Who said LOVE equals TWO and not THREE?

The story of a dare gone right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

5 years ago

       Minseok felt numb. Nothing left to feel or to say. He had overheard a conversation between Chanyeol, his supposed boyfriend and Kris, his best friend and star of their high school’s basketball team. He wouldn’t have paid attention to it if his name hadn’t been mentioned so many times. He didn’t know what hurt most. To know Chanyeol had used him all along to get some resemblance of revenge for having Baekhyun breaking up with him or that he had so easily accepted Kris’ dare to sleep with him and then dump him. He imagined that after the talk they had, Yeol would come to him and suggest they break it off. Well, Minseok had been a complete fool until now but he would keep a least a modicum of his pride by being the one to leave the taller male.

He supposed he deserved this. He had been convinced Baekhyun and Chanyeol had broken up for possibly a very long time but what if they had been playing him all along? What if they had made fun of his stupidity and love for Chanyeol behind his back? Minseok knew he should had never fallen for his best friend’s boyfriend but it had just happened. One minute, he was extremely content to watch Baekhyun date his ideal guy and then the next one, realizing he wanted the one person he couldn’t have, Chanyeol. It was ironic how life worked sometimes. He had been an idiot to keep hoping for something, some sign that Yeol might return his feelings one day. But then, his chance had seemed to arrive. Baekhyun had broken up with Chanyeol claiming he was getting tired of his jealousy and possessiveness and Minnie had been genuinely taken aback by his decision because they had been inseparable ever since they had gotten together. Still, he couldn’t help the tiny hope he could feel bloom in his heart at the news.

Maybe he did have a chance after all to get the person he loved to like him back. And then Chaneyol had come up to their table one day and asked him on a date and he had been more confused than ever. What games was Yeol trying to play? But Baekhyun had just shrugged it off. Minseok had been very concerned about his reaction but he honestly appeared not to care at all.

“Baekhyun, are you sure you are fine with this? I don’t even understand why Yeol asked me on a date. Why me? It’s a bit crazy, you know? Do you think he plans on doing something bad?”

“Well, I think he has always had a bit of a crush on you, even before he became boyfriends so maybe he wants to use this opportunity to actually date you. You should try it out. What do you have to lose? And either way, I am already going out with someone else so don’t worry about making me sad about it. I am more than fine at the moment. Just have your fun, Minnie.”

Minseok was shell-shocked about what Baek had just confessed to him. Chanyeol had a crush on him?! That was a lie, right? He couldn’t believe his ears. This meant his feelings were returned in a way and that made him a little giddy. He was very content all of a sudden. He would go on a date with him and then he will let destiny decide if they could be something more than just friends.

That’s how Minnie found himself dating one tall, handsome specimen of a man. Two months in and he was still not quite believing it. He was waiting for reality to literally hit him in the face. He was happier than he had been in years because Yeol was very kind and attentive. He was the perfect boyfriend. And he couldn’t really ask for more. His best friend also seemed to be fine with their relationship and this made him feel a lot of relief because it would kill him if Baekhyunie hated him for this. Things were going better than ever but the only doubt he had was that Yeol seemed quite shy about touching him or initiating any sort of intimate action between them. He had looked very affectionate when he had been dating his best buddy so maybe there was something wrong with him. He had no clue that there was a reason behind Chanyeol’s hesitance. But he would find out soon enough and get his heart broken in the process as well.

He had been a little surprised when, out of the blue, his boyfriend had started getting really touchy and seemed not to be able to get enough of his presence. He was secretly enjoying it but couldn’t help but feel like something might not be right. All this abrupt manifestation of love was making him feel very insecure. But he had brushed it off as him being paranoid about everything. He was young so he should just make the most of it. And that’s exactly what he did. He laid his heart out for his lover to step on and trample. He had given himself completely to the one whom he thought was his destiny and when the truth was out, he felt empty. Useless. Used. Pathetic. Disappointed. Crushed. Lifeless.

After he managed to drag himself to his house, he locked himself in his room and he cried. For days. He turned off his phone and pleaded with his mother to let him stay home for a few days. She had reluctantly accepted and that was all the approval he had needed to fake being dead to the world. The only one he had let in his room had been Sehun, who had known from the start of his love for Chanyeol and who had been his support through it all. They had borrowed each other’s strengths since his friend was dealing with a similar type of hopeless crush. Hunnie had held him and consoled him the best he could. Minnie was very thankful to him. The only thing which made him feel a bit better was knowing they would graduate soon and then it will be all over. He would leave the past behind and begin anew.

He had refused to talk to Yeol after he had returned to school. Still, his boyfriend could be very stubborn and resourceful when he wished, so he had succeeded in cornering him in the bathroom one day. He hadn’t had any choice but to finally have the talk. That would end this farce once and for all. The taller male seemed very angry but he couldn’t find it in himself to care. He was sick and tired.

“Why have you been avoiding me, Minnie? Did something happen?”

“Don’t call me that, you jerk! I want to break up.”

“What? You’re kidding, right?”

“Does it look like I am?”

“But why? We were getting along so well. I am falling for you. You can’t leave me. Please tell me what’s wrong.”

“You are falling for me? Don’t make me laugh Yeol! You’re a lying cheat, that’s what you are! You thought I would never find out about the dare, huh?”

“What the hell are you talking about, Minseok? Talk, dammit! What dare?”

“The one that Kris gave you, God knows how many months ago! Oh my god! You probably planned this from the start! That’s why you asked me out in the first place, isn’t that right? You’re even more cunning than I initially assumed! “

“No, Minnie, you must believe me! I really didn’t date you for this! I really care about you! You’re so beautiful and I am completely besotted by you!”

“Don’t make me laugh, you ! I hate you, you hear me? I wish I never met you! You ruined everything! You’re despicable!”

“Fine, if you don’t believe me just do whatever you want! I am not going to beg Minseok! It’s your loss in the end!”

“Finally showing your true colours, hubby? It didn’t take you long to display your true character! Though, I must confess, you’re one hell of an actor! I really hope you will find someone just like you and that you will be happy together!”

Minseok rushed out of the bathroom and made a promise to himself. That he would never let himself be cast-off like this ever again. He would not allow anyone to cheat him like this. He was learning from his mistakes at the moment. And he had no doubt that what goes around comes around. There will come the day when Yeol would pay for everything.

Only one month after, he was graduating from high school. He had recently learnt that Baekhyun and Chanyeol had gotten together again so he was almost certain they had premeditated this all along. He had permitted himself to get hurt but it would all end with them.

The only thing which had made him almost want to drop everything and just end it all had been finding out he was pregnant. It was unconceivable for him to carry the child of the guy he probably hated the most. But he could never harm an innocent baby so he had kept the infant. He had struggled for months with cravings, random throwing up episodes and feeling faint at odd times but he had made it. He had been lucky enough that his parents had been more supportive than he had expected them to be. He had managed to also graduate from university and he had found a job which gave him the possibility to raise his little son well. His little boy’s name was Jongdae and he was the most beautiful child in the world. He was a little biased but who could blame him? He had every right to feel proud of his toddler.

Baekhyun’s POV

        There were only two people I cared the most about in this world. Well, except for my parents. Minnie and Yeolie. Minseok was my best friend. We had become really good friends in sophomore year and now we were inseparable. Chanyeol was my boyfriend and the coolest guy ever. He was tall, handsome, he also played sports. Really, what more could I have wished for? But our relationship was not really pink all the time. He fought quite a lot because we were both tenacious and strong-headed. The things which made me mad enough to leave him had been him flirting with some faceless cheerleader from his basketball team. I was pissed and didn’t hesitate in letting out all my frustrations with his behaviour. Seeing that he had no intention to change his ways, I dumped him. I was still very much in love with him but he needed to learn from his mistakes.

I started dating someone else to spite him and his reaction hadn’t been what I had anticipated. He had actually asked Minseok out and this made me realize that he had most likely been attracted to him for some time now. The way he sometimes stared at my friend was anything but innocent. The idiot was trying to steal my Minnie! That was not really true but still. I was kind of angry with him because I knew what he was trying to do. He had a plan of his own it appeared. He was trying to get me back but he was using the wrong strategy for it. I would not fall for such a begginer’s move. To my surprise, he had been fairly adamant in proving how well he could do without me. And because of my selfishness, I had completely ignored Minseok’s feelings. I didn’t think, not even for a second, to see if he was really alright with dating Chanyeol. He looked pleased but was it really like this? I am regretting a lot of my decisions right now because, due to my ignorance, I have lost the one person who could make everything better. My Minseokie. I was a horrible person for letting Chanyeol utterly break him. A coward too, for taking Yeol back after everything he had done. But my heart couldn’t let him go and I was selfish. Before I figured out what was actually going on, I had already chosen my lover over my best friend and regrets would do me no good.

Minseok had stopped talking to me a little after he had broken up with Chanyeol and this made me cry a lot for all the mistakes I had committed and for making someone as selfless and sweet as my buddy suffer the consequences. I didn’t try to make him forgive me because I was very much guilty for the heartbreak he was currently experiencing. If I had not taken Yeol back, this wouldn’t have happened. Hell, if I hadn’t met him, I would still have my Minnie.

Chanyeol’s POV

       I was a bastard, there was no denying it. If I only I could turn back time. But then again, was I really regretting the things I had done? While true I loved Baek with all my heart, there was no reservation about the fact that Minseok owned a relatively large part of it as well. I am not sure when it happened but one day I took a good look at Minnie and realized I was in lo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter