitting there under the bright light of his studio. He cleared his throat as he reach for his phone, his phone was ringing for a times but he didn't check it yet, and he found Jisoo's name as the sender of a text message. 

From: Jisoo hyung. 

Your kid is arrived at school safely. He was sad when he realized that you weren't at home but he felt so excited because he'll meet Jeonghan's team today. I am on my way back. I'll pick him up at 2 and take him to the hospital. Jihoon-ah, don't skip your breakfast and lunch, ok? 

He was relieved when he read the text. His boy is arrived safely at his school. He was about to reply the message when his phone ring again, signaling him that he got another message. 

From: Jisoo hyung. 

Jihoon, Jeonghan called me about 10 minutes ago and he said that he was not included in the list of the doctors who will visit Jino's school. Plus, he has patients to handle today. He will done at 4, so he can handle Jino when I drop the boy there. How's work? Have you take a breakfast? 

In the other side, Jihoon feel so touched because he has 2 hyungs who always take a look and care for him and his son. He tried to relax as he leaned his back over the chair. Jihoon touched the phone screen, and started to write a reply. 

Thanks for always take care of my son, hyung. I'll treat you and Jeonghan hyung later. Oh, don't worry. I have my breakfast when I arrived here. I am in hurry, Yoongi hyung is calling me. 

He lied. Yoongi is still in his room and he hasn't meet the boss this morning, so how can the Yoongi called him? 
After that, Jihoon search for one folder in his phone. The folder he'd never open for several years. He even forgot the last time he opened the folder. Jihoon took a breath, and touch the screen to open the folder. That was secret folder. 

1. Say Yes
2. I don't know
3. Simple 
4. Don't listen

Those songs are Jihoon's. 

Don't listen in secret was his last song (before he joined MY. Entertainment) He made those songs a few months before he gave a birth to Jino. The first is Say Yes, the song is kind of ballad that made him cried along when he wrote the lyrics. 

Oh... You’re so pretty, you’re so so soft
If you still have those memories
That seemed so fragile

That was Jihoon's favorite line. Say Yes is the first song he made when he's in pain. Say Yes is the definition of his pain. Say Yes is the description of how he felt and what's he hoped in the past. Say Yes was his friend, that he always listening to every night before he had go to sleep and every morning when he woke up after cried in the midnight before. 

The second is I don't know (Well). This song was made 3 days later, after Jino was born. After Jihoon felt like something fragile, he considers himself as the only one who waited so long and hopes that everything can be fixed. He was waiting. But nothing has changed. He's regretted for being the only one who wished that things can go back to normal. Like they used to be. He thought he was stupid. He's supposed to focus on caring for his new born baby, rather than having to constantly think about his grief. 

Tears fall again
Clueless tears fall
Why do I miss you?
Don't really quite know, I don't really know

That was Jihoon's favorite line from I don't know (Well). The other lines says, 

I throw a question towards you who is standing
Blankly across our street that's all out of place
Are we unable to go back
Don't really quite know, I don't really know

The first and second line said, 'I throw a question towards you who is standing blankly across our street that's all out of place' too bad, Jihoon lied to his own work. He lied to his own song. Because the person who hurt him wasn't there, even just to standing blankly across the street, he was not there. That person just standing inside his mind. Jihoon was imagining too much. 

The third is Simple. This song was made when Jino celebrated his 2nd birthday at their new home that was almost two years they lived at (at that time, it was almost 2 years, but now that home is already going to be 5 same as Jino's age). By holding a celebration that's quite simple, he was determined to just focus on taking care of his son. He promised not going to cry alone at midnight again, he promised to rebuild his life with Jino, as the single parentㅡdespite having to start everything from zero. 

Happiness is only a word
and it’s simple a dream everyone wants
It’s something that doesn’t make sense
And I don’t want to belive it either
Yeah I just want it simple, simple. 

That was Jihoon's favorite line of Simple. For Jihoon, his happiness is only his Jino. No one can change it. And he would never think about another happiness, nor to ask for it. 

The last is, Don't Listenㅡ in secret. Jihoon took a very very deep breath as he felt numb inside him. After re-listening to those 3 songs, Jihoon felt nothing. He was about to touch the play button, but he removed his fingers away from the phone screen. Jihoon throw his phone away from his sight, as he leaned his back again over the chair after he wasted a few minutes just to listening his past songs and memorized the nightmare of his past indirectly. 

Jeonghan's words always ringing like an alarm in his head. He was wasting hus time to think about all the things he should not think about. 

"You can't handle Jino by yourself alone, Jihoon." 

"You need someone who can take care of both of you and Jino."

That's scared him so much. After a years he was okay without the later's presence, now Jeonghan talked about it again like that's something easily to talked about. But that was not! Jihoon was determined to be the one and only father to his son, but Jeonghan's words ruined everything. Finally. Jihoon had to remember the other, again. 

"It's been a years, and I almost forgot how it feels to miss someone," 

"and how it feels to be mad at someone that I hate. So much." 

Jihoon closes his eyes as he remembered Jino's smile which is very similar to the other's. 

"I even almost forget you, if only Jeonghan hyung didn't remind me that you are also his father." 

Okay, Jeonghan might be didn't mention anything about the other nor his name or he's Jihoon's ex or else but he said about 'you need someone who can take care of both of you and Jino' that line was pointed at someone in his past. Although he hated him, so much, but Jihoon ever thought about only him who can take care of him and Jino. He did. He actually did. A few years ago, before he realized that nothing should he fought again, after he aware, that it's all over. 

But now, 

Jihoon even questioning it.


Don't listen said, 


We’re growing further apart
Then we just need to hold each other back
To not grow apart
All I needed to do was hold you back


I know, I know it, but
It’s not as easy to do as it is to say, I know
But as time passes, will I be able to slowly for get it all
If I were to look back by chance, I’ll listen to this song

It tells about the time when he missed the other and felt in need of his figure, but everything is impossibility, which he should realize that all is over.

.

.

.

"Doctor Kim said that he, doctor Jeon, and another doctors would come to school every day while he bring new toothpaste, new hand soap, and some delicious food." 

Jino said as he smiled at Jisoo who is hold him tight in his hand. Jisoo smiled at the young boy as they entered the hospital's entrance. 

"Welcome, Mister Hong and... hello, cutie Jino." They were greeted by a soft voice belonged to a pretty nurse, Sejeong. 

Jino waved at her as he replies the greeting, "hello, nurse Kim!" 

Sejeong patted the boy's head then pinch the boy's cheeks. "Long time no see, Jino. How have you been?" 

"A gentleman must always be in good condition, nurse Kim, right uncle Jisoo?" He answered as he turns his head up at Jisoo. Jisoo laugh at him and landed a soft on his head. 

"My genius boy..." 

"Ah, where's Jeonghan?"

"He is still in the operating room, he will done at four," another voice came as he joined the three while looked down at his watch. 

"One hour later, from now." He continued his words. 

The three of them turned their sight to the handsome doctor. Stethoscope around his neck. 

"Seungcheol?"

"Oh, doctor Choi." 

The handsome doctor called Seungcheol and Choi, he must be Choi Seungcheol, throw a welcome looks to the guests. And he smiled at nurse Sejeong. 

"Long time no see, Hong Jisoo." He greeted Jisoo first, then he knelt to grab Jino's tiny hand. 

"Nice to meet you...?"

"Annyeong haseo, I am Jino, uncle... Choi?"

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Another uncle? ㅋㅋㅋ please give me feedback ㅠㅠㅠㅠ