Dad.

I Think I Saw Love

 

C H A P T E R 2 9: Dad.

 

The thought about Jonghyun actually going to school had never crossed his mind.

The last couple of days Kibum have almost wished for him and Jonghyun to be back in their own cozy world of the hospital – no school, no schedule, just the two of them spending time together in his room and cuddling with each other.

But the reality wanted that Jonghyun would have to leave him early in the morning for at least 7 hours, just to go to school, and some days he would even have to leave again in the evening because of his gig.

Kibum wasn’t the one to complain however.

He understood and accepted that Jonghyun was busy after spending so many weeks in the hospital – and then there also was the fact that Jonghyun always would cuddle with him for at least one hour after returning home from either school or work. Jonghyun would then tell him small nothings, while caressing his stomach and leaving him marks all over his body.

“Kibum baby?” Jonghyun muttered against his ears one day, as he slowly was caressing his stomach.

Something in his voice made Kibum reach out and interweave their fingers in a comforting manner, before softly humming in response, gesturing for him to continue with whatever it was he wanted to say.

“My dad is coming home tomorrow,” Jonghyun muttered and sighed against his ears.

Kibum squeezed their hands tight as he felt himself frown nervously. Jonghyun had already warned him about his dad – who until now had been on a business trip – and he was honestly scared of meeting him.

Jonghyun had encouraging tried to assure him that his dad wasn’t a homophobe however – he just had a hard time accepting things like that.

“I’m scared, Jonghyun,” Kibum stated with a whisper, before snuggling closer to his beloved boyfriend and taking a deep addicting breathe.

“There is no need to be scared, I promise you everything will be okay,” Jonghyun assured him once again. Kibum felt a pair of lips roam his forehead, before kissing him on the tip of his nose and lastly on the mouth.

* * *

The next day all four of them – Kibum, Jonghyun and his parents – were gathered around the dining table. Kibum was trembling besides Jonghyun. His dad was sitting in the other side of the table, watching them suspicious, while his mother was about to place some of the last dishes on the table, before sitting down at her regular seat beside her husband. 

Jonghyun found it very ironic.

Last time all of them were gathered around the dining table, was the exact same day his mother had mentioned Kibum for him. That time he had been absentminded and careless, way too busy looking at his phone to actually listening to her words.

A lot had happened since then – Jonghyun had to admit that.

His father just kept looking at them and for an instant Jonghyun was actually glad that Kibum still had to wear his bandage for another week, before he could take it off – and god, he was glad that his mother had told him that they only were friends and that Kibum only was going to stay here for a little while, when he absolute had to stare at them like had they done something wrong.

* * *

Rest of the dinner went in awkwardness, no one really spoke and Jonghyun could only comfort his boyfriend by squeezing his hand a couple of times, when his dad would turn his head to look away.  

Jonghyun was more than relieved when he and Kibum entered his room again – throwing themselves onto the bed, both letting a big sigh out.

“That was probably the most awkward thing I ever have been exposed to,” Kibum uttered and turned around so he was laying flat on his stomach.

Jonghyun looked at him with a wondering smile, only he knew was there. “More awkward than the time that I have to help you shower?” He asked teasingly, and moved closer to his oh-so beautiful face, which now was turning red from the reminder.

“Yes – even more awkward than that,” Kibum choked out and tilted his head down, as if he knew that Jonghyun was inspecting his every single move. “None of you were even speaking together – and it was like I almost could feel your dad glaring at me.”

“You’re so cute baby,” Jonghyun stated and tilted his head up again to peck him on the lips. “You know I love you right?”

Kibum just smiled and pecked him back, before eventually sitting up and pressing their lips together in a proper kiss – a kiss which Jonghyun gladly participated in, seeing how addicting Kibum was.

“Of course I know – I love you too.”

A clearing throat could be heard in the background, which quickly made Jonghyun jerk away from Kibum and turn his head, just to face his dad in the door way to his room. “As soon as you guys are done with confessing your love for each other, I want to see you downstairs – Understood Jonghyun?”

“...Yes dad.”

* * *

“As soon as that boy drops his bandage, I want him out of my house, do you understand that?”

“Yes – I understand, I will make sure that he disappears out of your house as soon as possible if that is what you want.”

Kibum felt his body quiver by the words, tears treading to spill – once again he had overheard something that wasn’t for him to hear.