Birthday surprise (part 1).

I Think I Saw Love

 

C H A P T E R 2 1: Birthday surprise (part 1).

 

Kibum was lying in his bed together with Jinki, when suddenly the latter’s cell phone started chiming. Jinki excused himself and got up from the bed, to pick up the phone. Only few words was heard from Jinki as he was speaking, before he excused himself once more and left the room.

He wasn’t really aware of for how long a time he waited for his cousin’s return, but when he heard the door went open something just didn’t feel right.

Footsteps crossed the floor in delight – not the same clumsy way Jinki always would come stumbling.

A soft hand caressed Kibum’s cheek, and the springs of the bed shifted a bit as the person laid down beside him.

He smiled softly as an arm found its way around his waist and dragged him closer to the other’s body.

“If I am not mistaken you aren’t Jinki,” Kibum stated and bit down in his lower lips to hide his enthusiasm, shamelessly pushing himself a bit closer to the other – close enough for their back and chest to smelt together.

“Hell no, I am beyond doubt not Jinki,” Jonghyun’s familiar voice resounded through the room as he let out a tired, but extremely attractive, chuckle.

Kibum had a hard time believing it; Jonghyun was actually lying in his bed right now, back hugging him, chest against back and with an arm around his petite, delicate waist.

“Jonghyun?”

“Kibum?”

“Jinki he—”

“—He had to leave sweetie, I am sorry,” Jonghyun stated and took his hand in his, calmly starting to caress it.

Did Jonghyun just call him sweetie? He felt his cheeks heat up by the statement. “I am not surprised; I knew he had to leave sooner or later anyways,” he mumbled relax – and if Jonghyun was here to substitute for his cousin, he thinks he would survive.

“Jonghyun?”

“Hm?”

“Never mind.”

He just wanted to know why Jonghyun always had to be like this, over and over again. He was always caring and loving towards Kibum. Way to caring and loving, if you asked for his point of view. Not that he actually cared – he didn’t, he just wondered why. Jonghyun didn’t act like a person who was spending time with a near friend of his – they weren’t even that near when everything was said and done – more did it seem as if he was spending his precious time with a long-loved lover.

“Kibum?”

“Hm?”

“Why didn’t you tell me?”

Kibum shifted a little bit. “Tell you what?”

“That tomorrow is your birthday?” Jonghyun said. Shifting a little bit as well, to fit his figure again.

“Oh, about that?” Kibum questioned thoughtfully. “I just didn’t think you would be interested in knowing it,” he stated, more than once this evening, he was glad that Jonghyun wasn’t able to see his blushing face, considering that he had his back towards him and the light was turned off.

“Of course I care Bummie. I will try to make tomorrow as perfect as possible,” Jonghyun answered back, mumbling a bit, and it was noticeable to hear on his voice, that he still was worn-out from the surgery.

This time it was finally his time to comfort Jonghyun a bit. “Don’t overburden yourself to much Jonghyun, why don’t we get some sleep for now?”

“Mhm, okay if you say so,” Jonghyun answered and took a deep mouthful of air as he nestled his head into the crook of Kibum’s shoulder.

Was Jonghyun always this cute when he was tired?

* * *

Waking up the next day, Kibum kind of expected to find Jonghyun by his side, but he quickly noticed the lack of body heat by his side, as he turned around to grab out for it.

“Jonghyun?” He asked with a hopefully voice as he sat up, listening for any kind of sound that would tell him he wasn’t left alone.

But there was nothing to be heard.

Just as he let out a disappointed sigh the door went open and footsteps once again approached him.

“Man, are you already awake? I am sorry Bummie, I wanted to be back before you had woken up,” Jonghyun explained and sat down beside him, taking his hand again, and making Kibum beam. He had to admit that just for an instant had he thought that the older just had left him without telling him anything – like Jinki pretty much did, but it just saved him for a properly tearful goodbye.

“Where have you been?” He asked curious.

“Just out fixing some things,” he answered.

Kibum frowned to some extent as the other put their hands to rest in his laps – something felt odd. “What are you wearing?” He questioned.

“Um, I think it is called jeans?” Jonghyun answered ironic, chuckling a little.

“Yes, I already know that, but why?” Kibum kept on. He hoped that Jonghyun wasn’t able to hear it on his voice, but he suddenly felt like panicking; why would someone wear properly clothes at a hospital unless you would have to leave the hospital?

“Because it is your birthday today, and you and I, we are going out – happy birthday Kibum.”

“W—What?”

Going out?!