I am.

I Think I Saw Love

 

 

C H A P T E R 3 8: I am.

 

One snowflake comes floating down from the sky – billions of other snowflakes following behind.

Two hands having a firm hold onto each other – fingers entangling and caressing kindly.

Three boys walking through the graveyard – tranquility are surrounding them.

“I love you,” Kibum suddenly whispered, only for Jonghyun to hear, as the younger boy breathed hot air against right ear. Kibum himself did not know why he said so at that exact moment, but it just felt right.

Jonghyun smiled idiotically at his sudden confession, biting his lower lip a little in a try to prevent his smile from widening, before squeezing his hand and whispering: “I love you too, Kibum.”

It was definitely not the cold weather that caused their faces to turn red, as both boys turned away from one another, trying to hide their big smiles, which were caused by their own cheesiness.

However, just as fast as their smiles had appeared, they also disappeared again, when they were reminded about their current surrounding by Jinki, who until then had been walking in front of them and had been leading the way throughout the graveyard. The boy had suddenly stopped, though, when he had found that one tombstone, which they had dared their way out in the cold to see.

Kibum indeed felt his smile drop, as he saw the familiar names written on the neat tombstone in front of him.

The following silence was almost enchanting, as Kibum dropped down on his knees in front of the stone – at the same time letting go of Jonghyun – to place a bouquet of colorful flowers with a small note by its side, which he almost had forgotten that he had been holding onto with his other hand.

Nothing happened for a couple of minutes, as Kibum just sat there.

He was aware of the fact that his cousin and his boyfriend were standing behind him, but he did not notice them, as they did not do nor say anything.

Taking a big mouthful of air, he stood up again and gradually stepped away from the tombstone, until he once again was standing besides Jonghyun.

Kibum sensed, that the older boy turned his head to take a look at him – but he eventually saw nothing, as he closed his eyes and smiled for himself.

“Are you okay?” He then heard Jonghyun question, sounding worried, and Kibum figured that his actions must have been confusing for the others. Opening his eyes, he took a hold onto Jonghyun once again.

“Actually…” Kibum started out, taking a final look at the tombstone, before turning his gaze towards Jonghyun, as a lone tear caressed his cheek. “…I am.”

 

Dear mom and dad

 

Thank you for this great opportunity.

You will always be loved.

 

- Your son, Kim Kibum

 

* * *

 

Jonghyun groaned in his sleep-like state, as he felt something – or rather someone – putting pressure onto his chest. He was not surprised, though, when he fluttered his eyes open and was met with the sight of his boyfriend sitting on him, as the first thing in the morning.

Ever since they had returned from Daegu, Kibum had been unusually intimating – not that Jonghyun was complaining.

“Good morning,” Kibum greeted and smiled, before leaning a bit forward to share a petite kiss with Jonghyun.

Jonghyun returned his smile tiredly, still not fully awake yet. He then wrapped his arms around Kibum before speaking with a rather hoarse voice: “Good morning to you too, beautiful.”

Kibum snickered at the cheesiness and lied down on top of him – resting his head on his raising chest and tangling their bare legs in the process.

“I have something to tell you Jonghyun…” Kibum suddenly spoke up after a moment with comfortable silence.

“Hum?” Jonghyun hummed, for some reason feeling a bit uncomfortable all of a sudden, because of the tone Kibum spoke with. “What is it?”

“As you were sleeping Songdam called,” Kibum started out, biting his lips.

“Is that so?” Jonghyun mumbled, waiting for Kibum to continue.

“She wanted to talk with me, actually, about some offer she had for me…” Kibum then said and sat up to face Jonghyun. The older boy sat up too, and raised an eyebrow at him. “So she will coming here later to talk about it, with both of us.”

“Which kind of offer was it then? Do you know that?” Jonghyun asked; having a hard time figuring why he was feeling so troubled about an offer from Songdam – his own beloved big sister of all people.

“Something about…” Kibum mumbled and stopped – rethinking what it was Songdam had told him. “Something about some intern job, I think?”

Jonghyun felt his eyes widen by the words, suddenly feeling nausea as he realized what was wrong with this.

 

 

If Songdam was offering Kibum an intern job…

…and if Kibum agreed on it…

...It would mean that Kibum has to go with her to the United Sates – right?

 

 

“And are you considering… I mean… are you considering accepting this offer?”

“…I am.”

 


 

A/N: Oh god. I had a deadline saying 01-01-2013 on this fanfic! But there still is one chapter left, though! 

Anyway - Happy New Year! :D

- And happy birthday for this fanfic! - because I randomly decided to start writing it on New Year Eve's in 2011 - and then the 01-01-2012 I randomly decided to post the first chapter in here :D

Well, well. One chapter left, and I am just pushing the last drama into this story! As ever the chapter isn't long at all, because my patience don't reach to long - sadly enough. 

I hoped you enjoyed it anyway!

~ Legende ^_^y